* Author Topic: Over 40 - anyone else about to start an IVF cycle?  (Read 93826 times)

0 Members

Offline Tootles

modify
Over 40 - anyone else about to start an IVF cycle?
« Reply #140 on: 22/12/17, 17:59 »
Evening Ladies

How's tricks?

Welcome Syd72.  Sorry to read of your MCs. I have a quality issue too, either age related or from having too much of a good time in my youth!  Not long to go until Jan is here. Good luck!

How on earth to do you check your cervix?!  Did they teach you that at school?  I went to quite a strict catholic school and our sexual education lessons were VERY limited!  With regards to the va-va-vulva approach.... firstly I had to google what a vulva is!  I know it's down there somewhere, but I wasn't sure which bit! Turns out it's the whole collection of bits!!  Now I don't know about colour, and I'm not about to get my Farrow and Ball chart out just yet, but..... I definately think there is something in this theory. I get a, ahem, sort of fun-time-flutter down there. Not a full on When Harry Met Sally affair, but a definite 'how are youuuu doing' tickle (at last, a perk!!).  That's got to be down to increased blood flow, surely?

Hi Butterfly - your protocol is identical to mine! I think Nurture likes to stick to its own tried and tested methods. How much Menopur will you be on?  What date do you start down reg'ing? I wouldn't worry too much about DTD but maybe ask Nurture just in case. Lucky you for getting some!! I think I've forgotten what to do it's been so long.  One consolation is that the drugs made me have some VERY saucy dreams!  I hope you get the same side effect!

Lulu - how did you get on with the tax return?  Hope you haven't hit the bottle!  I've googled Moomins - yes, I do remember them! I seem to remember they were on telly a lot when the teachers went on strike! Happy days!

CEce40 - I hope that you're having a lovely time on your Christmas travels. Did you take any Werthers? Do not fear, my Midlands roots are firmly in the none-air-kissy camp until booze or close friendship is established. It's the noise thing I can't do properly. What's with all that 'hmmmm mwoah, hmmmmm mwoah' malarkey?  I'll stick to 'Hello me-duck' thank you very much.  I'm putting a request in now for T'Pau's China in Your Hand please, followed by some Aerosmith, I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing for pudding.  Then you can just flipping pucker up sweetheart!

AFM - well I'm still up the duff and delighted about it.  Had a blood test result of 235 today.  I'm not altogether sure of what that means, but I do know that it's meant to double in the next few days. Fingers crossed but I'm still well aware of the end result being a long long way off yet. 

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Butterfly1976

modify
    « Reply #141 on: 23/12/17, 20:21 »
    Hi Tootles - The dosage of Menopur says 450 IU s.c (6 amps) daily, but I'm not sure what that means! We have our consents appointment on the 29th so hopefully will get some more of an idea then. My drugs arrive on the 28th then I start down regging on New Year's Day and have a scan booked for the 17th Jan to see how it's going. I'm glad my protocol is the same as yours, I'm going to take that as a good sign!

I meant to say before that yes we met Mr Raine-Fenning at the open evening and really liked him (maybe not quite as much as you did lol). I loved how passionate he was about what he does, really inspiring, although our consultant is Mr Hopkisson who also seems nice.

I'm trying not to worry about DTD It's not likely we'd get pregnant naturally after all. After 18 months of TTC it's hard to get out of the habit  ;) I'll let you know if I get the dreams, it's the first time I'd read anything positive about the drugs  ;D

Sending love to everyone  ^hugme^

Offline StrawberrySundae

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #142 on: 24/12/17, 09:28 »
    Hi everyone  ^wave^

Butterfly good luck with your cycle, hope it doesn't interfere with your Xmas plans  :)

Tootles glad you're still up the duff!! Great to be up the duff at Christmas  ;D And long may it continue! Good luck with your next bloods.

Syd hello I'm having my hysto at Serum same as you have - would love to know any details/info! I've been feeling scared about it as I once had a bad reaction to sedation during egg collection, so hopefully this will go ok. How did you feel afterwards? Am taking a week off work for it in Jan. I did Serum's 2 cycle package, it resulted in a drawn out twin miscarriage the start of this year and a cp or bfn in about June. So have moved into DE but so far that was a bfn. Good luck with your next cycle, hope the hysto propels us forward!

CEce hope you're feeling ok & enjoying your Christmas travels! Thanks for the vulva info, will definitely have to investigate next time!  ;D These tips are all helpful, so the more the merrier! Glad if I can help inspire you, but for me I'm a bit fed up of having had so much **** that it makes other people feel better, but I suppose I should be more generous  ::) Anyway you've got a great attitude and that will help I think.

Lulu and anyone I've missed I hope you all have a fun time tomorrow and get lots of nice presents!  :-*  ^party^

Offline Syd72

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #143 on: 24/12/17, 12:16 »
    Strawberry youíll be fine. Iíve done it twice this year, was there on my own both times. When you have your pre-tests the day before theyíll ask if any problems previously with general anaesthetic, you should mention your previous bad reaction then. I was fine with the anaesthetic, I was cramping both times I came round and asked for additional pain relief which worked very quickly, this doesnít seem to have happened to anyone else. Within an hour youíre back on the ward and feeling completely normal. This time I had my procedure around 7.45am, in recovery by 8.30am and back at Serum by midday. Itís fascinating watching the dvd :)

Merry Christmas ladies, lots of healthy baby-filled wishes for us all in 2018 x

Offline Tootles

modify
    « Reply #144 on: 27/12/17, 07:46 »
    Hello Campers

I hope there were lots of lovely Christmas' going on.

Well, looks like I'm out of the game. The old HCG isn't rising and I've gone from a strong line to it barely being there. Bummer. I'm disappointed but not really upset. Would much rather this ended sooner as the last MC was much further along and that was tough.  Not really sure what happens next. I'll call the clinic today. 

I reckon I've got two goes left in me. Not the new year I was hoping for, but it could be so much worse so counting my blessings. 

Good luck to all of you ladies.  2018 has got to be a better year than 2017!!

Lots of love xx

Offline pauli

modify
    « Reply #145 on: 27/12/17, 14:22 »
    Hi Tootles, so sorry to read your update. That must have been heart-breaking especially at Xmas time. No words can make you feel better. Have you managed to speak to the clinic today? Have they suggested to do a blood test or a scan? Is there not a little chance it still could be a viable pregnancy? Sometimes the test stick could be faulty and HCG could be slow rising...

Roll on 2018! Let's hope the new year will bring us all what we most desire xx

Offline LuluLimon

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #146 on: 27/12/17, 21:00 »
    Hello all
    Tootles- sad to read your post. Its crap when that HCG doesn't rise after the excitement of bfp. I hope it maybe just a blip but sending you hugs-you know we are thinking of you xx

Butterfly good luck for your appointment on Friday x
    Strawberry and Syd hope you got some nice pressies X I'm off to get mine tomorrow- hubby and I were a bit apathetic beforehand and couldn't decide.

Everyone else hope you have all pigged out and had at least a tipple or two.

Let's all believe 2018 is our year! Xx

Offline Syd72

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #147 on: 28/12/17, 01:22 »
    So sorry Tootles x

Offline StrawberrySundae

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #148 on: 28/12/17, 19:18 »
    Hi everyone, not long to go until the start of a fresh new year  :)

Tootles I'm really sorry, what an absolute bummer  :( are we allowed to say that?! Oh yes, you did as well!  ;D I've experienced a bfp turning into a bfn, it's so disappointing. At least you're staying positive and I'm glad you've got at least another 2 goes in you - hopefully you'll not need that many  ;)

Syd thanks ever so much for the positive vibes about Serum's hysto  ^reiki^ I think my schedule will be similar, back to the clinic by lunchtime I hope. Not sure if mentioning a bad reaction in the past is a good idea in case they refuse to go ahead?  :o Yes the DVD almost sounds fun!  ;D

Butterfly good luck tomorrow at your appt - getting exciting! :)

CEce hope you've had a great Xmas!  ^rudolph^

Pauli and Lulu yes let's hope & believe 2018 is a good year!  :)

I've still got a while to go, hanging around for 2 or 3 months, but hopefully will have a good plan or just dive in again once we can afford it!   ???

Have a great end of year/New Year everyone xx

Offline Tootles

modify
    « Reply #149 on: 29/12/17, 07:11 »
    Thanks ever so much for the well wishes.  It's been a rocky few days. Have started to bleed this morning which I'm happy about as it puts a full stop on this cycle.  Nothing worse than dragging it out.

Can I let off some steam please??!  I'm afraid I got a tad 'upset' with my clinic.  Just feel rather abandoned by them and it took me getting a bit stroppy to get a call back from the doctor.  It's not that I want a cuddle and a box of chocolates, just a bit of reassurance and advice at such an anxious time. The nurses are ok, but telling me that 'nothing is wrong' when three different brands of pregnancy test suggest otherwise, and blood test results aren't as they should be, just comes across as being really patronising, dismissive and not at all helpful.

I get that it's a waiting game, but when things start to go tits-up between the positive result and the scan, you want to feel supported in a medical capacity and that just didn't happen.

The problem I have is that my clinic has really good statistics, but it's just lacking in the communication department.  At £7k a pop, it's not the cheapest, although I know it's also not the most expensive too.  I'm now trying to decide whether or not to stick with them or move.  In the mean time, I'm going to make my own enquirers into MC. I'm three down now and would like to know if it's just my age or if something else is going on.

Hope you don't mind me still knocking about on here. I'm keen to hear how everyone gets on.  Roll on 2018 and the end of 2017.