* Author Topic: 70% eggs immature in first IVF cycle - any advice?  (Read 2326 times)

0 Members

Offline dileas

modify
70% eggs immature in first IVF cycle - any advice?
« Reply #10 on: 28/09/17, 15:16 »
Aw no worries at all, I have no problem with screenshots as it is up written on internet anyway :) so glad both embryos are doing well and also the embryologists and consultant must be confident in them too :) x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Mercury

modify
    « Reply #11 on: 30/09/17, 13:13 »
    Good luck today! Let us know how it goes x

Offline Rosiese18

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #12 on: 30/09/17, 13:20 »
    Thanks Mercury. Not great I'm afraid! One stopped growing at day 3 and the other is a day 4 morula. We're giving it another day to catch up, but I'm not hopeful. I go from thinking this cycle was a disaster but then trying to remind myself we always knew the first cycle was a learning curve.

People tell you it's a rollercoaster, but you have no idea until you start. Hanging out with a friend's puppies today to try and distract myself.

I'll let you know what happens tomorrow x

Offline Mercury

modify
    « Reply #13 on: 30/09/17, 18:48 »
    Oh I'm sorry it wasn't better news. I'll be keeping everything crossed that it keeps growing overnight. As you say it's such a brutal process, but it does sound like there's things they'll be able to improve on next time if necessary xx

Offline Rosiese18

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #14 on: 1/10/17, 08:15 »
    Thanks Mercury. Just got the call and unfortunately it didn't catch up. Thanks for your support and hopefully we've learnt something for next time. X

Offline dileas

modify
    « Reply #15 on: 1/10/17, 08:29 »
    So sorry to hear that rosiese :( it's such a tough process. The good thing is that lots will be learnt from your cycle and taken forward to your next cycle. It doesn't feel like much consolation at the time but our first cycle really did inform out second and it went very differently with changes that were made based on what didn't go to plan first time. I think I read you were doing access fertility too, we did that and it is very reassuring to know that you have more cycles to try out other things  ^hugme^ Xx

Offline Mercury

modify
    « Reply #16 on: 2/10/17, 06:59 »
    I'm really sorry to hear that. You seem to have a great attitude about it but I know it's still so hard to go through. I hope they're helpful at your review and look forward to seeing good news in the future x