* Author Topic: BFP over 40 waiting for scans and tests  (Read 14386 times)

0 Members

Offline dolphinx

modify
BFP over 40 waiting for scans and tests
« Reply #30 on: 25/08/17, 20:54 »
I'm still hanging on in here. Thanks for checking in BB41 :) Doctor's appointment was fine they didn't do anything really. She said 'oh you're 6 weeks great, we can scan you now' and then proceeded to book me in for a 7w5d scan  :( So that will be a week today. I'm basically trying to keep my mind busy and letting the time pass but easier said than done.

How are you getting on? Will you have extra scans because of identicals? Your head must be all over the place!

Don't want to sound stalker-ish but I read one of your previous posts about your experiences with clinics and sounds like we have had similar experiences. I did my first two cycles at LWC (and also this FET). Also spoke with Create (for natural cycle) and Lister. At one point I was given three different diagnoses and protocols by three different clinics. I really ought to write it up properly and share this info as people would no doubt find it useful.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline BB41

modify
    « Reply #31 on: 26/08/17, 11:45 »
    Dolphinx - glad to hear you ok. I know it's so hard to wait but then I never want to go! I don't even have a date for next scan. I hadn't even told my GP before and now they are on holiday. I self referred to hospital but it said to allow 7-10 working days for a reply so I'll be almost 12 weeks by then. Feels very weird not even having a date to look forward to/dread. Apparently I'll get fortnightly scans after 16 weeks. Bit scared of all the new potential for things to go wrong. Also have always been terrified of idea of casearian section. See lots of ladies on here saying they are scared of giving birth but I think c-section much worse! Still not complaining, very grateful to be pregnant at all and 2 seems really miraculous. I still can't really believe it, it's like being in a film or something.
    Yes, your journey sounds similar to mine. I really never expected to get pregnant. Have researched adoption etc. I'll be 43 by due date. I still feel really anxious about everything and can't just enjoy being pregnant. I thought I'd feel ok if got through last scan but still can't relax. Now I'm telling myself I'll relax if next scan ok but I think the twin thing means I'll never really feel safe. Haven't told anyone and terrified of jinxing it by talking about it too much. My partner wanted me to get a badge for the tube but I won't wear it! Also need bigger bras but not going to buy before next scan. How are you feeling?

Offline Tootles

modify
    « Reply #32 on: 27/08/17, 12:27 »
    Hi ladies
    I just wanted to ask, how are your symptoms?  Are they consistent or do they come and go?  I feel like some of mine have stopped and I'm starting to worry. My boobs don't feel at all sore anymore. I've got the same mild cramps I've had all the way through though, and no spotting. I'm also worried that my tummy isn't looking any larger and the tiredness isn't there. It has been so extreme before.
    Scan on Tuesday. It can't come soon enough.
    X

Offline BB41

modify
    « Reply #33 on: 27/08/17, 14:51 »
    Hi Tootles, my sore boobs have definitely come and gone so I wouldn't worry about that. My nausea is worse now but I had a few days feeling better last week. Don't panic, I'm sure you're fine. Maybe you are just feeling a bit worried after reading some of the sad news on other threads? I know it sent me in a bit of a panic earlier. I think the lady whose symptoms disappeared overnight is unusual. Most people carry on having symptoms and they are not that reliable an indicator either way. I think you are around the same due date as me? Lots of people say they feel better at 10 weeks x

Offline Tootles

modify
    « Reply #34 on: 27/08/17, 15:00 »
    Thanks BB41. I logged on earlier to ask the question on that thread but then saw the news and thought it insensitive,  hence asking here instead. Hoping everything is as it should be but I am quite worried. I read elsewhere that us over 40's apparently have fewer hormones which can mean that symptoms may come and go more frequently.

Offline dolphinx

modify
    « Reply #35 on: 27/08/17, 16:47 »
    Just read the very sad story from the other thread. My heart goes out to them. My symptoms are definitely sporadic and I've had a fair few panics. My boobs are really sore now and this is my main symptom. They are also massive! But to be honest they get sore when I start taking progesterone. I don't feel particularly tired, I can get through the day OK, and this has worried me. I have nausea only sometimes and the rest of the time I just feel a bit 'off'. Like a hangover  :) when you want to laze around and eat nothing but chips. I could easily convince myself its all in my head.

I've not had any scan yet or any blood test so there is nothing to reassure me.

It is great to share on here but on the other hand it also adds to your worries. There are a so many sad endings. You have to remind myself of the statistics because it honestly feels like you have a 1 in 2 chance of something going wrong when clearly the odds are better than that.

Tootles - you might just be at the stage when the symptoms start getting better? Hope the scan goes well for you. And remember you have a better chance of everything being OK than not.

Offline eleb

modify
    « Reply #36 on: 29/08/17, 07:37 »
    regarding symptoms - I haven't really got any to speak of. Nausea has gone (and was never awful anyway - mild irritation at best), boobs are not sore and in general (apart from the deadly progesterone caused bloat) I wouldn't know I'm pregnant. Following other threads, I got a bit worried that I have zero idea about miscarriages and symptoms, so started to google. Really wanted to know whether it was possible to MC, but not have any symptoms of that due to the drugs. I'm still none the wiser!

Ill be 10 weeks tomorrow, and due to see midwife for booking in on Friday. I guess thats when things begin to move, as I will be in The System properly. Trying to research my hospital options too, as they seem to want everything to be decided yesterday, but finding it all so confusing.

We had a BBQ last night, and Hubby brought a huge selection of alcohol free beers, ciders and wines for me to try to see what I liked. Bless him! Cant recommend any of those I tried though - all pretty bleurgh!

Offline Tootles

modify
    « Reply #37 on: 29/08/17, 11:21 »
    Hi
    Sadly my fears were right. Baby has no heart beat. I'm devastated. Heading home for a good cry and some healing.
    Hope all goes well for you all
    X

Offline eleb

modify
    « Reply #38 on: 29/08/17, 11:39 »
    so sorry Tootles

Offline BB41

modify
    « Reply #39 on: 29/08/17, 11:48 »
    Oh god, Tootles. I'm so, so sorry. Terrible news, I really feel for you. X