* Author Topic: Any London info events?  (Read 626 times)

0 Members

Offline bluebb

• Un-Ranked
modify
Any London info events?
« on: 16/10/17, 16:16 »
Hello!
Posted this morning about looking for a clinic in Spain but been looking at further posts and was wondering if there was any recommendations on info events or talks on fertility abroad I could find online, or even go and see in London. Thinking of going to the Fertility Show but not sure if it will just be loads of clinics pumping me with info. Prefer something more aproachable to be honest. Any suggestions?

Thanks so much

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Ljp64

• Gold Member
    modify
    Any London info events?
    « Reply #1 on: 16/10/17, 19:47 »
    I went to the Fertility show an didn't find it too hard sell but I had narrowed it down before I got there so I only went to see the clinics I was considering. The seminars are very very useful too.
    You could also try Ruth Pellow at IVF treatment abroad. She offers a service that is free to patients. She works with a few Spanish clinics and she would basically advise you as to which is the best clinic for you and then guide you through the whole process, liaising on your behalf. We would have used her but she didn't work with the clinic we had our heart set on. She has a website and I'm sure there are many womens on here who've usd her.

Good luck

Offline Cheeky31

modify
    Any London info events?
    « Reply #2 on: 18/10/17, 20:17 »
    Hi,

We went to the fertility show in London a few years ago to help us decide on where to have treatment and have since been attending to share our experience on traveling abroad to those who find it helpful.

Our experience of the show was you do get given so much info and it can be a little overwhelming with all the information, however it was so helpful to talk to clinics and we were quickly able to narrow down our preferences. So found it helpful

There will be various talks which can be helpful, I've double checked and there are a few  specifically about treatment abroad (there is a seminar at 10:30 on the Saturday called "planning treatment abroad  Norway Vs Spain  Vs Portugal" and one at 16:45 called "planning treatment abroad Spain Vs Greece Vs South Africa Vs Usa" and one at 17:20  called "planning treatment abroad? Spain vs Turkey". There is also one on the Sunday, one at 10:30 called "planning treatment abroad Spain vs Czech Republic vs Greece".

Happy to provide any info if helpful x Good Luck

We gathered a lot of information and spoke to a number of clinics and then went home and did some more research, looked at costs, safety and who we felt most comfortable with.

Offline bluebb

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    Any London info events?
    « Reply #3 on: 9/11/17, 18:28 »
    Hello!
    Thanks for your advice. I ended up going to the show and was not let down...did end up with a huge headache though, so much information!!
    Thanks Ljp64 for your advice and Cheeky31.
    I spoke to someone at the Ruth Pellow stand as advised but must say it didn't give me the right feeling, so decided to follow my own instinct with the Spanish clinics that were at the show. Very impressed with it all, have to say.
    Also went to the talks you mentioned Cheeky, all of the ones about Spain vs another country. Happy I have made the initial choice of going to SPain,  as have the feeling it is the best in terms of proximity quality and availability...and weather ;)
    So now deciding this week between three Spanish clinics; IVI, IVF Spain and Barcelona IVF. Not bothered about the political situation in Barcelona, as have a friend living there and sais everthing is normal. Just super keen to pick the right choice for me, and soon, as I will get started as soon as I can, and they let me!
    So if you have any advice or experiences, it will be super welcome!
    Thank you!!

Offline Cheeky31

modify
    Any London info events?
    « Reply #4 on: 9/11/17, 21:41 »
    Hi Bluebb,
    So pleased you found the show useful, we were there too. regarding which clinic its difficult for us to advise as we went to Norway but I know from speaking with Tone from Fertility Road that he rates IVF Spain very highly as they have done some fertility journeys with them. We went with our gut feeling on who we felt most comfortable with and who took time to explain things clearly with us, if you go with your gut feeling i don't think you can go far wrong as you will be more relaxed with the clinic you feel comfortable with. If you need any info in general on travelling abroad we are more than happy to share our experience/ tips ( we personally found making travel plans/ liaising with the clinic easy so i don't think you would need the use of a broker- especially with a Spanish Clinic)

Wishing you all the best  Cheeky31 x.