* Author Topic: Over 40 - anyone else about to start an IVF cycle?  (Read 91581 times)

0 Members

Offline moore77

• Un-Ranked
modify
Over 40 - anyone else about to start an IVF cycle?
« Reply #1060 on: 2/08/20, 18:21 »
Hi TBW342 I see youíve posted on other pages I think regards to your cycle I think yes people can ovulate late for sure  Iíve had late cycles which is rare for me ( happened when I had a major diet change ) but as I understand it obviously itís a hormone issue if itís taken so long for the egg to get the energy to grow to size and ovulate. It is of course worth checking a pregnancy test too as ovulation tests can give positives for pregnancy. Good luck itís horrible when you want to get on and have a plan in mind and something changes

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline TBW342

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #1061 on: 2/08/20, 19:18 »
    Moore 77 thank you for your reply. Yes I wasn't sure where the best place to post was really. I have done pregnancy tests but no luck there. I didn't think they would be positive based on the scan but just did it to rule it out. I'm guessing it's hormone related due to age but I have wondered if a few other things have come in to play. I was taking some traditional Chinese medicine from my acupuncturist along with a cocktail of other supplements to prepare myself with this cycle. (including melatonin for egg quality and vitex). She said it was fine to carry on taking the supplements with the Chinese herbs. As well as that I did intermittent fasting which I have read is good for fertility and lost a stone so maybe it as one of those things, combined with my aging ovaries / hormones!  :(

Thanks again for your reply and good luck with your journey

Offline moore77

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #1062 on: 3/08/20, 13:01 »
    Interesting see for me similar story I wanted to loose some weight , improve eggs health etc . I did a keto diet for 6 weeks and my cycles /ovulation massively changed keto is particular good for pcos but not good long term as itís quite a reduction in calories and can for some halt periods. My cycles were always 23/24 days then I became 30/35 days on next two cycles and ovulation was like day 19/23 ( I have only 11 day lutheal phase so short really).
    Itís hard doing tests when that cycle is late , plays havoc on your mental state but you have to know.
    I did acupuncture prior to ivf mainly for inflammation as I have immune issues , my acupuncturist had my on zita west DNA repair supplements to help egg and sperm quality. Iíve not heard of what youíve been taking but I do believe in acupuncture x hope you get to start your cycle soon

Offline Greyhoundgal

• Volunteer
    modify
    « Reply #1063 on: 5/08/20, 22:57 »
    Moore 77 thank you for your reply. Yes I wasn't sure where the best place to post was really. I have done pregnancy tests but no luck there. I didn't think they would be positive based on the scan but just did it to rule it out. I'm guessing it's hormone related due to age but I have wondered if a few other things have come in to play. I was taking some traditional Chinese medicine from my acupuncturist along with a cocktail of other supplements to prepare myself with this cycle. (including melatonin for egg quality and vitex). She said it was fine to carry on taking the supplements with the Chinese herbs. As well as that I did intermittent fasting which I have read is good for fertility and lost a stone so maybe it as one of those things, combined with my aging ovaries / hormones!  :(

Thanks again for your reply and good luck with your journey
    ]
    Just  be careful with intermittent fasting because it isn't a one size fits all and in some women it has been found to mess about with hormones.....but losing the weight will be helpful for sure.

It isn't uncommon to ovulate late as you get older though I don't think 45 is SO old ;-) good luck with getting going on your cycle  ^pray^

Grey xx