* Author Topic: BFP over 40 waiting for scans and tests  (Read 14405 times)

0 Members

Offline BB41

modify
BFP over 40 waiting for scans and tests
« Reply #130 on: 11/10/17, 10:26 »
Ladykris- I am 16.5 weeks now. My last scan was 12 weeks but after this one will be going for fortnightly scans. We are having identical twins and they are sharing a placenta so there is a risk of twin to twin transfusion syndrome or unequal growth. Bit scary but trying to stay positive.

Eleb - when I got my cat (5 years ago) I could not believe the amount of cat related stuff on sale. I bought the necessities and thought I'd never be that crazy. Within a year he had 2 cat trees and a million toys, bowls, gadgets etc. Then I got another cat and bought more stuff (not good sharers!). I'm starting the same with baby stuff but guessing my house will look like a branch of Mothercare shortly after they arrive...

Dolphinx- how are you feeling?

Syd - you ok?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline dolphinx

modify
    « Reply #131 on: 11/10/17, 18:03 »
    You guys make me laugh  ;D Maybe just sign up for an NCT class or suchlike and miss out the instruction manuals altogether? Can't argue with your comments about the 70s though. Asked my Mum about my 70s 'travel system' and wasn't too surprised to hear that it involved throwing a carrycot on the back seat of the car.

In my case I'm afraid I never shy away from an excuse to shop or decorate, or both, so having to restrain myself. Probably the only reason I've not got stuck in yet is lingering worries about jinxing myself.

Today has been one massive headache. Where did that come from?! Don't normally suffer. Now that the nausea has worn off I'm also suffering wine (and beer) withdrawal. The struggle is real.

Finally have my first NHS appointment tomorrow so will see what that brings.

Was pleased to discover this morning that I can see the 'bump' if I pull all the flabby bits out of the way. Very glamorous all of this isn't it :-)

Keep well everyone x.

Offline eleb

modify
    « Reply #132 on: 12/10/17, 07:49 »
    BB41 - I'm largely the same with my pets. They both have everything that they need...but I draw the line at buying stuff that appeals to me more than them! The horse only gets new rugs when the old ones are in pieces, but his tack is replaced as soon as there is a need. People always joke about nothing matching on him or me.  The dog is far more entertained by empty cottage cheese pots and tupperware than he is by brightly coloured dog toys - My very hairy boys are both low maintenance!! Hubby, on the other hand, is constantly checking out his reflection in shiny surfaces and has never gone anywhere without getting changed twice first, so it will be interesting to see which side of our family the baby takes after!

Offline BB41

modify
    « Reply #133 on: 12/10/17, 16:32 »
    16 weeks scan today and all ok! Referred to physio to help with all the aches and pains too.
    lol Dolphinx I've started fancying a red wine too. I haven't had a drink since last November cos I gave up for ivf. God knows when I'll be able to drink again what with bf etc.

Offline ladykris

modify
    « Reply #134 on: 18/10/17, 07:54 »
    Bb41 thatís amazing news. Iíve got my 13 week nhs scan on Friday. Iím so nervous. Just need to get through two more days.
    Iím realising Iím not a good dog mum! He has two teddies.  One that I replace every time he destroys him. Iíll get more toys ASAP :)
    Side note ladies. I believe some of us are based in or around London? Just wondering if it would be fun to be meet up at some point? Have a geriatric laugh together?
    Xx Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Syd72

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #135 on: 18/10/17, 10:04 »
    Thanks BB, I'm good.  Serum want me back out for an aquascan after my mc, I happen to be in the UK at the moment so going out next week.

Enjoying reading all your updates.  I have two dogs that are completely spoilt, even more so now that I'm temporarily living in Hong Kong and they're still here, they get guilt presents each time I come back.

Good luck with upcoming scans.

x

Offline BB41

modify
    « Reply #136 on: 21/10/17, 09:53 »
    Dolphinx- how did your NHS appointment go?

Ladykris- how was the scan yesterday? I am london based too.

Offline ladykris

modify
    « Reply #137 on: 21/10/17, 13:18 »
    Hi all. My scan was great. No issues. Iím so very thankful that all is well. Heís measuring a couple of days ahead. Iím 5-11í but itís DE- I think my giant genes might be kicking up some fuss regardless :) made me chuckle.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kayobee

modify
    « Reply #138 on: 23/10/17, 10:15 »
    Hi Ladies
    would love to join you please.
    Am 7 weeks today, was meant to have a scan this week but OH's work got in the way so first scan is now next week.
    The wait is KILLING me !
    I have been spotting on and off but from research that doesn't seem to be too unusual.
    Feeling so nauseous all the time especially in the evenings so am consuming vast quantities of ginger tea.
    Hope you are all doing well
    K
    XXXX

Offline dolphinx

modify
    « Reply #139 on: 24/10/17, 07:49 »
    Hi all, sorry for lack of update, good to see you're all doing well. Just come back from a week-long business trip and EXHAUSTED! I was nervous about going to be honest as long flight etc. so I'm relieved its over with.

Congrats on the scan ladykris I bet that was a relief. You can relax a while before starting to worry about next one  ;D

I am north of London and yes would love to meet up with the oldies!

NHS appointment was fine actually. They offered me another scan for dating which is today so 15 weeks and one day. Still worried about it!! Feel like I don't really look pregnant yet but need to bear in mind its harder to tell in the perpetually chubby  :)

They didn't bat an eyelid about me age which was really nice. One nurse even said average age of ladies they see is 37 which seems remarkable. They weren't even that fussed about consultant-led care and it was only my 'on the edge' BMI pushed me into a higher risk category (oops).

Welcome kayobee and congrats! Waiting for first scan is really nerve wracking.