* Author Topic: Endo scratch help!  (Read 1966 times)

0 Members

Offline Aley

modify
Endo scratch help!
« Reply #10 on: 15/10/17, 12:48 »
Morganna, the endo scratch is exactly that...a scratch. Is painful for a couple of seconds, when I had it done my dr was counting 1,2 and by 3 it was done.
Is like a smear really, if you have a difficult to access cervix probably it will be more painful but again thatís because of the speculum finding itís way in.
I did have cramps and light bleeding after but only for one day.

Lollipops, can I ask what you did on your successful cycle? I am in the position of trying my luck again with a 4th cycle.
I had the endo scratch already but didnít make it successful. Looking at different options I guess.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline susie7600

modify
    Endo scratch help!
    « Reply #11 on: 15/10/17, 13:04 »
    Hi Morgana, if you had a vaginal birth you may find it a lot easier next time. I hardly felt anything on the 2 scratches I've had since my son, where as the first was awful! My clinic said that is quite common after a natural birth x

Offline stupidmonkey

modify
    Endo scratch help!
    « Reply #12 on: 15/10/17, 14:59 »
    Morganna whether u were getting a scratch in a private ivf clinic or getting a biopsy done in the NHS you wouldn't be given sedation. wanting sedation for a procedure that's over in seconds is a bit silly and unnecessary. I know they are uncomfortable but it's over in a flash.. A quick scratch Will be nothing  compared to labour.

Offline lollipops

• Gold Member
    modify
    Endo scratch help!
    « Reply #13 on: 15/10/17, 18:34 »
    Aley- hilariously the 4th treatment we had was the treatment I sort of "gave up trying on". What I mean is for all the others I had taken every vitamin going, stopped all caffeine 3 months prior to it, same with alcohol ........ Ate all the weird and wonderful things that are suggested for fertility/egg quality of etc and nothing had ever come from those cycles.
    By the time I got to the 4th cycle I had sort of come to a conclusion that no matter what I ate, drank, brought nothing really seemed to do the trick so I literally gave up on all those extras and all the usual preparations I took for months beforehand and simply stopped drinking and having caffeine once I started treatment and generally was a lot more laid back. I think I took a preconception vitamin daily and DH took a male version , I brought a Zita West CD that was suppose to help relax you during the whole process and listening to it in bed most nights and she sent me to sleep in minutes  ;D  don't think I ever listened to whole thing straight once  ;D

Like I say the result of treatment was 4 eggs, only 3 fertilised , and by day 2 only two poor grade embryos were left and were put back on day two as " they were better off in me than out" (embryologist words)
    It was our poorest grade of embryos we had ever had.

I remember driving home from the clinic and thinking game over.

A week in to the 2ww I knew I felt differently and bizarrely was one of those annoying women who "just knew" they were pregnant .

I guess what I'm saying is it's a game of luck to a degree. Why when I had top grade embryos and did everything I could to help it to work did it fail?
    Yet when I had all but given up on it ever working, it did ?

IVF is a huge emotional and financial gamble in my opinion . If doing lots of things beforehand helps you feel in control and proactive then go for it, it can't hurt and in some respects it must help. However don't be afraid to just go with it a little if your tired of trying every trick in the book!

Because of my latest scan results and blood tests I am lucky if we will get one egg this time round. My ovaries had one follicle in each and my AMH is seriously low now :(  we are literally just scraping by on giving it a go with my own eggs and we've been warned we may not get any mature ones this time round.
    Because of that they've put me on DHEA and Q10 supplements and they suggested the scratch and NK Cell biopsy too - in their words I've got to try whatever I can to get a better egg quality especially when we are looking at potentially one egg. I'm on the highest dose of menopur too 475 ius to try and get my useLess ovaries to wake up a bit .If this cycle fails they suggest natural IVF next.
    We shall see.

We are very very blessed to have one child through IVF, it's almost cheeky to ask for more luck again. We aren't going into this with blinkers on , we know it's a long shot now. But as my consultant said, it really is now or never to try again as times not been good to me fertility wise. My age should suggest great eggs and an abundance , however the quality and quantity don't match my age bracket and we were so lucky last time one of those poor quality embryos turned into my daughter.
    Good luck ladies, it truly is one big ride.
      not quite sure why I've got randomly small text in places !!

Offline stupidmonkey

modify
    Endo scratch help!
    « Reply #14 on: 15/10/17, 19:04 »
    Lollipops I was the exact same! The first five cycles I did didn't work and I behaved like a saint!

My 6th cycle that I'm now pregnant from I basically let go of all control! 4days before I started stimming I was at a wedding and drank the bar dry and was hungover for 3days.During stims I was drinking coffee and Coca Cola by the bucket and living off subway, crisps and takeaways. Some days I was drinking up to 6 cans of Cola and I don't mean diet I mean proper real Coca Cola. White bread, Frosties and Coca pops.  Whst u would consider to be a horrendous diet was exactly what I was eating. I just had a 'whatever' attitude. Even the clinic couldn't believe I was just so chilled and indifferent to the whole thing. Boom
    It worked. Still eating Frosties and drinking Cola and bubba is doing well x

Offline stupidmonkey

modify
    Endo scratch help!
    « Reply #15 on: 15/10/17, 19:08 »
    Seriously like for months and months I was living the whole organic lifestyle and eating every vegetable under the sun and drinking filtered water. Nuts and seeds etc. Got me no where. The 'f£&k it' attitude worked for me.

Offline lollipops

• Gold Member
    modify
    Endo scratch help!
    « Reply #16 on: 15/10/17, 20:39 »
    Congratulations Stupidmonkey on your pregnancy!! How many weeks are you?
    Yeah there's a lot to be said for "not giving a sh!t" during treatment that's for sure!!

Offline lollipops

• Gold Member
    modify
    Endo scratch help!
    « Reply #17 on: 16/10/17, 19:16 »
    So I called the clinic today to discuss the fact I've been spotting since last Wednesday ( when I had the Endo scratch and biopsy)
    She said it should be stopped or stopping by now. A doctor was suppose to call me back but didn't. I'll have to try and speak to them again tomorrow

The flow is picking up pace now ( slowly ) and so it could be my period ?! If it is how on earth do I know what day is day 1 ? I'm suppose to call the clinic and book in on day one of my period .
    My period technically isn't due until Thursday though  ???
    Trying not to worry but really concerned the clinic won't let me go ahead this month with treatment ?!
    Why isn't it ever simple??