* Author Topic: BFP Due Date July / August 2018  (Read 38735 times)

0 Members

Offline longandwindingroad

• Un-Ranked
modify
BFP Due Date July / August 2018
« Reply #180 on: 26/02/18, 14:39 »
My friend advised me to sleep with a cushion between my legs as it keeps your spine more in line. I was getting growing pains/cramps in my thighs and bum! haha its really helped!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline lollipops

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #181 on: 26/02/18, 16:38 »
    In my last pregnancy I use to use a preg pillow and also get DB to prop pillows up against my back to stop me rolling onto my back. I am only 14 weeks at the min so still sleeping on my back

modify
    « Reply #182 on: 26/02/18, 22:48 »
    Hey, I donít have time to do personals now- too much marking (teacher...) but I have read how everyone is getting on and itís great to see so much good news.
    I had a private scan at 19 weeks as my NHS one was a bit later than it should have been and I wanted to check everything was ok. Both my twins are well and kicking...and both are boys. Both opened their legs and flashed their bits! I was a bit surprised as I had hoped for one of each but hey, two boys it is!

Offline Clarabelle71

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #183 on: 27/02/18, 03:01 »
    Ruby81 i know we told the obgyn last time we went and she was insisting. At first i thought maybe we will have to but i will call clinic and tell them we don't feel comfortable getting the pap smear when i will be 16 weeks next week. I don't mind getting one later but this pregnancy is stressful enough because of previous loss.
    Thanks ladies for advice on constipation. Its still happening even with high fiber foods.
    At 12 and 13 weeks i had a few times i felt a slight fluttering in my stomach which i thought may be the baby, now 14 and 15 weeks i don't really feel anything. I know when i was at a scan at 13 weeks baby was dancing away and i could not feel it so maybe its normal to not usually feel it yet? Or maybe as ive had a sore stomach and constipation problems i haven't noticed it.

Offline Clarabelle71

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #184 on: 27/02/18, 03:02 »
    Favouritecolourblue congrats on your twin boys.

Offline lollipops

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #185 on: 27/02/18, 09:59 »
    Favouritecolourblue - your name suits your babies!! Two boys!! Lovely news, my ivf friend has two twin boys, adorable! Trust me girls are a nightmare in comparison  ;D

Offline lollipops

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #186 on: 27/02/18, 10:02 »
    Clarabelle - I didnt feel my daughter move until closer to 20 weeks and even then it wasn't totally obvious. Its exciting waiting to feel those movements! I hope mine is a mover this time, with mu daughter I was in and out of hospital with reduced movements all the time! I want a really wriggly one this time!  ^pray^

Offline ruby81

modify
    « Reply #187 on: 27/02/18, 21:28 »
    Hi ladies, hope you're all keeping well.

Favouritecolourblue - good news everything was fine on your scan. And 2 boys, how exciting!

Clarabelle - although I've no first hand experience, everything I've read suggests that you're not likely to feel the baby move until sometime between 16 and 20 weeks. Normally later in a first pregnancy as we don't know what we're looking out for. Like you say, the discomfort with the constipation etc can't help.

Afm, we had our consultant appointment today and she was lovely. She just went over a lot of the same medical and family history stuff that the midwife had done. And I'm going to stay consultant led due to combined risk factors of ivf/age/pcos and apparently im 'quite small' so they want to monitor baby's growth more closely too. We also got our trisomy test results back and we came out low risk with is a relief.
    The one concern we have is that I'm anaemic but they don't know why cause all the usual causes (low iron, b12 or folate) are all completely normal. The consultant said she'd never come across it before and so will need to liaise with a haematologist to try and find the underlying cause and treat it. Obviously I'm now panicking about what it could be but trying to keep a lid on it and remain sane until the consultant calls me with some news!

Offline sm89

modify
    « Reply #188 on: 28/02/18, 09:05 »
    Favouritecolourblue - Congratulations  :) Twin boys, how lovely! Now you can get thinking of names etc

Clarabelle - I also haven't really felt any movements, just flutters but my placenta is at the front so I've been told I wont until after 20 weeks probably. I hope I feel movements then to put my mind at ease. I think it's normal at this stage not to feel movements so try not to worry.

Just looking for some advice, yesterday I had mild pains lower abdomen and last night I woke up during the night with intense stabbing pains in the same place. I've googled it and it looks like round ligament pain but still cant help but panic. Has anyone else had this?

Offline lollipops

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #189 on: 28/02/18, 09:51 »
    Ruby - glad you had a good chat with consultant.  Strange about the anemia , hopefully you'll get a call soon about what they suggest doing.  I wouldnt worry, its prob a simple fix!  ^hugme^

Sm89 - yep i had riund ligament pain with my DD, very sharp and painful at times. Its common and normal and as long as no bleeding perfectly fine  ^hugme^

AFM - I've got a very dodgy tummy.  Keep needing a number 2. Very odd as I was constipated, now its loose? Anyone else finding this? Im worrying!