* Author Topic: New Joiner-in need of advice about IVF North West UK  (Read 734 times)

0 Members

Offline Music19

• Registered-2
Hi All.

I've just been recently referred by the NHS for IVF. My husband and I have been TTC for 18 months. We've had tests done (inc. Fallopian tubes and scans) and there are no issues.

I am surprised that we have been referred as it was my understanding that you need to be trying to conceive for at least 2 years, if not 3. I am 33, 34 in April so I don't know if that would have anything to do with it?

Also, my GP asked me to look for the place I'd like to be referred to. Has anyone got any recommendations for the North West of England, the Cheshire, Manchester, Liverpool Area? I've looked at Hewitt's Fertility Clinic and Manchester Fertility so far.

Any help would be very much appreciated. My mind is completely frazzled by everything!

C 😀😀

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline tarapt

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    New Joiner-in need of advice about IVF North West UK
    « Reply #1 on: 22/12/17, 15:47 »
    You need to think about location as well.  there will be numerous appointments.

I have used both Care Manchester and I'm currently with Manchester Fertility and I prefer Manchester fertility.  no particular reason though.

Offline Tincancat

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 22/12/17, 16:21 »
    My advice would be to avoid Hewitt Centre.  My experience was of one size fits all treatment and they are more focused on number of IVF carried out rather than quality of each cycle
    TCCx

Offline wibble-wobble

• Moderator-4
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 27/12/17, 20:50 »
    You should check the hfea website for more detailed information on clinic stats.

Some the waiting times are long but results are good (may be because they cherry pick patients)
    Personally I'd put the distance aside yes it could be a pain getting to appointments but its better to have a clinic you are happy with an hour or 2 away rather than 1 that doesn't tick your boxes down the road.

What do you want from your cycle (aside from the obvious... A baby)

Hewitt centre may not be recommended by tincancat but they are by others. My lo is a hc baby (or child now) my fresh cycle treatment was 5 years ago and I wouldn't fault a thing treatment wise. They offer embryoglue, eeva and embryoscope as standard not sure if they are available at all clinics now. When I had my cycle they were optional paid for extras even for nhs patients.

They are a nightmare to ring though