* Author Topic: Egg banking  (Read 1306 times)

0 Members

Offline AppleTwig

modify
Egg banking
« on: 26/08/17, 16:29 »
Hi all, just wanted to give some encouragement about egg banking. Don't know outcome yet but after 4 cycles we've managed to get 5 blastocysts! I have AMH 2 and am 39yrs and DH has almost no motile sperm left.

We've been egg banking over the last 8 months, and did 4 egg collections. We had a very flexible approach with our Consultant who did a stop start approach depending on how the stimulation was going. We ended up finding that starting stims during the luteal phase was more productive for me so mostly did that. We got 1, 2, 3 and 4 eggs but only 9 freezable quality. It felt endless but at the same was good as I only had the collections and not the 2WW.
We finally thawed our eggs on Monday and 8 survived. It was touch and go whether they'd get 8 motile soerm from DHs sample but they did!
We were amazed to heard that 6 fertilised and we're still going strong on day 3. Four were top grade and two were slightly less good.
This morning turned up expecting maybe 2-3 blastocysts and found out we have 5. I can't believe it. Over the moon for now. They're not perfect quality but I had the best two put back (both 4BB) and the rest frozen. Only time will tell...

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline WatermelonBelly

modify
    Egg banking
    « Reply #1 on: 26/08/17, 18:29 »
    Good luck :) I hope it goes well for you.