* Author Topic: BFP over 40 waiting for scans and tests  (Read 14381 times)

0 Members

Offline Syd72

• Gold Member
modify
BFP over 40 waiting for scans and tests
« Reply #100 on: 25/09/17, 11:56 »
Thanks ladies. Scan today showed yolk sac but no growth in g sac and no fetal  pole. Doctor is completely confident in a miscarriage diagnosis but will scan me again next Tuesday to put my mind at rest. She is suggesting medical management rather than surgical as it's better for future pregnancies. Not looking forward to that, remember how painful it was last time :(

Dolphin, good luck for the scan, how many weeks?

Hope everyone else is ok.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline dolphinx

modify
    « Reply #101 on: 25/09/17, 22:15 »
    I will be 11w5d on Friday. Still don't feel confident at all as last scan was 7w4d.

Disappointing about the scan. You probably just want it over with now. Hope the next week is not too bad. Its good that you already have a plan for the next step (when you feel ready of course).

I can't remember but did you look into ovarian stimulation in a natural cycle e.g. clomid so you can produce several eggs? What did Serum advise as what to do next?

Offline Syd72

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #102 on: 26/09/17, 00:09 »
    I wonder if we ever get to feel confident during pregnancy :( Hope this week doesn't drag too much.

Penny said to me that at my age there wasn't really any point in doing ivf with own eggs. Four pregnancies in the last year plus one failed round of own egg ivf where they got 10 eggs leaves me pretty sure my eggs are no good. My OH is 54 so would honestly rather move straight on to DE than keep searching for that elusive "good egg". You were right when you said earlier that my amh is very good which is, I guess, why I keep getting pregnant but I feel like I'm just wasting time I don't have.

I'd like to stay on this thread for a while ladies, want to keep track of you all before you move on to the "due date" boards. X

Offline eleb

modify
    « Reply #103 on: 26/09/17, 08:11 »
    Oh Syd, I'm sorry. Hope the next stage is not too awful, and that you can get to some semblance of normality soon.  We didn't take the decision to move to DE lightly, a lot of thought and discussion went into it, but at some point we just had to accept that I was too old for it to be worthwhile throwing money and effort at my own eggs. The process was a little odd, and I didn't really feel involved for a while - probably because it was a far shorter time that i was injecting for, but overall made very easy for us. I would recommend thinking about going abroad if you do decide that DE are the way forward, once I'd stopped thinking about bad boob jobs and actually did some research it was the sensible choice for us.

Offline BB41

modify
    « Reply #104 on: 26/09/17, 12:02 »
    Hi Syd, sorry it wasn't better news. Yes, do stay on this board and keep us updated with your future plans. I'd like to stay on this thread as I feel like we've been on the journey together so far and the other threads have more people- I found this one more manageable and we share the same anxieties etc. I hope we'll all keep going on this one.
    Dolphinx I've felt the same before every scan. I thought I would feel better after the 12 week but still nervous about the next one!
    Eleb sorry to hear your results are worrying. My friend had the same and all was well in the end - they can only give you odds. Also I know the screening is for a number of things but if you are concerned about Downs I have a lot of experience working with children and adults with Down Syndrome and can tell you that they can lead very happy and fulfilling lives and bring a lot of joy to their families. Hopefully you won't have to worry about it but do PM me if you would like any info or have any questions x
    LadyKris - how are you?

Offline VicksterM

modify
    « Reply #105 on: 26/09/17, 12:46 »
    Sorry to jump into your thread and thanks to all the lovely people who have responded already  :)

To anyone who hasnít, it would be great to get your help. I was on the Mar/Apr thread for this year and am now doing some research as part of a masters project into what makes the difference to people like you (and me!) who are having fertility treatment, as I'd like to improve the fertility experience to help people like you!

It should only take about 5-10 mins and all questions (apart from the first) are optional, so you can share as much/little as you would like plus it's all confidential. To fill in the survey, just follow the link - https://goo.gl/forms/kUDYWbu9Fa6hRcHG3

Also, if youíd like to see the research results, just add your email address to the survey.

Good luck to all on your journeys Xx

Offline ladykris

modify
    « Reply #106 on: 27/09/17, 14:39 »
    Hi guys, all happening on here huh.

Syd- I would recommend going abroad if possible for DE, where are you based again? I messed around chasing my own eggs from 35-40 in 3 countries with no gain. From 2 cycles with DE Iíve gotten pregnant 2ce out of 3 transfers. And not going into the cycles with a 4% or so chance of a best case scenario low numbers and nothing but anxiety is such a relief.

Tpeale- Iím due April 27! Only a day apart.
    Iím not sure I will really blossom in this state either. Itís a means to an end. Sounds like youíre getting a particularly rough ride. I do hope it starts getting better.

Iím hoping and wishing my nausea will calm down soon and my cravings and appetite. Itís a little out of control and Iím constantly just too full. No energy but thankfully sleeping well.
    Getting ready for first hospital appt on Saturday and the SAFE test on Monday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Syd72

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #107 on: 27/09/17, 15:03 »
    Thanks BB, it would be nice to keep this thread going.

Kris & Eleb, we're going to Serum in Athens, met with Penny in July and she's aware of my current situation. We're based in Hong Kong, you can't actually have ivf here unless you're married - you literally have to produce your marriage certificate! OH's sperm is frozen at Serum so it's just a case of me flying back for transfer when we're all ready. I'm so ready to move to donor eggs, I actually want to actively avoid trying to get pregnant naturally now, there's just no point, I appear to be pretty fertile for my age but my eggs are just no good. Which clinic did you both cycle with this time if you don't mind me asking?

Offline ladykris

modify
    « Reply #108 on: 27/09/17, 15:49 »
    I was with IB in Alicante. Iíve heard great things on Serum. I hear you. Itís such a heartache it sounds like.

Offline ladykris

modify
    « Reply #109 on: 27/09/17, 16:20 »
    Forgive me ladies. Replied to someone here just now from another thread. So. Yes. Iím tired these days :)