* Author Topic: BFP over 40 waiting for scans and tests  (Read 14429 times)

0 Members

Offline iklefeet

• Gold Member
modify
BFP over 40 waiting for scans and tests
« Reply #150 on: 23/04/18, 10:00 »
Thanks Fayebeline,

My symptoms come and go too, I think that's natural this early.  I actually feel really good apart from the odd bit of nausea,  tiredness and a mild headache.

So our scan went well baby is measuring on track, there was  little bean heart beating away snuggling in nicely now the side of an orange pip lol.  Next scan in two weeks.

Good luck for your scan next week hon

Ikle xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Fayebeline

modify
    « Reply #151 on: 23/04/18, 17:44 »
    Excellent news on the scan, Iím so pleased for you and you must feel relieved.

Fx

Offline Fayebeline

modify
    « Reply #152 on: 2/05/18, 16:34 »
    Not good news from my scan yesterday, unfortunately there was just an empty sac and no baby. Feeling absolutely devastated at the mo, OH has taken it really badly. Xx

Offline pauli

modify
    « Reply #153 on: 2/05/18, 18:37 »
    Hi Fayebeline
    Sorry to hear your update. Sending many hugs. I understand how sad you are felling at the moment as I was in the same situation 2 weeks ago when I found out. I suspected something was not right as I did betas and they were too low even though they were doubling. It was our 3rd transfer out of 5 IVF cycles, and our first BFP. I tried to see some positives - my first ever implantation so my body is able to get pregnant! 

We had a holiday booked, it helped to go away and enjoy much needed sunshine. Also planing the next treatment seems to provide distraction. Hope you will be able to move on soon enough and do not give up on your dream baby yet, sending lots of love xxx

Offline iklefeet

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #154 on: 3/05/18, 05:16 »
    Hi Fayebeline,

I'm so sorry honey,  that must be so devastating for you both.  I hope you are getting well cared for by the hospital and hubby. Life can be so bloody cruel. It's such a gamble with ifv, you know you can get pregnant now it's  just about getting the right embryo, do you have any more left?

Like Pauli said take time out to heal, maybe a break away.  I've always found planning my next move helped too. Sending you big hugs.

Ikle xxx

Offline MummyBarcelona

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #155 on: 14/05/18, 10:14 »
    Hello ladies,

May I join you? I need a little help... I am 44 and 5w1d - this is our very last transfer (3 embies) - I got very faint positives so I asked Dr to do a beta at 11dp5dt - they donīt usually do them as routine at my clinic -and it came back at 57... I did another today and waiting for results. I had an empty sac in January so I am not very hopeful, the embies are all from the same IVF cycle... Iīve never done a beta before - what would be a bad or good number? I have some pregnancy symptoms like tiredness, sore boobs and some nausea but very mild compared to the January ones - maybe only 1 implanted this time? With both my DD and in January 2 implanted but only 1 continued growing.. I guess I wonīt know for sure whatīs going on until I do my scan at 6 weeks!!!!! the wait is driving me insane  ^idiot^ ^idiot^ ^idiot^

I might post this also in the Early Pregnancy & Waiting for Scans page :)

x

Offline 3babies

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #156 on: 14/08/18, 03:38 »
    It doesn't seem like many post on this thread so i'll keep it short & sweet. It was my birthday at the wkend & its been an anxious few wks worrying sbout rising betas, then you have the added stress of waiting for the 1st scan. So i should be 6wks pregnant  ^reiki^  so i'm nervous about the scan!
    I really wasn't like this with my son 7yrs ago (also icsi) it must be my new found age  ^idiot^
     ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Offline MandyPandy

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #157 on: 17/12/18, 21:16 »
    I know this topic hasnít been posted in/on for ages, but I am hoping there might be more of us out there? Iím 44 and had a bfp with Ďspontaneousí conception. Iím only 5+5, so am still waiting for the viability scan. I keep convincing myself everything will be fine, then convincing myself things have stopped progressing - at my age the risk of m/c is 50%. One in two. I have to keep telling myself that it means there is also 50% chance of it all being fine, but itís tough! I have a scan booked in for next week - Christmas Eve - when I will be 6+5. With both my DD and DS, we were able to see the HB at 5+4, but this time Iím hoping to do fewer scans and relax a bit more (HAH!). My HCG levels have been great, and Iíve had no spotting, etc., so Iím hoping against hope that all is well, but itís still hard to not be anxious while waiting for the scan!