* Author Topic: BFP over 40 waiting for scans and tests  (Read 14407 times)

0 Members

Offline eleb

modify
BFP over 40 waiting for scans and tests
« Reply #90 on: 18/09/17, 07:56 »
Hi all

Head slightly back in the game today, after a pretty bad weekend. Our plan is as follows......wait for results of blood tests from NHS. Depending on that result, pay privately for a NIPT test. We're due back in 3 weeks for another scan to check for cardiac problems, so maybe there will be some other news by then.

The lack of information is staggering. Honestly, hubster and I were waaaaay ahead of the midwife we saw in terms of getting to the point....but having seen some of the people in the waiting room towards the end of the morning, I suddenly understood why they were insisting on using short words a bit more! There were a couple of 17 (isn) year olds in there discussing what was the SECOND pregnancy for both of them. I know I'm old, but I still find that shocking really. One of them even said that her first baby wasn't a year old yet (and she was well into month 8 as was there to talk about options for induction I think!!) I have no issue in people having babies at any age, but from earwigging into the conversation, I'm amazed that either of them could put their own trousers on in the morning. Thick as 2 short planks the pair of them....but obviously fertile.......

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline BB41

modify
    « Reply #91 on: 18/09/17, 12:27 »
    Hi Syd, sorry it wasn't more positive news. There's definitely still a chance though. I was really paranoid about blighted ovum and did a lot of google research before my 6week scan. Came accross some stories of fetal pole not showing until later - in one case not until 7 weeks! Not to give you false hope and I understand it's easier to prepare for the worst but things could still work out. I can't remember, was yours a natural conception? Much more chance of your dates being out if so. Hope you're feeling ok x

Offline ladykris

modify
    « Reply #92 on: 19/09/17, 08:03 »
    Syd- Iím so sorry the news wasnít more positive. I agree with BB41, and I have seen this as well. The wait must be quite torturous.
    K

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ladykris

modify
    « Reply #93 on: 19/09/17, 08:07 »
    Same to you Eleb as well. I can only imagine the uncertainty of the wait.
    How long will the blood and result take?
    I love the two 17 yo. Itís frightening. One of my best friendsí son just had a baby, making her a grandmother at 40. This was also his girlfriends Ď second pregnancy. Shocking!

Offline Syd72

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #94 on: 19/09/17, 08:17 »
    Thanks ladies. You're absolutely right, there is still a chance, I actually feel ok and very much "what will be will be" at the moment, long may it last... 

It is a natural pregnancy and I didn't opk in August but I've regularly opk'd for 18 -odd months and pretty much always ovulate around the same time, plus OH and I only saw each other for two days, cd 12 and 13, so I can't be too far out.

I still find it amazing that a couple of people I (vaguely) know around my age are grandparents.  Out of all my different circles of friends, mostly aged 40-55, many have children but none have grandchildren. Each to their own of course, although 17 is way too young in my opinion.

Offline ladykris

modify
    « Reply #95 on: 19/09/17, 11:13 »
    Way too young in mine as well. And I know some of my over fertile friends (as they say themselves) have complained that as they started very young but spread it out they have been wiping butts their entire adults lives and now the grandchildren are here and since the parents are young a lot of the work falls on the grandparents. Sounds not ideal to me and so different from how I have lived my life.
    Glad your head is in a good place Syd- that matters most now.

Offline Syd72

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #96 on: 21/09/17, 06:09 »
    Well ladies, looks like another blighted ovum for me. When to the other doctor today and the g sac is measureing smaller than it was monday. Even allowing for doctors measuring differently I'm pretty sure that's bad news... she also couldn't identify a yolk sac, she said there was a smudge of something on one side but couldn't make out what it was. Even allowing for a 30 day cycle I should be 6 1/2 weeks today. Have to go back next week but pretty sure we're done. End of the own egg route for us now.

Will keep checking in to see how you're all getting on. X

Offline BB41

modify
    « Reply #97 on: 21/09/17, 12:00 »
    Oh Syd, I'm so sorry. Hope you are coping ok. Must be awful, especially if already been through. Keep us posted and take care of yourself x

Offline ladykris

modify
    « Reply #98 on: 23/09/17, 21:32 »
    Im so very sorry to hear this Syd. Take care of yourself.
    x Kris

Offline dolphinx

modify
    « Reply #99 on: 25/09/17, 11:48 »
    Sorry not updated in a while. Keeping bit of a lower profile until next scan end of this week and NIPT results also sometime this week maybe.

Syd sorry it was not better news. Will you have another scan this week? Next step is a very personal decision but I can't help but think you still have a good egg in there! I remember your AMH was really good. But as I say it's a very personal decision.