* Author Topic: Over 40 - anyone else about to start an IVF cycle?  (Read 94103 times)

0 Members

Offline Molly78

modify
Over 40 - anyone else about to start an IVF cycle?
« Reply #10 on: 29/10/17, 20:41 »
Hi Cece I always suffer with bad night sweats during and post down reg itís vile. Our DS was a result of ivf unfortunately my DHs sperms gone downhill since then so weíve had to have icsi and never been successful. Our clinic believe ivf is preferable especially in more mature ladies as older eggs donít like being tapered with ... good luck xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline andrea75

modify
    « Reply #11 on: 29/10/17, 21:10 »
    Hi ladies....I'm 42 & still deciding on a clinic.  This will be my 7th cycle but my 3rd with DF.  I really want to try with my OE but our old clinic suggested DE.  This was 2yrs ago & we still haven't agreed what to do next and where to go

Offline Nicnik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #12 on: 29/10/17, 21:17 »
    Hi bumblebee,

We are same age and both done similar amount of cycles.  :)

Many ladies our age go to Serum as a last resort for OE (and also for DE). I'll be starting my cycle with them in the next few days. So far, their service and care has been fantastic.

Wishing you the best of luck. xx

Offline andrea75

modify
    « Reply #13 on: 29/10/17, 21:22 »
    Hi Nicnik  :) don't honestly know if we can afford it in Greece?  I have only heard exceptional things about it there though xx

Offline Nicnik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #14 on: 29/10/17, 21:27 »
    Hi Bumblebee,

I know what you mean about cost - although Serum seem to be one of the least expensive I've come across. 3000 Euros for one cycle or 4000 Euros for two cycles. Is your preference to cycle in the U.K.? xx

Offline andrea75

modify
    « Reply #15 on: 29/10/17, 21:34 »
    Yah think we would prefer it that way however we need to travel wherever we go.  Might be easier abroad seeing as we stay at the very north of Scotland

Offline Nicnik

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #16 on: 30/10/17, 06:49 »
    Ah, we are in Scotland too. :) Means two flights though for the clinics we've cycled abroad with so far.  ::) xx

Offline Efi78

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #17 on: 30/10/17, 07:19 »
    Hi girls,

I hope you don't mind me jumping in. I am 39 turning 40 in March. As you can see from my profile I had my fair share of pain. Defeated but not beaten yet though.

Bubblebee/Nicnic,
    I am Greek living in London for the last 17 years. I have grown up in Athens. I have heard a lot about Serum in these forums. I am curious to listen to your opinions and what makes them good. As you can imagine my family being there we did look for clinics in Athens but didn't like their stamdards. Also this clinic is unknown to the Greeks and we are more familiar with Dr Paraschos, Dr Pantos and many other clinics/doctors etc. I also hear very often about high success rates, however there is no greek HFEA to verify that. The only thing I am aware of is that they tend to transfer too many embryos the Greeks because quite frankly there is none to control them.

I would like to hear a bit more about Serum because I am wondering whether I should go back to mycountry for IVF? I am with the Lister right now, no baby yet but they do a good job on their side. I can't fault them and from what I can see the cost is the same here and in greece.

Any feedback on Serum would be highly appreciated. I am very curious as Nicnic mentioned it is the last chance saloon for own eggs for some ladies.

Offline Tootles

modify
    « Reply #18 on: 30/10/17, 14:03 »
    Hi ladies

Hope everyone is doing well.

Really interested to hear more about Serum too.  This round of IVF is due to cost us £7k.  Not sure how many more times we'll try.  I'd like to think four goes will be enough for us, but I can only imagine how hard it must be to stop trying.

Has anyone heard of IVF in a shoebox?  Mate of mine told me about it. Early days but hopefully good news for IVF in future.

I start down reg at 8pm today.  Happy to just be getting on with it.

CEce40 - yep a dry Christmas for me too! I'm off the caffeine as well.  I've decided to treat myself to some luxury pyjamas seeing as how I plan on spending most of my nights in them!

Offline CEce40

modify
    « Reply #19 on: 30/10/17, 16:08 »
    pyjamas - good plan.

Are you giving up alcohol and coffee for the whole treatment? I don't drink a lot of either, but up to this point I've only given up alcohol after the transfer. Maybe I should be stricter this time and join you in the boring life with the PJs!