Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

FET - October

8K views 157 replies 17 participants last post by  Jess27 
#1 ·
Good evening 😀

Any October FET's?! All going well my first scan will be round about 5th October with transfer about the 23rd...roughly. Doing it all natural, eek.

Would love some friend to keep me sane,

Caz x

#2 ·
Nobody?! I am going to be lonely! 😂😢

#3 ·
Hi Caz,
I'm hoping to transfer in October also. Just need to get bloods done on the 2nd to see if my thyroid is in range and then I'm planning a natural transfer also.

Where are you cycling?

#4 ·
Ooh yay, it's always good to have someone to chat to. Hope the thyroid test goes ok. My period is due on the 5th but I think it will be earlier, then phone clinic to book baseline scan for day 10 and then see what happens. Is this your first FET?

We are cycling at CRGW in Cardiff, you? Dreading the next week as have sister in law's wedding to get through minus alcohol!!

#5 ·
Hope AF behaves , I'm due on the 3rd give or take a day. I'm in Spain so like you once I have day 10 scan there's abit of planning involved to get timings right for flights etc.

Your very good not drinking at a wedding I don't think I'd be so disciplined..

After 5 miscarriages I'm approaching this transfer will a much more relaxed approach. I've tried everything at this stage so hoping the chilled & everything in moderation approach might work !!
I'm trying a reflexology session tomorrow so hoping that helps.

Are you taking any special approach?

#6 ·
Hey!

I am so sorry about your miscarriages, I cannot even begin to imagine how difficult that has been to deal with. Keeping everything crossed for you. I don't really do much different either. I always usually go to acupuncture monthly but 3 months before IVF I start to go fortnightly so I am doing that. I try to eat sensibly; warming foods, but more protein, beetroot, nuts etc and I choose not to drink but I don't drink much anyway. I think the wedding will be a looooong day but as I am there with my 2.5 year old I am hoping to duck out early! I tried reflexology once and although I liked it I prefer acupuncture. Anything like that is good for relaxation though which can only be good.

xx

#7 ·
I tried acupuncture with my first transfer found it good but going to go with the reflexology this time. Mind you my session was cancelled today as she's sick so I need to find someone else or I'll be waiting 2 more weeks.

A 2 year old must keep you busy , how lovely xx

#8 ·
Hi ladies. I'm having my FET this month too. I'm already on the Burserelin & Estradiol though, so I might be ahead of you. My first scan is next week.

#10 ·
Hi Kent and babydust and welcome to the group - hoping we can keep each other sane! You guys may be a little ahead of me - I probably won't have my first scan until the middle of October...

Is this your first FET?

#12 ·
Welcome Kent and baby dust glad to have a few more join the group x
Let's hope we all have a positive journey together x
You both are a little further than us but we'll keep each other company & sane.
This is my 3rd FET .

#14 ·
Sorry to hear you have had a rough time so far babydust - this journey utterly sucks. I have a two year old from our first IVF but we had a failed cycle in Jan/Feb time and this is our first and only frozen embie. Eek. Paranoid it won't thaw properly!

#16 ·
Hi & thanks for the welcome. This is my second FET & also our last go at this as it's our last frozen embie too. I have all my fingers & toes crossed for us all.

#17 ·
Hey Ladies, Can I join you!!

I am currently taking Estrelle Novo (I think?), which is my oestrogen supplement as my AF started on Monday 18th Sept. I've got a scan on Friday 29th which will just be to check the lining of the womb, and then hopefully FET will be at some point during the following week.

I've got a bit of a checkered history, really high level we've been TTC for 3 years, were due to start our first IVF with my January AF but really randomly we fell pregnant naturally. Unfortunately this was an ectopic, and I had to take methotrexate to end it during March, and then we weren't allowed to have our first round for another 5/6 months.
We had our first round of IVF in June/July and transferred just one embie but it didn't stick. Luckily I've got two in the freezer from this round, so here we are, ready for our FET!

Looking forward to sharing the journey with you girlies xxxx ^hugme^

#18 ·
Welcome Mrsbura! Fingers crossed for you.

Babydust I have no medication at all, not even sprays 😬

#20 ·
Hi Mrsbura. I think we've crossed paths before.
Hi to everyone else.

I have a dilemma today. I'm now on day 12 of the Estradiol tablets. I take 4 a day instead of the usual 3. Last night I had some spotting & this morning had some cramps & a small gush of light brown blood when I woke up. It was kind of watery (sorry if that's a bit TMI). It's stopped now but I'm worried that it's a period coming, even though I was only on my period 12 days ago.
My clinic has an emergency weekend number for the on call doctor but it says to respect the service & only use in an emergency. I don't know if this is an emergency or not. The on call doctor won't be in clinic so won't have access to my notes either. Do you think I should call or just wait it out until Monday?
Anyone else ever experienced light bleeding before transfer?

#21 ·
Hi Ladies, Can I join you too?

Everyone seems ahead of me so not sure if I should fall into this group as my clinic has been quite vague on dates or not but figured i'd post anyway. I'm currently waiting to start buserelin injections on the 10th of October so at the moment i'm back in that waiting game after an ICSI back in June did not result in a pregnancy but managed to freeze a day 6 blastocyst which we are hoping to use this time around.

I'm very apprehensive about FET, mainly because its different medication to what I had when I was going through ICSI and I have a complicated medical history which does not help matters. Kent22 I notice you have lupus and APS, I do too, I've never came across anyone who suffers with both conditions. Personally speaking, I would phone the emergency doctor just to reassure yourself, that what they are there for after all. Hopefully, its just one of those things and everything will be ok.

CazMc82 and Jen01, I never knew that you could do FET naturally, that must be so much better and easier than having to take medication.

Atleast we know we have each other for support. Good luck to everyone.  ^hugme^ xx

#23 ·
Thanks Kayleigh & babydust. DH said to wait until tomorrow morning & take it from there. There's been no more spotting since this morning so I'm hoping that's it.

Kayleigh, I have quite a few autoimmune conditions. In fact I have sjorgrens, Raynaud's, kidney disease, chronic lung disease, spinal problems & crps! I've got a lot going for me. My DH is a lucky man lol. Funnily enough, most of the people I know with lupus, also have APS. I didn't realise I had APS until I had multiple lung clots. I don't think many people realise they have it. Plus it's a risk factor for miscarriage so I'm glad I'm already on the blood thinning injections.

#24 ·
You certainly have a lot of conditions Kent. I'm also on blood thinning injections so it makes taking injections for cycles easier in one sense but difficult to find somewhere that hasn't already been injected or bruised. I was 1st diagnosed when I was a teenager after having a stroke. I was lucky that I don t really have any long lasting issues as a result of that. I hope you don't get any more bleeding. The process is stressful enough without our bodies throwing in a curve bowl. I hope everything is ok. xx

#25 ·
You ladies are epic - to go through this with other illnesses in the background is amazing. My IVF meds alone made me feel so ill so I can't imagine having extra things. I very much hope you get your longed for BFP's <3

#26 ·
Aw thanks Caz, but I think we're all epic going through this. I'm pretty used to all the other stuff. Everyone has their own set of problems after all.

Hi Kayleigh. I was diagnosed as a teenager too! Firstly with arthritis at 16, then a year later with lupus. I "collected" the rest along the way. I used to bruise terribly on the clexane. Now I've got the technique. My tip is, to flick the injection until all the air is at the top, ie. At the other end from the needle. (It's usually at that end anyway). That way when you inject, the last thing they goes into your skin is the small air bubble. Most of the time, that will stop the bruising. I apply an ice pack afterwards, for a few seconds. My bruises could be the size of my palm sometimes, before I did it this way.

AFM I'm still spotting brown blood today. Not much, but enough to have to wear a liner. I've sent the clinic an email so I hope they'll phone me tomorrow

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.