* Author Topic: BFP over 40 waiting for scans and tests  (Read 14387 times)

0 Members

Offline ladykris

modify
BFP over 40 waiting for scans and tests
« Reply #140 on: 26/10/17, 09:52 »
Hahah. Iím glad they didnít put you in a care home! Iíve been surprised actually how little my age is brought up.
It definitely was a relief that the scan was all good. I feel very thankful for that.
Itís becoming quite real now as my belly is quite big for so early. And it has a lot of extra cake on top of it.
My only thing these weeks is that I get insane headaches and Iím really really stressed out. Probably because work is awfully busy and I donít have enough energy to stay focused for
Long days, hence I never catch my tail. They know Iím pregnant - but itís the old- the work still needs to get done. Blah.
Iím south of the river (shock horror).
Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Mrs Rock

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #141 on: 28/10/17, 11:11 »
    Hi ladies just introducing myself as your moderator although obviously I've been following for a while.  Very glad to see the positive news from all your scans on this thread!  Just on the subject of age, to reassure anyone who may be concerned about the attitude of the medical professionals, my experience has been that they are good at assessing you as an individual and not just the number of years old you happen to be!  I was one month short of 42 when I had my second baby and was offered the midwife led birthing unit at my hospital on the day I went into labour.  Officially their guidelines were that it is for women under 40, with over 40s on the labour ward in case of complications, but they took into account that I'd had a quick uncomplicated labour with the first one and was generally fit and well and the consultant midwife was happy to let me use it.  This was perfect for me and it was led by them so I couldn't have wished for a more open-minded attitude. 

Looking forward to hearing more about how you all get on xx

Offline eleb

modify
    « Reply #142 on: 30/10/17, 07:38 »
    Everyone and their dogs seem to comment on my age whenever I go to the hospital! I like to think its because I don't look 41...!

We're 18+5 today (or 19+5 if you're the hospitals computer, which wouldn't listen when we said we were IVF), with our 20 week scan on Friday. We're already bracing ourselves for the inevitable doom and gloom approach to trying to find something wrong, which seems to be all they have done since we first went in - mostly age related (which is completely irrelevant as we are DE). Bump has put in an appearance this week,leaving me mostly without suitable clothing. Ebay is my new best friend, and I'm loving the cheap maternity top bundles that you can grab. I did buy 1 pair of full price jeans, and may get another as they are really comfy and don't fall down all the time like the topshop ebay specials.

Offline ladykris

modify
    « Reply #143 on: 30/10/17, 07:57 »
    Eleb- Iím sooo with you on the eBay. My prized purchase was a mamalicious pair of skinny jeans. They fit like a dream whereas the ASOS pair are unused in my closet. I have never spent so much time on eBay.
    Iím only 14 weeks roughly but my belly is firmly here and since Iím very tall the top split from the bottom very early.
    So far my consultant just mentioned that I would be induced at around due date vs letting me go past. That is age related and is to avoid risks of multiple issues.
    Iím btw binging on Call the midwife on Netflix. Never saw it at the time. Learning about lots of things through it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BB41

modify
    « Reply #144 on: 31/10/17, 08:52 »
    Welcome Kayobee, hope youíre doing ok. Are you waiting for the 12 week scan now? Are you own egg or donor?
    Dolphinx glad to hear all ok with you.
    Hope everyone else doing ok.
    I had my 18 week scan last week and all ok. Next is the big 20 week which takes an hour for twins apparently! And I have a physio appointment 4 hours before so will be hanging about all day. My bump feels enormous and Iím wondering how people get dressed in the later stages. Already finding socks tricky. Shaving legs is difficult and bikini line impossible!
    Anyone feeling movements yet? Iíve had squirming for a couple of weeks now - very strange

Offline rosie71

modify
    « Reply #145 on: 19/12/17, 17:31 »
    Hi is it ok if I join here? I've just turned 46, though I don't think of myself as that age. I've got my first scan tommorow, which couldn't come sooner, as I had some bleeding yesterday, though so far, since about 5ish yesterday I've not had any red blood it's gone back to brown again. I'm also still feeling sick a lot.

Offline iklefeet

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #146 on: 8/04/18, 09:51 »
    Hi Ladies,

Can I join you on this wonderful/ terrifying journey.

I'm just 11dp5dt,  and seeing 2-3 weeks pop up on the cb test was a total shock. I so desperately want this to stick.  I'm 44 now and I'm a little worried about people judging me, I looks like you've all been treated really well though by your hospitals.
    I don't feel 44, well apart from right now i feel 100 as I'm shattered but generally I'm quite fit, I'm a bit scared I'll cope but really wanted to have a family and just happened to meet my soul mate late in life.

Betas Monday and scan 26th April and I've decided not to do any more tests in between and just stay positive.

I hope everyone else is well and wishing you all good news and beautiful bouncing healthy babies at the end.

Ikle x

Offline Fayebeline

modify
    « Reply #147 on: 13/04/18, 13:44 »
    Hi all

Very nervously saying hello, I got my BFP on Wednesday after having 2 defrosted blasts transferred at the end of March.  Got to wait until the 1st for my scan, after 2 early losses on my first 2 cycles, I'm feeling very nervous yet excited.

Fx

Offline iklefeet

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #148 on: 15/04/18, 12:52 »
     Hi Fayebeline,

Welcome, such great news about your bfp, congrats. The 1st must seem such a long time away especially given your history.  Are you having your beta hcg numbers tested? I hope everything works out for you,  are you having symptoms, feel pregnant at all? I'll keep my fingers crossed for you hon.

I know a little of how you feel,  obviously we all react differently given our history but I've also suffered a number of losses and I'm waiting for my first scan on the 23rd, it feels like a lifetime away. 

My OH and I have been trying in what seems like forever and we've watch so many of our family members have baby after baby while we've continued to lose ours but I think outs a numbers game and you just have to focus on the goal and keep going.

Ikle xxx

Offline Fayebeline

modify
    « Reply #149 on: 22/04/18, 21:43 »
    Hi Ikle

Thanks for message. Iím doing ok, havenít had beta tested at all as clinic doesnít do them. May have a slight POAS obsession though. Symptoms are coming and going, sore boobs, tiredness, slight nausea, etc but feeling bloated constantly. Got scan on 1st when Iíll be 7w+3d, am sooooooo nervous about it as never made it this far on other cycles.  Good luck for tomorrow for you scan, will be thinking of you.

Fxx