* Author Topic: 6 OE MC's & now DE bfn - any ideas please?  (Read 1549 times)

0 Members

Offline Argybargy

modify
6 OE MC's & now DE bfn - any ideas please?
« Reply #10 on: 31/10/17, 19:28 »
Hi Strawberry Sundae....Sorry to hear about your story..

Iíve had two mcs and two bfns .. all with own eggs. I am now pg with twins, early days, but have never got this far before.  ^pray^

Changes for me, dh always had zero motility but all other tests were fine, however we went to dr Ramsey who did find high Ros, so was put on antibiotics.

I should have had a hysterscopy after my second mc, because if I had it would have shown that I did have scar tissue and there was a big chance that was the reason the 3rd cycle failed. I had a hysterscopy before my fourth cycle.

Other things, pgs tested for the first time. Used menopur instead gonal f. Double trigger instead of one shot of ovitrelle. Boy was it painful!. Historically I have never got more than 2 embryos. First cycle only one low quality one and that was when I was at my youngest (obviously!). But with this cycle I got four and all four were normal.

Oh And a shot of pregnyl straight after transfer (never had that before either). So many variables as you said but I canít help feeling one or all of these things made a difference in this cycle. So I hope this helps..

Good luck xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline StrawberrySundae

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #11 on: 31/10/17, 20:47 »
    Thank you Argybargy  ^hugme^ I'm very curious to see what the hysto will show! Even if it's nothing at least I'll have ticked it off! I wonder if I have scar tissue too. I nearly had one last year  ::) Congratulations with your twins! It sounds like you checked a lot of things out, really worth doing. All the best xx

Offline Laquinn

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #12 on: 31/10/17, 23:27 »
    Thanks Strawberry  ^hugme^

Have you had a full thyroid panel with antibodies done? I'd definitely get immunes done again.  Here's a link about gluten and thyroid disease: https://chriskresser.com/the-gluten-thyroid-connection/

Offline esj

modify
    « Reply #13 on: 1/11/17, 11:10 »
    Hi Strawberry Sundae
    Im so sorry to hear your news... I just had a BFN last week from my OE FET at Serum. Both pretty devastated. We only transferred 1 blastocyst but still had high hopes as it was AA and clinic said we had a good chance. Kind of wish 'Id done a scratch now too but we never know what the real cause is do we? I feel that was my last OE cycle being 45 now so the next step is DE if OH agrees. Did you stay with Serum for DE? Thats where we will go if it happens.
    I hope all the amazing advice on here helps you with the next round. Sending love and good luck to you
    XX

Offline StrawberrySundae

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #14 on: 1/11/17, 11:13 »
    Laquinn yes had them done last year, antibodies around 400 I think (need to check!) Avoiding gluten is so difficult! Thanks for the link, very scary!  :o All this info is really useful thanks xx

Offline StrawberrySundae

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #15 on: 1/11/17, 11:22 »
    ESJ thanks so much and  ^hugme^ to you too, I'm so sorry about your bfn. Serum do produce high quality looking embryos, such a shame they don't do pgs testing, altho I'm familiar with the arguments for & against. No I didn't stay with Serum but will have a hysto with them as I've heard so many positive things about it, I want it doing thoroughly and my NHS consultant said I didn't need to bother having one!

I know it's so hard to find the exact causes of things  :-\ I did Serum's 2 cycle package, twin mc the first time and then a bfn. They seem to have good DE results tho.

Take care and sending you lots of love & luck as well xx