* Author Topic: BFP over 40 waiting for scans and tests  (Read 14379 times)

0 Members

Offline eleb

modify
BFP over 40 waiting for scans and tests
« Reply #120 on: 3/10/17, 08:07 »
Hi BB41 - I had the flu jab a few weeks ago and no effects whatsoever. I guess everyone is different, but I'd keep an eye on it, as that sounds a little odd.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline dolphinx

modify
    « Reply #121 on: 3/10/17, 08:33 »
    Haven't had flu job and I'm in two minds although haven't really looked into the pros and cons. Any good advice on this?

My symptoms are a little bit better as well. Feel like I've got some of mojo back.

It is a bit strange knowing the sex at this stage. But I'm an information junkie and couldn't resist!! My Mum is being a nightmare though and wants to rush out and buy fire engines etc. I still have 14 weeks in my mind as the time when I can start to feel excited. Its all starting to feel a bit more real now (finally).

Offline BB41

modify
    « Reply #122 on: 3/10/17, 13:19 »
    Dolphinx- you must get flu jab! Some people feel a bit tired and slightly coldy for a few days but if you catch flu when pregnant it can be very serious due to lowered immune system. I read a very scary story of someone who was hospitalised and in an isolation ward because of catching flu when pregnant. Flu jab is totally safe. My arm has gone down now!

Offline eleb

modify
    « Reply #123 on: 3/10/17, 15:54 »
    dolphinx - whilst the NHS won't "tell" you to do anything in particular, my midwife was very very firm in hinting about needing a flu jab!! The risks of getting flu whilst pregnant are way higher than anything that may be a side effect, and indications from Australia (first county in the year to see flu) is that this winter could be bad for it.

Plus, having been unfortunate to have had flu in the past (not a really bad cold that people like to say is flu, but  real, proper, if-I-had-the-energy-I-would-commit-suicide flu) I would do anything to avoid it again...it completely floored me for 3 weeks.

Offline Syd72

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #124 on: 4/10/17, 02:11 »
    Congrats on all the good results ladies.

Offline ladykris

modify
    « Reply #125 on: 7/10/17, 22:17 »
     Hi all, I gave in and had the flu jab today after reading this. Figured since
    Iím not only pregnant Iím also on some pretty strong steroids to suppress my immune system and finally I spend 2hrs on the tube a day.

I got the SAFE test results. All clear. And weíre having a boy! Definitely more real than a fetus :)

Finally-5 more days of meds. Then Iíll be doing a ceremonial dance around my sharps bins. Glory.

I canít stop eating. Iím constantly too full especially on weekends.

Hope everyone is doing well
    Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline dolphinx

modify
    « Reply #126 on: 8/10/17, 19:01 »
    Great news ladykris! And another boy!  :)

Yep I too am eating for at least 5... to think that I started out promising myself not to gain any weight and to exercise every day, ha ha ha.

Has anyone dared to start looking at baby stuff yet??

I really must get that flu jab. You ladies have convinced me.

Offline BB41

modify
    « Reply #127 on: 9/10/17, 19:21 »
    Thanks Syd - how are you getting on?

Ladykris - good news! And another boy! Lots of boys it seems.

Dolphinx- waiting until at least 20 weeks before looking at baby stuff. Having to restrain my mother who nearly bought me a cot the other day! She has started knitting.
    I think ours are boys because I've had a few dreams.

I've got scan on Thursday. It felt like ages to wait but now feeling nervous already. Got a massive bump though so something must be happening

Offline ladykris

modify
    « Reply #128 on: 9/10/17, 22:37 »
    Thanks all!

I have started looking at some baby things. Basically because I donít have a natural interest in the baby things and we are also buying a house and my go to behaviour would be to prepare nothing. Havenít bought a book as Iím just not much of a planner. And that scares me a bit so
    Iíve been forcing myself to read through reviews and understand the different gadgets and bed types and prams etc. Otherwise I will get the cheapest one on prime delivery at last possible moment :)
    Bb41- how far now?
    x Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline eleb

modify
    « Reply #129 on: 10/10/17, 07:33 »
    ladykris - you sound exactly like me! I just CBA with the whole circus that people seem to think is required around this little one.

Reckon I'll leave the pram/stroller/travel system gubbins to him to decide on instead (its  bit like lego I reckon) and most clothes will probably be gifts. Going to go for cheap and cheerful with the cot, but that will all be after Christmas.....probably March!! I think there is a huge risk for first timers to feel that you simply have to have everything for the baby to be happy / safe / entertained so the nursery resembles a magazine spread. In reality, the baby will be asleep, vomming, pooing or merrily entertaining themselves with their own foot - I don't think they will care that I didn't have a matching special place to change them (I reckon the floor will do nicely for that). They're not a whole heap of fun for the first few months anyway, so as long as they're comfy the spending on all things cute and amusing can wait for a while.

A few of his cousins have bred recently, so I'm secretly hoping for some second hand stuff to come our way!

I reckon we all turned our OK, and we were all born in the 70s for gods sake!! Not a time when a lot of money was sent on baby stuff!