* Author Topic: BFP over 40 waiting for scans and tests  (Read 14380 times)

0 Members

Offline Syd72

• Gold Member
modify
BFP over 40 waiting for scans and tests
« Reply #70 on: 12/09/17, 06:10 »
Hi dolphin.  Yep, one week, scan is next Monday.  Boobs less sore again today but I felt quite light headed this morning, I do most mornings and now have to eat before I leave the house which I never used to do.

Well you definitely have the symptoms!  I completely understand about being convinced you're not pregnant.  I swing from being wildly excited and looking at maternity clothes etc online to thinking I must be crazy, how can this possibly work out?!?

Hope the nausea isn't too bad.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline ladykris

modify
    « Reply #71 on: 12/09/17, 15:54 »
    Hi everyone. I can agree, the symptoms just come and go and I am doing my best to control my emotions and try to enjoy this Ďstill a secretí. Iím finding so much joy watching how happy my partner is with the news in his quiet introverted way.
    Alas - scan was this morning at the Lister. Iíve had the same lady scan me since 2014 I think and she even wept a little herself and we hugged it out in the end. Everything was a perfect according to her and she told me I should not have any reasons to think something negative. Nice strong fluttery heartbeat.
    My boobs are gigantic in my books (a basic C!!) I go from looking at maternity jeans to a fresh pair of normal high rise skinny ones. I think I just like to shop when Iím trying to make the time pass.
    Howís everyone else doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BB41

modify
    « Reply #72 on: 12/09/17, 20:07 »
    Hi everyone and welcome Syd. Sorry have not updated for awhile. Was getting very anxious on build up to 12 week scan and stayed off the forum for a bit. Just had the scan today and all was ok and both twins still there (sonographer looked at me like I was crazy when asked). Got a lot of scary information about the risks with MCDA twins - trying not to panic about all that.
    Hope everyone else ok? X

Offline ladykris

modify
    « Reply #73 on: 12/09/17, 21:33 »
    Congrats on the 12 week scan! Big milestone. Huge! I want to go under a rock until mine. Iíve marked it in my calendar.
    X

Offline Syd72

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #74 on: 13/09/17, 05:20 »
    Thanks BB41 and congratulations on the scan, great news!

Ladykris, I nearly had a heart attack when I saw your update and it started "alas - scan was this morning"!!  So glad it went well.  Remind me how far along you are?  When is the 12 week scan?

I'm debating going for bloods again tomorrow.  Part of me thinks I need the reassurance to get through the next few days to the scan and part of me thinks I'm acting like a crazy lady.  The doctors will happily do it, healthcare out here is private so they're happy, they get paid.  I just can't decide if I should.

Offline eleb

modify
    « Reply #75 on: 13/09/17, 07:45 »
    Ladykris - Like Syd72, I also had the panic when I read "alas" - PHEW!!

I'm 12 weeks today, with scan on Friday. Still slightly concerned that I have had a MMC - no reason for this at all, but I read about them, so there you go! Ridiculous! I'm really hoping this goes away cos I don't really like pregnant me - she's worried about everything and a miserable old cow!!

syd - what will the bloods give you, other than knowing you're OK today? Would it make bad news (which you won't get) at scan that much worse? You've only got a few days to wait....

Having said that, if we had the money (which we don't after 4 rounds of self funding!!) I might be getting bloods done every week!!

Have a lovely, stress and concern free day ladies - us geriatrics need to take it easy!!

Offline Syd72

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #76 on: 13/09/17, 10:35 »
    Eleb, you're absolutely right, I shouldn't have done.  But I did...  Everything's covered by my medical insurance so I figured what the hell for a bit of extra reassurance.  Which has now backfired...  Bloods are only at 2485, quite a bit lower than they should be and the doubling time has slowed right down.  Looking at the beta base site my levels are less than half of the average at this stage. They said they could do another blood draw on Friday but it's just not worth it, scan is Monday anyway.  I'm fairly positive this is going to be another blighted ovum so just need to get my head around it before the scan.  Sorry for the negative post ladies.

Offline ladykris

modify
    « Reply #77 on: 13/09/17, 21:12 »
    Oh Syd, Iím sorry to hear that. I really really hope thereís a Hail Mary and the scan will be positive news. So difficult to wait isnít it.
    Apologies everyone for the use of the word Alas- Iíve looked it up now, Iím foreign and Iíve been using the word wrong my entire life.
    Syd- sending you my best thoughts. Iím wishing and hoping for you.
    I would get the blood on Friday if you think it might make your weekend easier.
    xx Kris

Offline dolphinx

modify
    « Reply #78 on: 13/09/17, 23:58 »
    BB41 - I was waiting to hear from you and I'm so glad that when I did it was good news! Hope you can start feeling more relaxed. I understand your worries though with the extra risks. I would recommend staying away from google and just listening to your doctor's advice. I'm sure they will monitor you carefully. Actually thinking about it I know two sets of identical twins around my age, so pre-ultrasound era, and they had no problems.

Ladykris - amazing news for you too! Really happy for you. I had a consultation at the Lister and I really liked it there compared to the other clinics I have experienced. I didn't in the end as they wouldn't accept my sperm donor (long story).

Syd - totally understand why you went for the test. I POAS every other day for 2 weeks as just couldn't help myself. I hope you're not feeling too down about it. The scan will be the best judgement of how everything is going.

Offline eleb

modify
    « Reply #79 on: 14/09/17, 08:04 »
    Syd - The scan on Monday will tell you what you need to know, I'm a bit meh about focusing on the numbers as I think it is all too easy to get sucked into cycles of comparisons and worrying when a "lower than average" number may be absolutely what your body says it should be. Everyone is different, and until you KNOW otherwise you have to have a bit of faith in whatever you decide to put faith in (so says the least religiously minder person on the face of the planet) and that your body knows what its doing. Maybe this is my Chartered Accountant history speaking, but I hate numbers anyway, so am quite pleased that i haven't had any this time round!! I think that having them funded would lead me to doing it weekly too, so again its a case of do what I say, not what I do!!

Ladykris - made me chuckle to think you may have spent many years unnecessarily worrying people!! Love it!

Hubster and I went out last night. I type that as it is quite a rarity, and certainly our first night out since having the dog. Nice that it coincided with the 12 week mark. Turns out that we are at opposite ends of the worry spectrum. I'm still slightly expecting a MMC, whilst he's worried that there is a twin that wasn't spotted at 7 weeks. If it wasn't so important, this is the sort of thing we would put a fiver on and the winner would spend the next 2 months gloating about (how we're still married is a mystery!).

His mother is chomping at the bit to tell people. We have had to be very strict with her and insist that she does nothing until we tell her its fine, but knowing her I reckon she has already told everyone to keep it quiet. They live a couple of hours away from us, so impact is minimal, but still very different from my parents who don't even ask us about it ( I think after so long of failed cycles they are now of the opinion we will tell them when there's something to tell!). They have, however, booked a holiday for October because they "didn't know if they would get away next year" - so I'm hopeful that means our babysitters are sorted out already!

Wishing everyone a calm, panic free Thursday. Keep your fingers crossed for our scan tomorrow, I'll check in afterwards.

Exx