* Author Topic: Over 40 - anyone else about to start an IVF cycle?  (Read 93823 times)

0 Members

Offline LuluLimon

• Gold Member
modify
Over 40 - anyone else about to start an IVF cycle?
« Reply #90 on: 6/12/17, 20:01 »
Hi ladies.
Been away with work and had two weekends away so not been on.
Tootles- sorry that our results weren't what you hoped. Remember that gradings are estimations and a C can make a lovely baby.  Believe it's your time xx You are PUPO !!!
Cece- I hope all is well and you get some good blasts for Sunday. Will keep all crossed for you both.x
Tigersmiles- don't remind me of the night sweats to come!! What is your timing like? I'm at ZW in London and been on a range of supplements - pretty much since last year with our FETs. My skin is looking ok and my wee is very expensive (as DH likes to remind me!)

Hot ribena is a good alternative as is hot lemon & ginger. I've had a mulled wine or two and will have more as we go to Finland for a break next week.
Due to start the pill end of Dec- feels like a countdown now.

Is anyone doing any relaxation or visualisations this time?
 Xlulu

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Tiger Smiles

modify
    « Reply #91 on: 6/12/17, 21:11 »
    Evening, about to get into a nice bath and hit the sack. Kinda wishing I didn't just scoff six chocolate biscuits as I've now got a pounding headache. Umm does chocolate have an adverse effect during stims?

LuluLimon - I'm definitely doing relaxation this time. I use two aps one called Headspace and the other called Calm. I find them really useful and this time I've been getting acupuncture and will go there tomorrow which will be day 6 of my stim phase. I've found it helpful and relaxing. Expensive though, but we'll try anything at this stage. "Bathing in cow dung will give you a baby?", count me in lol

Tootles, really sorry you feel so down, sometimes the clinics really do need to have more tact. You know you can specify who to call you? I did -  as there was one time when I had a similar call and I was so upset just from the embryologists tone. It was too clinical and matter of fact, which I didn't want. But CEce40 is right it's not over until the fat ladies sings and we are all rooting for you. x

Right that's me, my left ovary is pounding which is normally a good sign that something is going on. Though I will need to try and walk without a limp as sometimes it gets so sore that happens. Night

Offline LuluLimon

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #92 on: 7/12/17, 16:18 »
    Tigersmiles- I believe chocolate is good for you :)) well dark chocolate, so that includes Jaffa cakes etc.
    I'm pretty much in the cow dung et al phase.       
    Bee pollen- tick, acupuncture- tick, nightly meditation- tick. I do circle and bloom last time and found it great so will try that again. I've used headspace in the past. Will look up Calm.
    Sending lots of positive sticky dust and golden egg vibes out there x

Offline pauli

modify
    « Reply #93 on: 7/12/17, 17:38 »
    Ladies,
    You make me laugh! I have read the whole thread from the beginning and now eagerly expect every new post from you ;-)

Tootles - like others said, it’s not over yet! We are all rooting for you! They were day 5 blastocysts which is reassuring and encouraging, and they are now in the best environment possible. Focus on that, you have done everything you could. But I know it’s hard. Hope you manage to keep your sanity during 2ww ;-) I find this part the most difficult, the wait drives me mad… I always try to stay away from people during that time as much as possible as I turn into a mad person ;-)     

Cece40 – fingers crossed for those embys in the lab! If they are in the embryoscope, they are not disturbed. I used to get the digital pictures as daily updates but it was lost on me as I could not see much difference between them. Embryologist probably expected that as he always added a note to say how each emby was doing ;-)     

LuluLimon – I find “relaxation” actually not very “relaxing” ;-) I am probably not doing it right. Any tips much appreciated.  Enjoy your break in Finland. Do not overdo it with the sports activities! 

Tiger Smiles – how interesting that you are not planning to do PGS this time (I saw that on your signature). Is it a recommendation from the clinic? Or just can’t be bothered to spend plenty of £££ on this pointless exercise? This year we had 2 uber-expensive cycles in the US (can’t even bring myself to put a “total” together as will probably faint), both times we had PGS and sadly all embryos were chromosomally ‘abnormal’. For me the KEY question is: Is it the age of the eggs or sperm issues (poor morphology, DNA fragmentation, antibodies) causing the aneuploidy? If I only knew…     

We had 4 failed cycles since the start of this IVF journey, but I am not ready to give up yet! Currently researching the clinics in the Czech Republic, “IVF on the budget” is my new mission ;-)   

Offline Tootles

modify
    « Reply #94 on: 7/12/17, 19:29 »
    Evening ladies

Well, I've given myself a good talking too, pulled my tights up and am now feeling much more positive. Thanks so much for the support. It really does make a huge difference. I'm going to just enjoy being PUPO (is it terribly immature of me to giggle when I hear that acronym in my head??) and thank my lucky stars that I've managed to get to this point.

Hello Pauli - welcome to the thread.  I hear you sister on the whole cost thing!  This cycle has been £7k so far, and there are still invoices to come.  A mate told me about something called Shebox (or something like that). Apparently it's the future for IVF on a budget but it's in its infancy at the moment. I reckon in 10 years time IVF will have jumped forward so much with much higher succes rates and cheaper costs. Good luck with finding a good Czech clinic.

Tiger - hope those nasty ovary pains have gone and taken that headache with them. How are you feeling? Did you have a scan today? I really want a mojito right this minute! I bet that you could have throttled that waitress! Hope you managed to style it out and get away with it!

How are you doing CEce40? I hope that you get good news from your clinic tomorrow. Willing those eggs to have grown lots for you. Are you managing to keep your mind off it for some of the time? I find the bit between EC and ET the worst in terms of just wanting answers.  Hope you get the call early doors lovely. Are you having the glue?

Hi Lulu - i agree, chocolate is practically a vegetable! I don't think I'd get through the day (hour) without it!  Hope you don't mind being away for work. Not long now until you can start DR.  Your expensive wee made me chuckle!

I'm going to risk putting this out there....here goes.... has anyone got a view / experience / opinion of piles or 'bum grapes' as my other half has supportively called them (oh the shame... as if the beard wasn't bad enough)?  I'm a hemorrhoid virgin and I am not enjoying this new experience one bit!  Where the hell do they come from, and for the love of God, why??!?

Offline andrea75

modify
    « Reply #95 on: 7/12/17, 23:26 »
    Hi everyone... I've been stalking this thread for a wee while...

What clinics are you all attending?  I've low AMH ant FSH of 7

Advice welcome xx

Offline pauli

modify
    « Reply #96 on: 8/12/17, 18:30 »
    Hello ladies,
    Tootles - sorry to hear you are suffering from piles, like it was not enough what your body had to go through up to now!! My husband suffered from it quite a few years ago when was putting his body through a punishing exercise regime. Well, he blamed too much stress and strain on his body... he did not really treat it with anything and it disappeared eventually. So I wonder if it could be due to the stress your body has gone through in the last few weeks? Or some of the drugs' side effects? Have you asked your IVF clinic is there could be a link?

During our 2nd IVF cycle I developed thrush after ET. I asked the clinic, they said 'take nothing' but after a few days I caved in and used the pill for it as I just could not bear it. The cycle was BFN, I will always wonder if the thrush or the pill had something to do with it...   

Cece, did you have your ET?

Hi Bumblebee, your FSH is nice and low, did you have your estrogen measured too? I am currently trying to decide on a clinic - researching clinics in CZ as can't afford London's clinics anymore. Plan to cycle in Feb 2018.

Have a good weekend everybody 
    xx   

Offline LuluLimon

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #97 on: 9/12/17, 19:57 »
    Welcome Pauli and Bumblebee!

Bumblebee we're at Zita West- have some immune issues so seeing how it goes.

Pauli- good luck on your clinic search. I'm mostly ignoring the cost as it's huge- it's likely to be our last fresh cycle though.

I've read enough success stories of women in their 40's so there's just no damn reason why it won't be us!

Ha- no sports for me. We're going in the hope of snow (no chance here in London) and a visit to the Moomin Museum- I love them
    Cece- hope all is ok for transfer xx

Tootles/Cece- how much exercise were you doing pre-stimming? I'm doing 5 X weekly and wondering if I should maybe swap over running to something more gentle?

Offline Tootles

modify
    « Reply #98 on: 10/12/17, 07:40 »
    Morning ladies

Glad to say that the bum grapes have disappeared? Pheewww! Still rocking the beard though.

Welcome to the thread Bumblebee.  We're at Nurture. I'm constantly curious as to why clinics are so different in their treatment.  Hope you find a good one.

Hi Pauli - how's your clinic search going? Have you been able to get much info?

LuluLimon - I'm not a big exerciser at all but I do a fair amount of walking, gardening and house work! Wow, 5 times a week! I do admire you! Our clinic just said 'gentle' exercise. I know people who do plenty of yoga pre IVF. 

Tigersmiles - how are those night sweats? Hope you're ok. Did you have your scan? Hoping all is as it should be.

CEce40 - thinking of you Hun.  How's it going? Isn't today transfer day? Hope it's all going well.

AFM, feeling rather menstrual. I caved this morning and did a test which was negative.  I'm weirdly not too upset as I know it's early still, but also ever since the grading results I've just had a feeling this time isn't going to work for us.  Already thinking of round three. Hey ho.

Offline CEce40

modify
    « Reply #99 on: 10/12/17, 16:08 »
    hey everyone, sorry I've been AWOL for a few days. I've been making hay while the sun (erm, snow?) shines. Couple of christmas dos and a night out before the transfer today. I tried to be good ish, but must admit I was hungover in the stirrups today!

Well, I can safely say I've beaten you Tootles - no blasts at all! We still transferred 3 fresh embryos, 1 compacted and 2 compacting. The quality and cell division at day 3 was really good, so the embryologist thought it was worth giving these a go rather than thaw my frozen blast. Apparently at the compacting stage they cant be graded. They may be late developers, or they may not develop at all. If they do make it to blast Obviously we wont know what grade blasts they are. My frozen one only reached blast stage at day 7 and that's a 4bb (I think) so they're working on the assumption that I'm naturally slow (I could have told them that months ago!!). So essentially, not a clue. Could be great, could be [email protected]! I'm neither positive nor negative about it so really have no expectations at all. Roll on the waiting game!

Lululimon - I was probably doing around 3 times a week at the gym before stims. I only stopped when I got the flu and then got interrupted by work commitments. My clinic just said to do what you're used to. Maybe don't decide to climb Everest during the stims, but if you're a regular exerciser then carry on. I think a lot of it is just what you feel comfortable with and how you react to the drugs.

Tootles - glad you're feeling positive again. How are you such an early bird, even on the weekend? if you're one of those annoying morning people then I'm afraid we may not be friends!! 

Pauli & Bumblebee - Hi both. I'm with Guys in London. Not many bells and whistles here compared to the comments others have made about their clinics. bog standard but trustworthy; and I like the ethics in that they dont offer the latest fads unless they've got hard evidence it can help.