* Author Topic: BFP Due Date July / August 2018  (Read 35886 times)

0 Members

Offline Sallysmiles

modify
BFP Due Date July / August 2018
« Reply #150 on: 20/02/18, 10:58 »
would anyone be interested in a brand new Doppler? Ebay mucked up and i ended up with 2? 25? pm me if you would like it x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #151 on: 20/02/18, 17:47 »
    Hi Sally I'm interested in the Doppler and will message you now. Thanks

Offline Clarabelle71

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #152 on: 20/02/18, 22:23 »
    Ladies iam i the only one with terrible constipation? Iam 14 weeks. Any advice what i can take?
    Also having a lot of headaches. Sickness has improved.

Offline 0Dreamer0

modify
    « Reply #153 on: 20/02/18, 23:07 »
    Clarabelle- Yes, had this too. It's horrible Have found lots and lots of fruit is helping and gentle excersize every day ( lots of walking at a gentle pace) as well as drinking lots of water . Your headaches maybe caused by the toxin  build up from the constippation and or dehaydration, although there could be other causes. I found once the nausea eased, I couln't stop eating which only made the constipation and headaches worse. Do you wake up feeling dehydrated? I just can't seem to drink enough water.

If it gets really bad for you and gentle laxatives are not helping. I remember last pregnancy being prescribed laxative pessaries which eventually helped get it all going , as well as blended kiwi !! Maybe your GP would do that for you?

Sally- your poor  dad in law. I remember you saying ages back he was in intensive care. It has been so long jow he has been there and how Worrying  for you all. Your husband must be exhausted going every day after work too. Upsetting for you too. Is he showing signs of getting better?

You will get to spend time with hubby and hopefully soon x

Yes you are having a baby :) and are a mum now and nothing can take that away. You buy what feels comfortable for you. I think the buying comes with allowing yourself to bond with your babe. That is not an easy thing to do for lots of expectant mums and comes when it's right for you. As soon as I found out the gender at 16 weeks, I've brought bits, well lots of stuff actually!

Sm89- Sorry for my influence but I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks long stretches between NHS scans are too long  ;) only 3 more sleeps . A baby show sounds fun.

Ruby- Only 2 more sleeps for you  :)

Off to a psychic show tommorow night, haven't been to one in years.

Offline lollipops

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #154 on: 21/02/18, 21:03 »
    Hello ladies!

I'm so pleased I can now join this thread.  I've been too scared to join before I had my 12 week scan.
    I went today and saw a hugely active baby. Literally didn't stop moving! It measured a week ahead so I am now 13+5. Due date is 25th August with a view to me not going over the 31st august which is my IVF due date. So I am probably going to be one of the last ones on here to have a baby, you all seem so much further down the line than me. But its lovely to read how your all progressing  :)  few familiar faces from the 'early scans' thread - Hello  :) 

Hope to get to know you all! I'm a very anxious person and just getting to this point seems surreal.

Offline Clarabelle71

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #155 on: 21/02/18, 21:34 »
    Dreamer thank you. Yes i do wake at night dehydrated , and in the morning. I always have a glass of water beside my bed but its never enough. I didn't think headaches could be related but yes could be. Ive got prunes and mum bought me a very high fiber cereal but i will try to drink more and more fruit juices if still bad will ask doctor.

Offline 0Dreamer0

modify
    « Reply #156 on: 22/02/18, 06:52 »
    Lollipops- Hello  ^congrats^

Clarabelle- keep at the water and prunes are good, especially prune juice. The dried ones you have to be careful with though  as can cause bloating with the added preservatives.

Morning everyone :
    Noticed the daffodils and blossom are started to bud where we live.. Hooray! Spring is on the way. We are so lucky to be having summer babies, all those pram walks later on where we can show off our babes  :)

Offline sm89

modify
    « Reply #157 on: 22/02/18, 08:56 »
    Dreamer - How did the psychic night go?  :) You are a bad influence but glad I've booked now. Had anti natal appt yesterday so got to hear his heartbeat but it's just not the same as seeing him on the screen wiggling around. How are you feeling?

Lollipops - Congratulations  :) Lovely news! How are you feeling at the moment? I didn't join until after my 12 week scan either. Hopefully we can all relax a bit now

Clarabelle - Hope your headaches get better, I had dehydration too at the beginning but it seems to have eased now, although I am drinking a lot of water now compared to what I was before I was pregnant so maybe thats why. Get to the docs if it doesnt improve.

Hope everyone else is ok  :)

Offline ruby81

modify
    « Reply #158 on: 22/02/18, 15:37 »
    Hi everyone!

Lollipops - great to see you on this board now too! It seems crazy to that our dates are so close and out of the same clinic too! Think we were a week apart at the start and I've moved ahead too, though not quite as much as you. My due date is now 20th August.

Dreamer - I love your positivity, all I can think of is what a big, sweaty mess I'll be all summer rather than idyllic country walks with bubba!

Clarabelle - I feel your pain with the headaches, these last few days I've had a permanent headache. I hope this isn't going to last the entire second trimester, they do say headaches can be at their worst now. I've struggled with the constipation since EC! I've found that a big spoon of linseeds in porridge or cereal for breakfast really helps, along with some fybogel every couple of days. Prevention is definitely better than a cure for me, I get so miserable and irritable when I'm bunged up and the usual bloat is even worse!

sm89 - We still had 9 embryos going strong at day 3 so when we arrived for transfer on day 5 to be told we only had 1 to  transfer (1 other was still surviving but not good enough to transfer or freeze) I was completely gutted. I hadn't expected many but 2 or 3 would have been nice! I felt convinced that if all the others had gone then it was inevitable that this one would too. I still can't believe it's survived!! Good luck for your scan at the weekend! I'm slowly dropping hints to DP that I want another scan soon too.

Sally - What an amazing and exciting feeling! And something you'll remember forever I'm sure. I hope your father in law gets better soon. Must be such a hard time for you and your OH.

Ruby - good luck for your scan tomorrow. Must be a relief to have your surrogate back on home turf again!

Afm, nothing much to report apart from headaches and ever increasing bloat! Id like to think it was a proper baby bump developing but I still feel like it's  just bloat! Though I'm quite petite so I'd imagine I must start showing fairly soon?! I've still not told anyone I'm pregnant though I'm sure being on desk duties at work means plenty have guessed! People keep telling me I'm losing weight and my face is thin and I look ill which I'm getting a bit fed up of! Especially as I'm already wearing a size up in my jeans and bursting out of them!
    I've not bought anything for baby yet and think I'll still be holding off for a while. But I did buy a few maternity dresses online for the summer cause they were in the sale! I really want a couple of new bras cause although my boobs aren't sore I find the underwires really uncomfortable and I've definitely gone up a cup size or so. But I went to get measured in Mothercare and the assistant just looked at me and said 'I don't need to measure you, I can see you're very small'! (How rude!!) And then proceeded to bring me entirely unsuitable sized bras until I got bored and left!! Next port of call will be m&s!
    I've got an appointment with the consultant in a couple of weeks. Would I be right in thinking that I won't get a scan then? I really want another scan before my 20 week one but don't want to book private if there's a chance I'll get one when I see the consultant.

Offline Northernegg

modify
    « Reply #159 on: 22/02/18, 16:08 »
    Hi ladies

Im so happy to finally have graduated to your board after what feels like a torturous wait, I had my 12 week scan today, my baby was jumping around in there and its measuring 13w2d with a due date of 28th August so i may be the last one to give birth. Im glad i just managed to squeeze onto this board because its my first baby so id much rather read everybody's experiences ahead of mine as ive no idea what lies ahead!

Ruby i just sent for some maternity dresses from ASOS, they've got quite a lot of maternity clothes in the sale (though some of its questionable), its hard knowing what size to send for, did you just get your normal size or do we size up in preparation for the impending bump? Somedays i think ive got a bump but then i think its mostly just bloating and constipation... looking forward to finally show and not just look and feel fat.