* Author Topic: BFP over 40 waiting for scans and tests  (Read 14383 times)

0 Members

Offline Syd72

• Gold Member
modify
BFP over 40 waiting for scans and tests
« Reply #80 on: 14/09/17, 15:18 »
Thanks ladies.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline VicksterM

modify
    « Reply #81 on: 15/09/17, 10:30 »
    Hi all - I'd like to ask you for your help.

I was on the Mar/Apr thread for this year (my DD is now 6 months' old!) and am now doing some research into what makes the difference to people having fertility treatment as part of a masters project, as I'd like to find ways to improve the fertility experience.

If you'd be happy to help with this, it should take about 10 mins and all questions (apart from the first) are optional, so you can share as much/little as you would like and it's all confidential. To fill in the survey, please follow the link - https://goo.gl/forms/kUDYWbu9Fa6hRcHG3

I'm very happy to share the results with you if you're interested - if you would like that, just add your email address.

I'd like to wish you all the very best of luck with your babies - I had mine just as I turned 40 :) Xx

Offline eleb

modify
    « Reply #82 on: 15/09/17, 15:17 »
    Hello all

Mixed bag from this morning's scan really. The good news is that there is definitely a baby tucked away in there, merrily doing somersaults and looking variously like a skull and crossbones and the creature from Alien. We had the expected discussion about dating, with the sonographer insisting that it was a week older than it scientifically can be. As expected, there appeared to be limited understanding that IVF means you pretty much know to the hour when conception happened -worrying in a health professional, but there you go.

Unfortunately, the nuchal measurement was high at 4.0....meaning that yet again we are on another roller coaster.

We're just a bit numb. I stayed and had bloods taken and will get the results in 7-10 days, but at present it could mean a) downs, b) cardiac problems, c) infection or d) nothing at all wrong. Just feel like everything is against us having a happy and healthy baby.

In addition to this, i was there for 4 hours in total. Bloody hell!

Offline dolphinx

modify
    « Reply #83 on: 15/09/17, 16:42 »
    Eleb - sorry to hear you didn't get a straight answer. Must be very worrying. Was this an NHS screen? Did they take bloods for the genetic test?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline BB41

modify
    « Reply #84 on: 15/09/17, 22:31 »
    Thanks Dolphinx - hope all good with you? Are you waiting for the 12 week scan now?

Syd - so sorry, must be very worrying. Hope Monday brings good news. I know doubling is supposed to slow at a certain point?

Eleb, sorry to hear about your results. I do think that test (especially without the blood test) is very unreliable. My friend had a similar experience and went through amniocentesis and it was all fine (daughter born with no problems). There is a more accurate test you can get done privately - TeamMonkey on the March/April thread seems to know a lot about.

Why have we been moved to this board?!

Offline dolphinx

modify
    « Reply #85 on: 16/09/17, 00:10 »
    Suspected we'd be moved at some point  ;) I think the other board is strictly for the pregnancy clubs. It's a shame though as I doubt new people would find us here.

Yes waiting for the 10-week NIPT test and 12-week scan now. Well its actually an 11w4d scan. Booked for Sep 29th. Both very scary.

Eleb - by NIPT I mean the genetic blood test. So I was wondering if this is what you are having as likely to give you a more definitive answer? I was just reading a story today from someone who had the same measurement as you and the NIPT test was clear.

Offline Syd72

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #86 on: 16/09/17, 01:24 »
    Eleb I'm so sorry you had worrrying news and now have a long wait, not helpful that the blood results take so long.

It's a shame we've been moved, I agree that new people may not find us here. We're all pregnant, just a different age group to the other "waiting for scans" group so a shame we've been shifted away from the pregnancy board because we're over 40 :(

Offline BB41

modify
    « Reply #87 on: 16/09/17, 12:14 »
    I feel irrationally quite upset by it! Can we appeal?!

Offline Syd72

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #88 on: 16/09/17, 12:39 »
    Me too. I'm hoping one of the moderators will let us know why we can't stay on the pregnancy club board but the general "waiting for scans" can.

Offline Syd72

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #89 on: 18/09/17, 06:34 »
    Had my scan this morning, I put myself at 6w2d but because I have a 30 day cycle they say it's more like 5w6d.  Saw a gestational sac and beginnings of a yolk sac but nothing else, no fetal pole.  She's told me to come back in a week and we'll know more then, not feeling hugely hopeful.