* Author Topic: Gest Praga Medica cycle buddies - part 2  (Read 12550 times)

0 Members

Offline Bk27

modify
Gest Praga Medica cycle buddies - part 2
« Reply #20 on: 13/07/17, 22:35 »
Hi everyone!
I'm now back from Prague with my two frozen embryos on board, keeping everything crossed. All went really smoothly and I couldn't fault Gest or Praga Medica again. Now I've just got to keep busy for the next two weeks!
Lillie, I would definitely recommend them - we have our little girl thanks to them. They know exactly what they're doing and are very professional. Blanka was our coordinator and has been brilliant on both of our cycles. Any questions please just ask!
Xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline lillie16

modify
    « Reply #21 on: 13/07/17, 23:30 »
    Bk - best of luck - sending you good thoughts!  How was their english? If i tell them i know nothing about IVF, can/will they teach me how to give myself injections, and basically walk me thru everything during the process? Was the clinic clean and modern? I reached out to them a few days ago and haven't heard back from them yet. I did hear back from 3 other ones though, but i am trying to be patient.  Thanks everyone! 

Offline bubblebean11

modify
    « Reply #22 on: 14/07/17, 06:11 »
    BK glad to hear you are back!! I hope you had a wonderful time and that those little ones stick!!!

Lillie it was very clean and as good as I think you could get in the US. Maybe better. I know they will help you with anything you have questions about. Donor embryos is very easy.. but I can't say how IVF works there. I know I wouldn't hesitate to go there, since I went 2 times in 3 months :)

Offline hopefulbub

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #23 on: 20/07/17, 11:34 »
    I got my flights and accom booked all ready for December this year, managed to get flights at ridiculously cheap and with the interest free on flights we jumped on it and I am beyond excited.

Have emailed Jana to confirm my itinerary plan.

I've noticed a few of you mentioned the acupuncture, can you please let me know if  you believed this increase your success rate.

I am repeating same process as before with my positive transfers: Endometrial scratch a month before FET, Assisted hatching, embryo glue.

Any other procedures you would recommend?

I am wanting to go all out with this procedure as I won't be able to go on leave from work again until late next year,

TIA

Offline Bk27

modify
    « Reply #24 on: 21/07/17, 07:59 »
    Hi all, just popped on to post a quick update - I'm 10d5dt of 2 good quality blasts from a frozen transfer and am really happy to say I have a strong positive! I was worried as I had a little bit of bleeding a couple of days ago but thankfully it didn't last long. Official test day is Monday but I've never been able to wait until OTD. I'm feeling extremely tired and started to feel nauseous yesterday afternoon which is unusual for me as with my last pregnancy I didn't get that until 6 weeks. For those of you who have been to Gest recently do they advise a scan at 6/7 weeks?
    Hopefulbub, I had the acupuncture both times before and after transfer and I've had two BFP's. It's a lovely clinic and I found it really relaxing. I booked the transfers through praga medica so I didn't need to worry about a thing.
    If anyone is travelling with a little one like we did we could recommend a great child friendly airbnb apartment outside of the city centre.
    Lillie - their English is brilliant, both the Drs and coordinators speak great English. The coordinators are also present to translate and ask any questions for you with the embryologist too. Lots of people speak good English in Prague, it's never been an issue for us. The clinic is still really small and friendly and clean, id definitely recommend them.
    Good luck to everyone going through cycles currently/soon. 
    Bubblebean / kimmy how are you both getting on?

Offline bubblebean11

modify
    « Reply #25 on: 22/07/17, 23:23 »
    I had us on Wed and saw one sweet heartbeat! Then yesterday I had bleeding for a short time and got to see the heartbeat again. Dr said everything looked good. I think I over did it yesterday. Will try to not do that again. I was really glad to see an update from you Bk.

Offline Kimmy78

modify
    « Reply #26 on: 23/07/17, 02:56 »
    I'm waiting (impatiently!) for my ultrasound on Monday afternoon when I'll find out if this pregnancy is viable. My betas are rising but on the very low side (6700 at 6w5d) and I have had a little pink spotting when I use the bathroom.
    Ugh this is worse than the 2ww. I'll feel better knowing for sure.
    Glad to hear you have a good heartbeat Bubble 😊💕 and hi to everyone else 😊☀️

Offline Kimmy78

modify
    « Reply #27 on: 23/07/17, 02:57 »
    Oh and huge congrats BK!!!! 💕

Offline Bk27

modify
    « Reply #28 on: 24/07/17, 08:17 »
    Thanks guys. Bubblebean I'm so pleased you saw a heartbeat, how many weeks are you now?
    Kimmy, I'll be thinking of you today and keeping everything crossed that you get to see a heartbeat too! I've heard some women just have lower betas so as long as they're doubling then that's what matters.
    It's my OTD tomorrow so I'll be contacting Gest then getting my scan booked, time just goes so slowly at this stage doesn't it! Xx

Offline Kimmy78

modify
    « Reply #29 on: 25/07/17, 04:46 »
    I'm delighted to say I had a teeny weeny baby with a heartbeat today!!! Insane!!! It's measuring a week behind so I need to go back next Monday for another ultrasound. But for now I have a sweet little peanut growing in me. I just pray that it sticks around for the next 32 weeks or so!!!