* Author Topic: BFP Due Date July / August 2018  (Read 36872 times)

0 Members

Offline lollipops

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date July / August 2018
« Reply #160 on: 22/02/18, 16:32 »
Hey Ruby! My due date is the 24th - possibly moving to the 31st if no appearance of baby by then  :)  I'm 14 weeks tomorrow  :)  lovely to 'see' you here! How rude of the mothercare women! You will have better luck at M&S I'm sure  ;)  I got a new bra around 11 weeks and had gone from a 32B to a 38C  :o  positively huge on my frame  ;D  not complaining! I'm in maternity clothes now, but this is my second pregnancy.  However a lot is still bloating at this point. You'll know when its a proper bump as it feels firm, your belly button changes (mine has gone from an inny to an outy  ;D ) and you may get a line starting to form down your bump. It will all come, by 20 weeks you'll have a noticeable undeniable bump! If not before if your slight framed  :)  does it say on your maternity book at the back that your having a scan & seeing cons? Or just cons?

Dreamer - my DD is a july summer born. Trust me bring pregnant in summer isn't great  ;D  and hospital was like an oven! However its lovely to have sunny days in the garden with them (even though your paranoid its too hot for them and they are frying to a crisp  ;D ) what is nice about summer borns is their birthdays, its lovely to have a birthday in mid summer and we've had some great outdoors parties over the past 5 years with our DD.

Northern egg - hello lovely! Fancy seeing u here  ;)  our due dates are days apart - I'm either the 24th Aug but not surpassing 31st Aug (which is my ivf due date) I'll be with you on the last baby being born on this thread!

Afm - was slightly saddened my due date didn't roll over into sept. Selfishly because of the school intakes and getting an extra year at home with little one before starting reception year- but hey ho! I've got one july born, so looks like a Aug born for this one.

Just praying I get that far and all goes well from here on in  ^pray^

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline miss sd

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #161 on: 22/02/18, 16:35 »
    Hi Ladies

I haven't been on for a while my anxiety has been getting the better of me.

I am now 16 + 4 and had a scan on Monday.  All looked fine on the scan and my EDD is 5th August.

They have told me as I will be 40 I should be induced on my due date.

I had the downs syndrome blood test and they called me today to say I am high risk, 1/21.  I asked them if they knew it was Donor Egg and they didn't have that info (how???  its all over my notes!!).  They then called me back later and said taking that into account I am still considered high risk - 1/150 but only just apparently.

As you can imagine this has done my anxiety the world of good.  We would still go ahead either way but considering having the harmony test as I would prefer to know before I give birth so I am prepared and its not a shock.

I have ordered some maternity clothes.  I cant fit into my work trousers anymore.  No mean feat as I'm 6ft but I have found a shop called Tall Maternity Store so ordered some off there.  Hope they are ok.

Hope everyone else is doing well.  Sorry for no personals - will try and keep up a bit more.

Offline ruby81

modify
    « Reply #162 on: 22/02/18, 17:46 »
    Great to have you on here too northernegg, congratulations on passing 12 weeks! Your little one is due on my birthday! And only 8 days behind my due date. Lollipops and clarabelle are due around the same point too. I raided the asos sale too! And next clearance! I've bought my usual size in summer dresses and they seem to have loads of room. I went for less clingy styles that are meant to fit throughout pregnancy.

Lollipops - my boobs have gone from 32c to 34d. Not a huge increase yet but I've noticed a bit more growth again this week! I can't wait to get an actual bump and not just look bloated!! My hospital didn't mention a scan, just that I'd need to see a consultant. And the receptionist didn't bother to even write the appointments in my book. (I'm not a fan of hers already, she very obstructive!!) We had the same thoughts about a September baby but our nephew has just been kept back a school year cause he was close to the September cut off so he'll get an extra year at home/nursery and start school as the oldest. Apparently it's really easy to request to start a year late these days.

Miss sd - I've been considering the harmony test cause I just don't feel I can trust the NHS ones. I hate that it can be so subjective and they can make such mistakes. DP isn't keen on paying for the Harmony but it's been playing on my mind for a while. Like you, we would go ahead either way but we'd like to be prepared before birth.

Offline sm89

modify
    « Reply #163 on: 23/02/18, 09:15 »
    Northern - Congratulations  :) I held off too until I'd had 12 week scan. Will you find out what you're having?  I think I'm also going to need to get some maternity clothes soon. Even my leggings are uncomfortable now and got no chance getting into my jeans! Did your midwife go off the babies measurements or off your IVF date? We were measuring ahead last time but the midwife said she's still using my IVF dates. Weird how some are different  ^idiot^

ruby - I know the feeling. We had 5 still going strong at day 3, then on day 5 two good ones and one morula so I did expect one to be frozen. I was gutted the next day but it does only take 1 and we must have strong embryo's  :)

misssd - If I were you I'd definitely have the harmony test. It is expensive but worth it to know either way. I've heard so many bad stories about the nhs test mis-diagnosing etc.  ^hugme^ We had it done at 10 weeks. Hope your anxiety eases  ^hugme^

Offline ruby81

modify
    « Reply #164 on: 23/02/18, 18:40 »
    Had a call from the clinic to say my haemaglobin is low so had to go for more blood tests today and the consultant wants to see me on Tuesday now, 2 weeks ahead of my original appointment. I know anaemia is extremely common in pregnancy so not quite sure why the consultant needs to see me early?! I'm trying not to let it worry me!
    I'm a little annoyed cause my gp surgery don't do bloods for the hospital I'm using so my midwife wouldn't do my bloods at the booking appointment. And the hospital maternity receptionist refused to bring my scan appointment forward or arrange bloods before it for me so it's taken to 14 weeks to pick it up! Still, hopefully it explains the increasing headaches, dizziness and shortness of breath and will be easily sorted cause I've definitely been struggling this week!!

Offline 0Dreamer0

modify
    « Reply #165 on: 23/02/18, 18:56 »
    Lollipop- Our girls were born in May and Yes indeed to summer parties  ^pompom^ We've had a few of those out in the garden, over the years.  Too hot is definitely not good though and neither are wasps, forgot about those!

Sm89- The psychic night was interesting. There were a few on point messages but others quite tenuous. Not sure I'd go to a show like that again. A development workshop the psychic ran  looked appealing though.

I'm ok ta, only 2 more weeks until the 20 week scan. Roll on  ::) Getting lots of twinges today from both babes moving which is lovely. Your show tommorow and scan, have a fab day.

Ruby81- Hate the  cold so tend to idealise the summer. Somehow that English sunshine never does what it is meant to.

Yes go to M&S, Mothercare's loss and Marks have a great choice of 'gentle'   ;D bras. I've been cheating lately and hiding my bbs under my baggy jumpers. Can't face the digging in underneath!

Every Consultant appointment I've had has been after a scan and is planned like that in  future. Have you a community or GP attached Midwife you could call and get them to check the system and find out? Not worth paying out as you say, if you have an imminent scan with the NHS.

Northern egg- Welcome  :) to you and your babe. You just made it as a summer mum.

At 18 weeks with twins, I'm in the same dress size maternity wear as when not pregnant . However, I'm wondering how long that may last . Currently the boobs bit and leg bit are baggy in a size up in Mat wear but the bump bit is getting tight. Bit of a dilemma really. You may be ok and get away with it with one and petite.

Found some fab leggings in Peacocks, really good quality and high over bump. 9 , bargain!

Not long and one day you will think is my bump there, or isn't it there, then just 'POP'  ;D and there's no longer any doubt about it.

You can hang on to your 4 year old for another year if you don't feel they are ready at 4 to start school. The law has recently changed for summer born children. It may impact on 11+ later non, if that is on the horizon but apart from that an August born child would only be a month older from their classmate, September birthday peers.

Miss SD- Peace of mind could well be worth going for the harmony for. I did read on another thread on Fertility friends of another expectant mum in a similar position to you. She deliberated but in the end went for the harmony and all was ok. On the plus side if you wish to find out the gender you get a nice surprise a lot earlier than usual .  ^reiki^ Positive vibes all ok  :-*

Hooray for tall maternity wear  ^clapping^

Offline 0Dreamer0

modify
    « Reply #166 on: 23/02/18, 19:09 »
    RUBY81- That's good the consultant wants to see you, maybe because it's gone on a while and they want to check all is ok , whilst you are there for bloods anyway. Sounds reassuring they are now doing something about it. You should feel so much better soon too

Offline lollipops

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #167 on: 23/02/18, 19:23 »
    Dreamer - I will pop into Peacocks to look at leggings, I ordered some over the bump ones from eBay and they are rubbish, but didn't want to invest in proper ones with it being early days, but I am going to have to just start investing now. I'm not so fussed about summer borns starting school, my daughters in year 1 now and the second youngest in the year ( July baby) , and does just fine, she loves school and being youngest doesn't hold her back one bit. I just selfishly would have loved another year with her at home with me, however that is a totally unfair and only really would have benefitted me  ::)  I knew a lot can depend on individual personalities though. Your right summer birthday parties are the best, however I'm concious that this next baby will have its birthday in the summer holidays and some of my friends have rubbish turn out for their children who's birthdays fall in the summer holidays. My daughters birthday is just before the schools break up so we've not had this problem. However at least it will keep costs down with lower numbers  ;D

Ruby - have you managed to find out if your having a scan and seeing your cons? Maybe speak to your community midwife and see if she can find out for you?

Miss sd - I am sorry you've had confusing results back, I know how that must have flared up some anxiety. Although your new odds with the info of your donor egg are much better and very good, but I understand the whole thing rattling you a bit. I keep reading of people getting this harmony test, maybe it's worth it to just knock the worry about it on the head?  ^hugme^

Offline 0Dreamer0

modify
    « Reply #168 on: 23/02/18, 21:19 »
    Lollipops- of course, August babies mean long  summer holidays and other children being on holiday etc . Haven't considered that one in a while. That's difficult. Our girls Birthday is during May half term so when we have done parties we do them week before they break up..

You are very unselfish wanting to be with your child, was just thinking of a way around it if needed/ suited you all. All the August babies I've ever known have done very well at school indeed.

Going to bed soon, fresh sheets and my maternity pillow. Heaven... Can't wait  :)

Offline lollipops

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #169 on: 24/02/18, 08:48 »
    Dreamer - fresh sheets!! That really is the best feeling ever isn't  it! Can't wait till I'm big enough to need a mat pillow, those bad boys are amazing  :)