* Author Topic: MicroTESE next week  (Read 1704 times)

0 Members

Offline Rafael89

• Un-Ranked
modify
MicroTESE next week
« on: 30/07/17, 16:21 »
Hi,

I've just joined this forum as I was diagnosed with non obstructive azoospermia about two months ago and will undergo a MicroTESE next week.

My wife and I are both 35, married just a year ago and are really hoping to build a family. This has just been such a shock as we always thought it would all be straightforward and now it seems like a mountain to climb whereas for others having a baby seems so easy. We both have ups and downs, and as the date of the MicroTESE approaches are definitely getting more anxious and hoping for a positive outcome. We are also conscious that finding good samples is only part of the way as we would still then have to go through the IVF process which will certainly be stressful.

We have shared our situation with parents and it is important to have their support. I think it would be a good idea to talk to a BICA accredited counsellor too but the search on the BICA site doesn't work and I can't find that many counsellors that are accredited and based in central London when looking at the counselling network website. Can anyone recommend where to find one?

This whole situation is quite overwhelming but my wife and I are very supportive of each other during this moment. I am thinking of calling the fertility network to have someone to talk to.

I don't have much else to ask or say here but just thought that posting here would make us feel better and hear from people in a similar situation.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline MargotW

modify
    MicroTESE next week
    « Reply #1 on: 31/07/17, 08:36 »
    Hi Rafael

Which clinic are you at? The clinics should have counsellors, most of whom are BICA accredited. You could try emailing BICA

[email protected]

good luck xxx

Offline Rafael89

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    MicroTESE next week
    « Reply #2 on: 31/07/17, 12:43 »
    Thanks Margot. Yes the clinic has a counsellor but I wanted to find a few options. I tried writing to the BICA email address but it seems it is no longer in use.

Since there are not that many BICA accredited counsellors out there does anyone recommend looking for other types of accreditations? Just want to make sure the counsellor is properly qualified to discuss my issues.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk