* Author Topic: sucessful IVF abroad with donor embryos  (Read 1550 times)

0 Members

Offline Donnak

• Un-Ranked
modify
sucessful IVF abroad with donor embryos
« on: 5/09/17, 18:14 »
We had sucessful IVF in the czech republic with donor embryos but when came to registering the birth the registar wouldn't let us name my partner at the time as the father on the birth cert. because we had the treatment abroad.  We later then just put his name on the birth cert. by lying bascially saying he was the natural father. 

To cut a long story short i now need him removed from the birth cert. and remove his parental rights... is this possible?

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline NatGamble

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #1 on: 6/09/17, 17:51 »
    Hi there

That's tricky and will depend on the dates and your situation at the time of conception. Were you married? And how old is your child? The options for amending the birth certificate may be limited and in any event will depend on the specifics - this would be something to get particular advice on. I'm cautious about giving a snap answer as the best way forward will need some careful thought in the wider context of your plans post separation and the fact that the birth certificate was misdeclared originally.

If you'd like some private legal advice please do feel free to contact us.

Natalie

Offline Donnak

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #2 on: 6/09/17, 18:52 »
    I have twin girls who were born on 3/09/16 so they have just turned 1.  My plans post seperation are to withdraw his parental rights and negotiate supervised access.  I am having trouble finding a solicitor that knows about these kind of things.. most are replying they aren't sure but if i am willing to pay for their time and research they will basically research their way to an answer.  I just want to know where I stand.  I am planning on filing for a declartion of parentage with the court to get him removed.

Offline Donnak

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 6/09/17, 18:54 »
    and no we are not married which is again why he wouldn't have been allowed to put his name legally on the birth certificate.. had we been married he could have or so we have been told by the registrar.