* Author Topic: Effect of radiation treatment on cervix? (Pregnancy)  (Read 1417 times)

0 Members

Offline Kiki300

• Un-Ranked
Hi Ladies

Many years ago I underwent Total Body Irradiation therapy as part of my cancer treatment. This means ovaries, uterus, cervix - the lot - got dosed with radiation.

I'm now 18 weeks preg with a donor egg (miracle!). But my cervix has been shortening and I had to have a cerclage this week.

Anyone else been through pregnancy post radiation on your lady bits? Trying to Keep Calm but worried about what other complications might crop up due to the radiation treatment.

Thanks

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Cloudy

• Volunteer
    • Gotta keep dancin' ducky!
    modify
    Effect of radiation treatment on cervix? (Pregnancy)
    « Reply #1 on: 12/09/17, 08:22 »
    Congratulations on your pregnancy :)

There is a charity called Jo's Trust who have an "ask the experts" facility where you can email them directly. They are specifically for cervical cancer and I would have thought they would know about the effects of radiation on the cervix. If not there is a Dr called Nick Wales in London (private and NHS) who is the expert in cervical length.

Good luck xxx

Offline pinkfairy2

• Gold Member
    modify
    Effect of radiation treatment on cervix? (Pregnancy)
    « Reply #2 on: 22/09/17, 20:53 »
    No idea about the radiation aspect but had a cervical stitch. There was a thread in the pregnancy section about it, I posted on there frequently. Will answer any questions I can about the stitch!