* Author Topic: BFP over 40 waiting for scans and tests  (Read 14382 times)

0 Members

Offline ladykris

modify
BFP over 40 waiting for scans and tests
« Reply #10 on: 18/08/17, 15:51 »
Hi ladies. Can I join? Im 41 nad I'm very early days but happy and determined to not let my anxiety run away with me this time. I haven't heard next steps yet from clinic. Last time was bad news after 1st scan but now I have 10x the hcg levels so going to feel more positive.
Congratulations all of you geriatrics. (WTF!?!?)
Kris

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Tootles

modify
    « Reply #11 on: 18/08/17, 16:23 »
    Hee hee! I actually got 'morbidly geriatric'!  I've not been able to colour my hair yet - heard its best to wait until after 12 weeks, so I do have a few greys!

I'm cool with downs too. More concerned about Edwards and Platau though and high risk due to age and family history. No idea what I'd do but I'd prefer to be prepared.

I'm thinking about the whole birth thing! Not as bendy as I used to be! Need to stop watching One Born Every Minute!

Offline dolphinx

modify
    « Reply #12 on: 18/08/17, 17:55 »
    Hi Kris,

How far are you?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BB41

modify
    « Reply #13 on: 18/08/17, 21:50 »
    Hi Kris. Dolphinx, I know I was terrified they would tell me there was nothing there when I went for my scan. Already getting nervous about Monday. Cramping a bit today and keep being scared spotting will come back. Latest thing to worry about is I read that your hair doesn't fall out when pregnant and I still have lose hair when I comb... you can drive yourself nuts.

Offline BB41

modify
    « Reply #14 on: 18/08/17, 21:53 »
    Tootles- don't know what they are but still think I'd rather not know! Stop watching One Born Every Minute! I used to be addicted to that. I just watched an episode of Orphan Black with a forced twin birth induction of a kidnapped character- thinking 'why am I watching this?!'

Offline ladykris

modify
    « Reply #15 on: 18/08/17, 23:17 »
    Hi dolphinx. I'm 4wks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline dolphinx

modify
    « Reply #16 on: 19/08/17, 00:03 »
    Kris, good news on the hcg. I read some of your posts from Spain clinic. Good hcg surely means good implantation so fingers crossed.

Out of interest what did your 'good' hcg look like on a hpt? I didn't get any bloods so have been trawling google trying to equate the darkness of my lines to hcg levels  :) a worthwhile use of my time I'm sure  :)

BB41 Monday is so near! Fingers crossed for you too. Also - I'm still losing my hair. And I don't feel that tired either. I feel like I'm not relaxed enough to feel tired if that makes sense.

Offline BB41

modify
    « Reply #17 on: 19/08/17, 22:10 »
    Dolphinx - I know, it seemed so long to wait but now I almost don't want to know. I was also kept awake with excitement/nerves in the early weeks, now sleeping all the time. Very vivid dreams.

Offline Tootles

modify
    « Reply #18 on: 20/08/17, 11:57 »
    Hee hee! Yep One Born is now out of bounds.

Hope Monday goes well for you BB41.

Dolphinx, hope you're feeing well and not too anxious. It's so hard not to be though isn't it?  I'm hoping that after the first trimester all of the tests well be fine and I can start to relax a bit. 

I'm 9 weeks and 2 days.  Just had a letter from the NHS about our first hospital appointment and all of the courses they suggest to do. Lots of reading up to do!

Offline dolphinx

modify
    « Reply #19 on: 20/08/17, 12:24 »
    Felt a bit more grounded last few days thanks. And had first decent night's sleep last night.

'Worry of the day' is that I don't feel particularly tired. And I'm the girl that takes an afternoon nap at the first opportunity back in the world of normality. You would think with disrupted sleep I would be knackered but no.

Taking the last hpt this afternoon as off to see the doctor tomorrw. Then I'm banning myelf...

BB41 - I'm the same! I never test early and always dread the OTD as I'd rather not know. I'm feeling the same about the next few weeks  :)