* Author Topic: BFP over 40 waiting for scans and tests  (Read 14406 times)

0 Members

Offline dolphinx

modify
BFP over 40 waiting for scans and tests
« Reply #50 on: 5/09/17, 12:41 »
Welcome to the craziness Syd  :) I was exactly the same (and still am). Felt better after the scan, massive relief mostly, and told myself I would have a relaxing weekend and stop stressing out, which worked mostly. But woke up this am and felt like boobs not as sure, don't feel as hungry etc. etc. and started worring and googling again.

Syd are you getting more bloods done this week? Are you going to go completely natural or take progestone? Its really positive that you can fall pregnant naturally. Fingers crossed this one works out.

I think bottom line is that everone on here will feel worried until 12+ weeks (and probably beyond!) so you just have to find constructive ways to manage the insanity.

How is everyone else doing? Sorry not been posting much as tried to stay off google this weekend  :)

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Syd72

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #51 on: 5/09/17, 15:36 »
    Thanks Dolphin. I'm having more bloods tomorrow so fingers crossed. My progesterone was tested last Friday and was high so Penny at Serum said no need to start supplements.

Offline ladykris

modify
    « Reply #52 on: 5/09/17, 16:03 »
    Hi ladies. Iíve also been trying to manage my anxiety and enjoy my holiday. I postponed my scan until after my holiday (so 1 week later at 7.5 wks). To compensate I had a blood test to calm nerves. 4750-32200 rose in 6 days. My body is also exploding. Been trying to figure out if this is all the hormones or if I should just call it a day an order a mumu?
    Next Tuesday canít come soon enough as nice as all this holiday stuff is.
    xx Kris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Syd72

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #53 on: 6/09/17, 06:59 »
    Those are amazing blood results ladykris.  Hope you're managing to enjoy the holiday.

My third beta was 441 so that's a doubling time of around 42 hours.  Still lower than I would like, if I look on the beta base site my levels are about half the average for my dpo.  Doctors have just said next step is a scan which I'll try and book for a week Monday, should be 6+2 then.  My first mc I started bleeding at 5 1/2 weeks so really want to get pas that :)

Dolphin, how are the symptoms?

Offline dolphinx

modify
    « Reply #54 on: 6/09/17, 12:09 »
    Great doubling time Syd! Hope you make it to the scan. I have found it easier to not think further ahead of the next milestone. Re. progesterone its good that you had your numbers tested. My clinic just give the pessaries to everyone regardless. I have wondered if I actually need them since I have never tested low in routine tests. And I'm not a fan of taking stuff for the sake of it (I absolutely insisted on doing this FET in a natural cycle against the clinic's advice).

Ladykris I had my first scan around the same time and although the wait was LONG I was glad I held out in the end as the scan was clear and could easily see heartbeat. And that was from an abdominal scan which really surprised me.

My symptoms really scare me. They have pretty mild with only a few days where the nausea has been really noticeable. Sometimes just feel really hungry and sometimes just feel really normal! I have had sore boobs pretty consistently but sometimes not in the morning (cue panic) and haven't felt massively tired although yawning a lot this week.

You spend two weeks talking yourself into symptoms and (hopefully) the next 12 weeks talking yourself out of them  :)

Offline ladykris

modify
    « Reply #55 on: 7/09/17, 12:34 »
    Dolphinx I hear you. The wait is sooo long. It didnít want any room for ambiguity especially in French. But my symptoms went mild all of a sudden (boobs not super sore) this am and some very mild spotting. Panic. All alarms. I am frozen in my Airbnb. Symptoms were so strong last night.

Offline Syd72

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #56 on: 7/09/17, 14:32 »
    Ladykris, try not to panic.  Easier said than done, I know, I panic at everything.  I've seen it said SO many times that symptoms come and go at this stage so please don't read anything in to symptoms going mild today.  Spotting is also really common, even more so with IVF.

Can't of course take my own advice, despite the GP saying no need for more bloods, just wait for the scan, I've booked another test for tomorrow.  I just really want to see a decent number, to get me through the 10 days to the scan...

Dolphin, I'm not getting tired yet either.  No nausea but it's too early for that, hoping to be one of the lucky ones and avoid it as I have a complete phobia about throwing up!  So true about talking yourself into and then out of symptoms :)  I had my IUI in April unmedicated for much the same reasons as you.

Offline dolphinx

modify
    « Reply #57 on: 7/09/17, 15:21 »
    Ladykris I sympathise but give yourself a couple of days and see what happens. Spotting is so common and symptoms really do come and go.

My boobs are often much less sore in the mornings. Almost normal sometimes.

Offline ladykris

modify
    « Reply #58 on: 7/09/17, 15:52 »
    Thanks girls. I know this I know this I know this. Helps hearing from you. So bonkers to be stood somewhere constantly pinching your own boobs. Crazy town.

The spotting hasn't gotten worse. Took myself out for a walk with the dog. Shame to waste a day in this French holiday paradise on googling symptoms. I'll feel better after the scan. This is the furthest I have gotten now bar an ectopic. So lots to feel positive about.

My nausea has definitely come and gone over the last week. Some days I need to eat every 20 mins or so.

Offline ladykris

modify
    « Reply #59 on: 7/09/17, 15:53 »
    Syd72- I would def book a blood test. They really give you peace of mind. Same day results?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk