* Author Topic: Gest Praga Medica cycle buddies - part 2  (Read 12525 times)

0 Members

Offline Yeswecan13

• Un-Ranked
modify
Gest Praga Medica cycle buddies - part 2
« Reply #40 on: 15/08/17, 07:11 »
Thanks everyone.  So my first question is where do you source meds over here prescribed by Gest?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Bk27

modify
    « Reply #41 on: 15/08/17, 09:14 »
    I'm so pleased everyone is doing well. I'm on bed rest at the moment as I've been bleeding since Saturday, although it's not heavy - I'm hoping all is ok and I can get a reassurance scan soon. My prednisalone only lasted until 5 weeks then I was told to just stop taking it. I did gradually wean off the progesterone last time at 12 weeks but I'm sure GEST will advise you.
    Twinkle toes - great to see you had twins last year! Amazing news! I may be looking for twin tips if all goes well with this pregnancy! X

It might depend where you are based yeswecan but I had my meds delivered to home here in the U.K., they use an online European pharmacy. X

Offline Yeswecan13

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #42 on: 18/08/17, 09:02 »
    So consultation done and we're booked to start meds end sept going over beginning of  October.  Excited!! So what extras do you recommend? Embryo glue assisted hatching? I am wondering whether I should look into having an endometritial scratch here in uk before going over. What are your thoughts? Any help appreciated 😆

Offline hopefulbub

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #43 on: 18/08/17, 10:47 »
    congrats bk27 on your twins, awesome news!

Yeswecan13, I would highly recommend, endometrial scratch ( I got mine done at an IVF clinic here in Australia); I also did Assisted hatching and embryo glue.

Praga Medica also offer an Acupuncture package now where you do accu before and after transfer.

Acupuncture has been really successful from what I have been reading so far and my next FET in December I will definitely be adding this also.

For me personally, investing so much emotionally and financially, I want to throw everything I can into these transfers to increase my success.

Offline bubblebean11

modify
    « Reply #44 on: 20/08/17, 01:59 »
    The First transfer we did assisted hatching and glue. The second we did glue and no hatching as the dr didn't recommend it this time. Also, I am pretty sure one of the embryos was fully hatched by the time we did the transfer.

Offline Yeswecan13

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #45 on: 21/08/17, 15:27 »
    Great stuff thanks everyone. Just want this cycle to get out the way so we can get started. Any advice on where to stay and things to do?  I will be travelling with my three year old

Offline hopefulbub

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #46 on: 29/08/17, 07:27 »
    Great stuff thanks everyone. Just want this cycle to get out the way so we can get started. Any advice on where to stay and things to do?  I will be travelling with my three year old
    Check out booking.com

I always stayed at andel which is out of the main tourism area. It has a large novy smichov shopping complex next to andel tram station.

I usually stayed at Ibis Praha or andel apartments praha which has a kitchen, minibar to keep food and drinks cool in your small room and highly recommended.

My main thing to point out is to make sure you check on the room description you have your private bathroom as some cheaper rooms available i.e. at hostel is shared bathroom.

Because you arw with your daughter try to avoid hostels.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Yeswecan13

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #47 on: 4/09/17, 11:34 »
    Thanks do much 😊Will anyone else be cycling with Gest in October?

Offline Yeswecan13

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #48 on: 5/09/17, 21:27 »
    Did anyone else do the top package with embryo glue and assisted hatching? Is it worth paying for or is the basic package enough?

Offline remimama

modify
    « Reply #49 on: 7/09/17, 20:17 »
    I did hatching and glue on both embryos on my 2 attempts. I'm actually 25 weeks with a baby boy, so I'm really happy I did :)
    Anyway in case your embryos hatches by themselves, embryologist won't need to perform the procedure so you won't be charged for it. As for embryo glue, they never use it here in Canada on my previous attempts so I've decided to give it a try.
    At the end it is a personal choice but I was feeling better giving the embryos the more chances possible. Of course it can works without, too ! :)
    Good luck 🍀