* Author Topic: BFP over 40 waiting for scans and tests  (Read 14385 times)

0 Members

Offline dolphinx

modify
BFP over 40 waiting for scans and tests
« Reply #110 on: 28/09/17, 00:28 »
Bad boob jobs  ;D

Glad you've got your head plan your next plan so quickly Syd. If the OH is totally on board that makes it a lot easier I'm sure.

I'm checking my email about once every 5s to see if my NIPT results are back. I feel like I have a lot of stress in my somewhere but honestly I'm so tired now I feel like I don't have the energy to worry!! Still feeling pretty nauseous too. I want to say I still don't feel pregnant but I realise how ridiculous that sounds.

Happy everyone on board to keep the thread going. Its definitely easier to relate to people closer to my own age. I don't seem to have the boundless enthusiasm of those younger folk  :)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline eleb

modify
    « Reply #111 on: 29/09/17, 09:01 »
    Syd - we used Crown in Cyprus, they were fabulous.

Got the NIPT results yesterday afternoon, after spending all day staring at my phone......all clear for the 3 main chromosome abnormalities, so finally some good news. Not going to have any invasive diagnostic tests, as the chances of this being incorrect are so low, its not worth the risk to us. We are back in next Friday for a cardiac scan, as circulation issues can cause a thickening of the NT measurement, but that doesn't seem to be as daunting as the various syndromes they constantly tell you about.

Almost thinking that there may be light at the end of the tunnel.....

Offline Syd72

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #112 on: 29/09/17, 10:20 »
    Fantastic news Eleb, congratulations.

Dolphin, hope to your results come in soon!

Thought that was the case Kris :)

I think I've got my head around it so quickly because we were aiming for a donor round in October plus I don't think I ever really expected this one to stick, still really sad but have accepted it much more easily than the first time round which was devastating. Will need to get into a more positive frame of mind for the DE round.

Hope everyone has a good weekend, Monday is a public holiday for us so looking forward to a long one x

Offline dolphinx

modify
    « Reply #113 on: 29/09/17, 12:29 »
    Great news eleb. I got my results back yesterday too and all clear. It was so nerve wracking opening the email.

Still worried for my scan today though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dolphinx

modify
    « Reply #114 on: 29/09/17, 21:28 »
    Scan went well, phew. Thanks for the well wishes. Everything measuring as it should. Only issue is the placenta is right over the cervix.

I should feel elated but I feel totally drained to be honest.

Offline ladykris

modify
    « Reply #115 on: 30/09/17, 09:56 »
    So happy to hear dolphinx. I can imagine that you must be a little worn out from waiting.
    I marched into a private ultrasound clinic yesterday morning. Positive something was wrong. MMC all googled to bits. Funny how I had completely convinced myself I wasnít having any symptoms (finishing my second breakfast and dreaming about a milkshake for dessert at lunch). I canít even. Everything was fine. Bean was waving and kicking and heartbeat was strong. It was pretty magical but I felt guilty I had gone alone and my partner hadnít been able to see as well. But he was really cool about it. 
    Today is first appt at hospital. I canít believe I was talking about the different birthing options last night with my bestie. Seems so soon, apparently I chose today. But itís crazy!
    Good luck with the scan today Dolphinx.

Offline dolphinx

modify
    « Reply #116 on: 30/09/17, 14:26 »
    Thanks ladykris and thumbs for your scan too. Can understand why you did it. We truly are crazy ladies . It's also crazy seeing them on the screen, like you can't believe that it's all happening inside your own body.

Feeling a bit better today after feeling so weird yesterday. My emotions are all over the place.

And I forgot to mention that the NIPT tests came back with nothing flagged. And I'm having a boy!

BB41 - how are you doing and when is your next scan?

Offline ladykris

modify
    « Reply #117 on: 30/09/17, 17:53 »
    Oh wow! Wonderful dolphinx. Big milestone! Iíll cheers to your boy with a ginger cordial.
    Hospital appt was fine. Lots of bla bla bla. My mum chimed in strongly this morning that I must book a cesarian because of my age. I might just get a hip replaced while Iím at it. Funny chat it was.
    Best to everyone, hope youíre having a lovely weekend

Offline eleb

modify
    « Reply #118 on: 2/10/17, 08:06 »
    Yikes, you're all so organised, I can't even begin to think about how I'm going to get this thing out of me yet!

Starting to feel the benefits of being in the second trimester. My symptoms pretty much stopped about week 10 (and were never very much anyway), but the past week I've almost had some energy in there...certainly haven't had to have afternoon naps with the dog! Hoping this continues, he's 7 months old and about to hit teenage stage, so I need my wits about me! So far, riding isn't presenting too much of a problem either, which I'm very glad about. I will just be sensible when it comes to what I do onboard. Competitions are out, which I think is sensible, and I'm only doing little jumps in the school with others present. I can't see any way that i will have a small neat bump (nothing about our lives is small or neat!) so reckon that every ride is a bonus and that I may have to stop earlier than I want to for reasons of massive girth!

Got the in laws this weekend - so endless prodding and poking and talk of babies. Honestly, if I had known that all I had to do to make her like me for the past 20 years was breed, we would have tried earlier!!

Offline BB41

modify
    « Reply #119 on: 2/10/17, 13:45 »
    Ladykris I have worried about mmc all the time. Now I'm worrying about ttts and premature labour...
    Glad to hear your results came back clear Eleb.
    Congrats Dolphinx! Strange to know already what you are having. At the moment we are thinking we won't find out. Might change my mind though! Will be having fortnightly scans from 16 weeks so no rush. When is your next scan? Do you have to wait for 20 weeks? The waiting this time feels like forever so I'm kind of glad I'll be going more regularly. I'm doing ok thanks but lots of little niggles. Felt great from 12-14 weeks but now get days of low blood pressure when feel breathless and tired. One day when all my veins were throbbing and sticking out. Drinking lots of water helps but already constantly need a wee. And lots of joint pain in shoulders, hips and elbows- I think from ligaments loosening. Been feeling quite sorry for myself but today feeling fine and worrying don't feel pregnant! Also had the flu jab and it's made my arm come up with a big, red sore patch. Anyone else had? Nurse said it would be sore for a few days but seems extreme.