* Author Topic: second ivf failed. Own eggs or donor?  (Read 423 times)

0 Members

Offline Jennyba

• Un-Ranked
modify
second ivf failed. Own eggs or donor?
« on: 29/07/17, 08:34 »
Just come through a second failed ivf 😢 i did a tandem cycle and got two grade 1 blastocysts from ten eggs from me and 5 grade 1 from the donor. Had 4 put back in and i was convinced it had worked this time as felt completely different to my last cycle.

I'm trying to be practical and look to doing a 3rd attempt in January. I'm 41 and don't know if i should try again with my own eggs and do a tandem cycle again, freezing any spare or just do donor? Any advice? I'm going to do a hysteroscopy and endometrial scratch and also try doing accupuncture.

Jen ☺

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Syd72

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 29/07/17, 15:37 »
    Hi Jennyba , sorry to hear about the failed ivf. Great that you're getting a hysto, I would say it's definitely worth having other things looked at like immunes and clotting if you haven't already in case that's the problem. Loads of people get pregnant in their early 40s with own eggs. If you're doing this with a partner maybe get his sperm tested as well, for DNA fragmentation as well as the usual stuff.

Good luck!

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 2/08/17, 16:04 »
    I am sorry your IVF failed. I think doing acupuncture is a great idea, as well as doing additional tests and that depends on the reasons (if you know) why yr treatment failed. Good luck