* Author Topic: Over 40 - anyone else about to start an IVF cycle?  (Read 94105 times)

0 Members

Offline emma10

modify
Over 40 - anyone else about to start an IVF cycle?
« Reply #50 on: 15/11/17, 20:26 »
Congratulations Molly on being PUPO!
Thank you.... am feeling quite scared about getting the result tbh! x x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Molly78

modify
    « Reply #51 on: 15/11/17, 20:42 »
    Thanks Emma, youíve done well to hold out until your OTD.

Btw Tootles I used dhea on my last cycle but it didnít help me, I have a short luteal phase, I ovulate very late and the dhea made this worse. My clinic recommend it though for older ladies where quality or reserve is an issue, it just didnít agree with me x

Offline LuluLimon

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #52 on: 15/11/17, 21:02 »
    Hello ladies. Dropping by to say yay to those of you PUPO!

We have our consultation at Zita West next week so I haven't been on here too much until we know we're good to go.

I had a bunch of level 2 tests with high results for tnf's, and 3 kir receptors missing. I don't know about anyone else,  but I sort of feel like my body can't be all that out of whack, like really???

I'm not on DHEA...yet! But gulping down all the other goodies 😱 I also got spotty on ALA though...I think body is saying I need sun :))

Offline emma10

modify
    « Reply #53 on: 18/11/17, 07:12 »
    Hey Ladies
    Just letting you know that unfortunately our result was a BFN and so the end of the road for us as was our last ever cycle.
    Gutted as was longing for a sibling but also feeling very grateful for our DS as out of 7 cycles he really is our little miracle.
    Wishing you all loads of luck and hoping that you too get your miracle babies..
    x x x

Offline Tootles

modify
    « Reply #54 on: 18/11/17, 17:45 »
    Oh Emma10 I'm so sorry to read your post.  Sending a massive hug, and a big fat two fingers up to fertility problems.  XxxxxxxxxxxxX

Offline CEce40

modify
    « Reply #55 on: 18/11/17, 19:43 »
    So sorry, Emma10. It must be so hard, but i think knowing when to stop can be such a brave and positive thing. I'm sure your precious little son will keep you smiling through the pain. xx

Offline Molly78

modify
    « Reply #56 on: 18/11/17, 20:18 »
    So sorry to hear your news Emma, I hope your son can provide you with some comfort, mine certainly has with my past failures. Itís such a tough and unfair process. Be kind to yourself xxx

Offline miamiamo

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #57 on: 19/11/17, 15:24 »
    emma10 - I am so sorry, sending warm hugs xx

Offline Tootles

modify
    « Reply #58 on: 21/11/17, 07:37 »
    Morning

How are you doing Molly78? Hope you're managing to take it easy.

Have you had your Zita West consultation LuluLimon? What did you think?

How are you getting on MagicPillow? I can totally relate to wanting to just get on with it. I think one of the hardest things about IVF is all of the waiting.

How are you finding the Zita West supplements CEce40?  Is all else going well?

I'm on day 6 of Gonal F (300 per day) and am feeling much more swollen and uncomfortable than last time when I was on 225 per day.  Scan on Friday and hoping to see lots going on in there.

Offline CEce40

modify
    « Reply #59 on: 21/11/17, 21:17 »
    Hi Tootles,

I had an appointment with the clinic today, lining looks good so I start stimming tomorrow. No idea if the supplements are doing anything egg wise, but they're giving me luminous wee; which is an unexpected delight! I feel like a superhero. Definitely other worldly.

I seem to have more follicles (6 on each side) than previously, but that could be a miscount as she did 'lose' my ovaries a couple of times during the scan.

Can we talk about work for a minute? - For me, one of the biggest stresses of this whole process is that I feel like I've been trapped in my job for the last 3 years, thinking that I can't leave as I need the maternity leave and the flexibility to work from home/go part time/do whatever I need to do later on. I also feel bad about switching jobs and then suddenly announcing I'm pregnant or dumping all my baggage on them as soon as I walk through the door needing time off for ivf appointments or explaining why I'm a complete psycho who may just staple someone's face when I'm on the 'bad' drugs.

I'm not particularly ambitious. I've never had a plan to be in x role or to get to a certain level, but I have tended to change jobs every couple of years, mainly as I get bored and need a new challenge.

When I got the flu recently I realised that all the emotional and work stress I've been under had taken it's toll. It's just not worth it. I hate my job at the moment and feeling trapped is only adding to the stress. So I've decided that's it. I've started applying for other things and I'm going to request redundancy. There's still a bit of me that feels bad about moving to a new company knowing that I want to get pregnant - am I being an idiot? do I just need to get over that and carry on my life regardless? has anyone else gone through this while TTC?