* Author Topic: BFP Due Date July / August 2018  (Read 35869 times)

0 Members

Offline sm89

modify
BFP Due Date July / August 2018
« Reply #110 on: 30/01/18, 13:27 »
Hi All,

Can I join you? Had IVF treatment the end of last year and had our 3 month scan yesterday. Didn't want to join until I knew all was okay with baby but had harmony test all low risk and got to see our baby boy wriggling everywhere yesterday  :) Due the 6th of August.

Annilee - Sorry to hear your suffering with bad nausea and exhaustion. I had nausea early on but it seems to have eased now. I can imagine it to be much worse with twins.

Dreamer - Exciting about your gender scan. I had the harmony so found out earlier than normal and have been buying ever since! It make it feel even more real  ^hugme^

misssd - hope your anxiety gets better. There is nothing worse  ^hugme^

Hope everyone else is okay! xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline miss sd

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #111 on: 30/01/18, 14:23 »
    Hi sm89 welcome! I think we are very close.  Not had mine dated yet as they couldn't see clearly enough but they think 5th to 8th august.

I didn't realise they could tell the sex so early ?

Offline sm89

modify
    « Reply #112 on: 30/01/18, 14:53 »
    misssd - Yes it sounds like we are close! I was measuring a few days ahead so based on scan measurements would've been the 2nd of August but the midwife said it is more accurate to go with your IVF date. They can't tell you the gender this early on in the scan, we paid privately for the Harmony test which tells you the gender through a blood test. Was expensive though, 400!

Are you having another scan soon seen as they couldn't see clearly enough?

Offline miss sd

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #113 on: 30/01/18, 16:02 »
    Yes I've got another scan week 15 so they can date it properly.  I'll be a bag of nerves before then of course!

We are going to have gender as a surprise. I just feel like everything has been so planned throughout this process I wanted something to be a surprise.  Apart from the fact ill have no idea what its going to look like as its a donor egg - arrggh scary lol xx

Offline sm89

modify
    « Reply #114 on: 30/01/18, 16:16 »
    I know how you feel. I've been a bag of nerves since day 1, had two scares that didnt help the situation but I do feel much better now I've seen him wriggling around. Hopefully your nerves will ease soon.  ^hugme^ Ah that is lovely that you are having a suprise! I would love to do that but I am just far too impatient! My baby is also donor eggs too (my partner's) with a sperm donor so I also have that curiosity on what he will look like. Exciting  :)

Offline miss sd

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #115 on: 30/01/18, 18:11 »
    Yes I've had three bleeds in the earlier weeks so felt like I was just waiting for it to end.  I did feel better after seeing it on the screen. 

Yes it is exciting and ive got quite a big nose so at least it won't have to suffer that haha.  Unless the donor had a big nose 👃

Offline Dory10

• Volunteer
    • Smallest things take up most room in your heart x
    modify
    « Reply #116 on: 30/01/18, 18:56 »
    Welcome sm89 ^wave^ Great news on your screening results  :)

Miss Sd We're not finding out either, it was nice to have that final surprise after the labour!

Hope everyone else is ok xx

Offline longandwindingroad

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #117 on: 31/01/18, 16:22 »
    Hi Sm89!

We're not finding out either - same reason as you miss sd!

Now desperate for the 20 week scan - wish I could have one every week to see how the baby is doing :)

Tried to buy some maternity trousers today but it seems every shop in my neck of the woods just sells online now!

Offline Sallysmiles

modify
    « Reply #118 on: 1/02/18, 13:40 »
    I have found maternity clothes are a nightmare to buy! only can find them in mothercare so bought things in the sale but other highstreet stores i agree all do online only!

Offline Dory10

• Volunteer
    • Smallest things take up most room in your heart x
    modify
    « Reply #119 on: 1/02/18, 16:15 »
    If your struggling to find high street maternity wear try H&M most stores stock at least the basics, leggings, tops & jeans and I've found they last well and are reasonably priced otherwise I've ordered lots from different online places New Look, Debenhams & Dorothy Perkins but then used the free returns labels or taken them back into store.