* Author Topic: Gest Praga Medica cycle buddies - part 2  (Read 12807 times)

0 Members

Offline Ziggyfairy

• Un-Ranked
modify
Gest Praga Medica cycle buddies - part 2
« Reply #80 on: 1/03/18, 20:22 »
Hello everyone! My husband and I have our consultation with Dr Alexander on 16th March. Iím excited and terrified in equal measure - this is it, this is our chance! Iíve had concerns about going with GEST because itís almost as if my heart is ruling my head - I do think there are ďbetterĒ clinics in terms of success rates etc. but the customer service is great and I really like the ďMaximum with FET GuaranteeĒ package - seems to give a good chance of success.

Is anyone else having their first consultation soon . . . ?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline bubblebean11

modify
    « Reply #81 on: 13/03/18, 18:42 »
    Hi Ziggyfairy

I just wanted to share that almost exactly a year ago I had my consultation with Dr.Alexander, and on march 3 my sweet baby girl Mayzie was born. I am only sharing as I know right where you are in your feelings. I hope this post is ok, I just want to help those who are having a hard time deciding, have hope. She is my dream come true and I hope you can find yours as well. As far as success rates go, I say go with your heart and gut to decide where to go. I was originally going to Brno with clinic Reprofit but then I came across Praga Medica website with GEST clinic and I knew then that was where I was supposed to go. It is really easy to go back and forth and to second guess your decision. The thing is, once your baby is born, you don't wonder.. what if I would have gone with the other clinic. Afterwards you only know what you have and see. So if you feel good about even one thing go with it. Good luck and I hope that I helped even if just a little bit. I wish you all the best! <3

Offline Karhog

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #82 on: 13/03/18, 20:48 »
    Hey Ziggyfairy Just jumping on to say  you will be in great hands with Praga Medica. They are absolutely fantastic, I also had Dr Alexander  and I now have my gorgeous 2yr old and 4 Yr old thanks to them. Good luck with whatever clinic you opt for.
    Bubblebean, congratulations on your beautiful baby girl

Offline Ziggyfairy

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #83 on: 14/03/18, 18:56 »
    Oh thank you so much for the happy stories, ladies - and congratulations! I hope I come back on here in a yearís time to reassure another hopeful woman that GEST is a good choice!

We fly to Prague tomorrow and Iím giddy with excitement and nerves!

Offline Goldilocks71

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #84 on: 16/03/18, 18:53 »
    Hi there, im also at praga medica on 16thMarch(today) iím the for our 2nd attempt the first was a fresh cycle which failed, so this is a FET. We have had a good experience with Praga Medica although no baby yet... iím hoping this is our time for a child... have you attend today??

Offline bubblebean11

modify
    « Reply #85 on: 17/03/18, 03:46 »
    Best of luck and blessings to both of you in bringing your babies home :)

Offline Goldilocks71

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #86 on: 19/03/18, 23:43 »
    Thankyou for sharing your story with us, it makes it so much easier to hear of a successful transfer first hand, im hoping and praying like mad that it works this time, my age is against us and financially itís draining not to mention the rollercoaster ride weíve been on for almost a year with praga... Can i ask was your transfer fresh or frozen and did you fall pregnant first time, i know they say by the 3rd attempt you have a 90% chance of pregnancy not sure if thats with fresh or frozen though🤔

Offline Goldilocks71

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #87 on: 19/03/18, 23:47 »
    Ziggyfairy we may have been at praga at the same time as i was there for transfer on the 16th!!! How did you get on?? Hope they answered all yr questions you had...

Offline Ziggyfairy

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #88 on: 24/03/18, 09:52 »
    Hi everyone - oh wow, Goldilocks, how are you? I hope it went well! I didnít see any other couples at the clinic on the day but I did see two women by themselves; I thought perhaps they might be donors. Was your partner with you for transfer? And Iím guessing youíll be testing next week? GOOD LUCK!

Our time at GEST went well I think - so far so good, anyway. Theyíve given me a treatment plan and embryo transfer will be at the end of May or the start of June - which seems very far away  :-[

One thing I thought was a bit weird was that Dr Alexander examined me and did the ultrasound with my husband there - I genuinely donít know why that threw me, but it did  ;D

I need to get my head into better shape - I feel very negative and pessimistic about the whole thing . . .

Offline Goldilocks71

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #89 on: 24/03/18, 11:14 »
    Hi ziggyfairy... iím ok i did a test 2 days ago a clear blue digi but came up not pregnant that was difficult to see, I know itís still very early for me to test but up until then i was feeling extremely positive that i may be pregnant but not feeling that now... got another week to go before i can be sure.
    Donít worry about the examination i had that too with my hubby present think they just do things differently there than bk in the uk. It will pass so quickly you will be in June in no time at all,its such exciting times and i feel yr in good hands at praga!!!