* Author Topic: Gest Praga Medica cycle buddies - part 2  (Read 12946 times)

0 Members

Offline hopefulbub

• Un-Ranked
modify
Gest Praga Medica cycle buddies - part 2
« Reply #60 on: 7/10/17, 13:01 »
How are you going so far yeswecan in Prague? Has egg retrieval been completed yet?

So exciting and looking forward to your updates to transfer date!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Kimmy78

modify
    « Reply #61 on: 7/10/17, 16:59 »
    Ooh good luck yeswecan! So exciting! Canít wait to hear about the egg retrieval and transfer etc!
    Iím now 18w tomorrow, so they really can work miracles!

Offline Dollystrumpet

modify
    « Reply #62 on: 7/10/17, 20:39 »
    Hello everyone,

Hoping you might be able to help me. I am seriously considering Gest for DE IVF and was hoping for some reassurance that it is the place for me.
    I find their third cycle free offer especially appealing as DH and I have limited funds, and I really worry about money running out before we have success. In an ideal world I would love to go to New Life in Greece, but I don't think we can afford it. Once you factor in flight etc we could probably only stretch to one go.

I've heard that the doctors at Gest can be quite dismissive regarding the matching of the donors. Is this true? I don't really mind about educational background etc, but I do want somebody who physically resembles me. I also understand you have to book a certain package to avoid egg sharing.

Any advice much appreciated. I'm totally stressing out about it all!

Offline Kimmy78

modify
    « Reply #63 on: 8/10/17, 14:15 »
    Hi Dolly, Iím one of Gestís de Ivf success stories! We went for the Optimum Package which is the cheaper one and they basically match you with a donor and you get no choices and you share the eggs. That was fine with us as our priority was young healthy eggs. The more expensive Maximum Package you can choose the characteristics of your donor such as hair and eye color, blood type, height and you get all the eggs. Iíve never heard of the Drs being dismissive about the donor matching. You can choose either package with no issues! My donor, as it turns out, sounds perfect: she is my height, light brown hair, blue eyes (to match dh so we might have a blue eyed baby) and is a university graduate aged 25. She produced 16 eggs of which I got 8, all fertilized with icsi and 6 went on to become expanded blastocysts. I transferred 2 and froze the other 4. I got a bfp my first try and Iím 18w today. Iím in contact with several other women who did a mix of own egg Ivf, donor egg Ivf and donor embryos all of whom got pregnant on their first or second attempt. We are all very happy with our experiences at Gest! All the best 🍀💕🍀 I think youíll like it there too.

Offline Dollystrumpet

modify
    « Reply #64 on: 9/10/17, 10:17 »
    Hi Kimmy,

Thank you for your reply. That's all very helpful. Congratulations on your success.

I just read a few things where people said that Dr Alexander (think that is his name?) really emphasis having a healthy baby as been more important than matching them to you. It gave me a bit of alarm as whilst I agree up to a point, I think you do want a baby that will fit in with your family. They do sound really good though from what I have read. The third cycle free offer also really appeals as I'm so scared of the money running out before we have success. I also really like the look of New Life in Greece, but they are so much more expensive.

Can I ask if Guest offer immune testing etc? There's not much information on the site. I emailed them on Friday, but not heard anything back since. How long does it usually take for a response?

Thank you again, and all the best for your pregnancy.

Offline Yeswecan13

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #65 on: 12/10/17, 09:36 »
    Hi everyone.  Egg collection booked for friday😀😀 did anyone do accupuncture whilst in prague? Wondering whether to book it for egg transfer day...

Offline hopefulbub

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #66 on: 14/10/17, 14:02 »
    I personally havent because Praga Medica didn't have this as an option when I went but I have asked to add this into my next FET in Dec, I was told acupuncture will be done on the day of and will be before and right after transfer.

Offline Yeswecan13

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #67 on: 19/10/17, 05:07 »
    ET done and on my way home tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Offline hopefulbub

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #68 on: 19/10/17, 06:29 »
    Congrats! Fingers crossed for A BFP

Do you mind me asking what the retrieval stats and how many were ended up being frozen?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Offline Yeswecan13

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #69 on: 24/10/17, 13:58 »
    We had 8 eggs out of 8 follicles.  All fertilised.   2 blastocysts transfered and 2 frozen.  I have low AMH though so other people might have had more :0)