* Author Topic: BFP Due Date July / August 2018  (Read 38066 times)

0 Members

Offline twinkletoesb

• Un-Ranked
modify
BFP Due Date July / August 2018
« Reply #20 on: 16/11/17, 20:45 »
Whoop whoop sally! That's fantastic news!! So pleased for you! I don't blame you for booking another scan in a few weeks, it's nice to have that reassurance.  I've got a scan booked for next Thursday. My gynecologists who carried out my monitoring scans suggested to my gp that before she prescribed all of medicationI will need a scan at 6 weeks to see if it's as viable pregnancy or not. If it is then I can carry on taking the meds up until 12 weeks. I feel really anxious about the scan now. Fortunately my gp has agreed to prescribe them for me. :) I have had my hcg blood test, as requested by gennet, but still waiting for the result.

Fairyallen congratulations!! And welcome! Sending lots if good luck for your scan tomorrow xx

Shadywheat congratulations  on you bfp and welcome!!! Your hcg has shot up in numbers so that's surely a positive sign! Did you have your treatment local to you? I think my gp feels sorry for me as I went over to Prague and the aftercare is poor! Hence why my gp has prescribed the medication for me. If the clinic was in the UK  I don't think she would have  prescribed as anything! But it's worth a try asking your gp as it's very expensive.

Ive felt sick as dog since the weekend and I am also feeling really tired, in bed and asleep  By 9.30pm!  However A small part of me is glad I'm feeling like this as I think they are positive Pregnancy signs and I have now stopped POAS they were getting bloody costly too! Hope everyone is ok xxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #21 on: 19/11/17, 20:53 »
    Thank you Twinkletoes! Yes they are pretty high betas.... am a bit worried in case it's twins (v unlikely) or a molar, but hopefully its just one super healthy baby.

That's great your GP was so helpful. Mine has been pretty rubbish since we got turned down for IVF on the NHS and wouldn't help us with much. I had treatment at the Lister.... so maybe they think because we can afford that we can keep on paying!!! I've booked an apt after my viability scan next week.... didn't really want to tempt fate before then  ^pray^

Sorry to hear you've been feeling so sick. Hope your betas look good and good luck for your scan on Thursday! It's the worst waiting for it, isn't it... I wish there was a little window in my belly to see what's going on. Still waiting for some 'proper' symptoms to kick in as I would find that reassuring. I'm 6 weeks tomorrow and have just started feeling quite knackered, in addition to sore boobs and needing to wee all the time! Also quite a lot of hot flushes - I normally feel the cold quite a lot so it makes a nice change.

Hope everyone is well and wishing us a happy and healthy 8 months or so! xxx

Offline twinkletoesb

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #22 on: 26/11/17, 09:34 »
    Hey,

how is everyone doing?

I've had a rough week. My beta last week was a great result at 29850  no wonder I Felt so sick! I went for a scan on Thursday as I was bleeding on the Wednesday and fortunately it showed one single embryo with a twinkerling heartbeat so relieved and very happy! The bleeding did stop on Thursday but it started again yesterday and passed a a few clots too. The bleeding has now sudsided and I phoned the EPA and they said to keep monitoring the bleeding, if I do start bleeding again to go to A&E for a scan. So today I'm resting up in bed hoping everything is ok and on top of this I'm still being sick but this is a great sigh right? My heads a mess at the mo!

Shadywheat my gp is not being too helpful the moment. She prescribed me 2 weeks of medication and transferred my care over to my gyne who did my monitoring scans so I will have to get a private prescription. :( Hope your ok and good luck with your scan xx

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #23 on: 28/11/17, 16:44 »
    Twinkletoes, I am so sorry to hear you've been having a stressful time. Hoping that the bleeding has eased off now? I had a similar experience a few days ago..... are you on clexane and aspirin? The Lister told me that combo may have caused bleeding....as they couldn't see any other reason.  I think it's good that you're still being sick as that indicated high HCG levels, and resting up sounds like a good idea.

Was convinced that everything was over at the weekend as I had a very heavy bleed on Friday night - gushing when I stood up and passed some large clots, but it had stopped by Saturday morning. I called the EPU but they wouldn't see me till this week and I would have needed a referral from my GP. I didn't want to go to the local A&E because I hate Stevenage hospital! I had my viability scan booked for Monday anyway, and thankfully everything looks fine. One very healthy embryo with a heartbeat and gestational sac measurements spot on. No sign of bleeding on the scan, but I had a consult with the nurse afterwards and they have asked me to keep an eye on it and call them if it happens and/or go to A&E. I'm worried that it's likely to happen again (or if it happens at work) as I have to stay on clexane and aspirin till 12 weeks. But so so relieved that everything looks good! And I've been very lucky and have hardly any symptoms at all - just thirsty and a bit tired. It's been very emotional but so lovely to see the baby. DH couldn't stop looking at the pictures afterwards. Booked into see the GP tomorrow so fingers crossed they'll help us a bit with the meds...

xxx

Offline Sallysmiles

modify
    « Reply #24 on: 28/11/17, 17:56 »
    Oh Twinkle and Shady so worrying so hope it's all ok you do hear a lot of girls bleeding and all ok.

We got our secon scan next Monday I will be 9 weeks. I'm so worried that the heartbeats gone! I can't believe it's all going so well so far!

Had an evenful day woke up with terrible wisdom tooth ache so went to dentist and I have an infection! So on antibiotics to clear it. He said it won't harm the baby so I've taken them. Problem is I couldn't open my mouth wide enough to eat breakfast then started to feel sick from not eating!  Hopefully antibiotics will kick in soon!
    Xx

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #25 on: 29/11/17, 19:03 »
    Sally, oh no that sounds horrible! Yes, I think antibiotics are fine to take no worries. But that's horrible that you felt sick because you couldn't open your mouth! Hope the pain is better today.... x The wait between each scan/step seems endless. I think we will do the next scan at 10 weeks, the week just before Christmas. I'm debating whether to do Harmony + 10 week scan together.... is anyone else thinking about it? I don't know what I'd do if I came back with a high risk scan result though....

Just got one more work trip to Sheffield this week and then I can start to take it properly easy. I can't wait! GP spectacularly unhelpful today (as expected). Refused to help us with meds or blood count tests for steroids so I will have to continue to pay privately for those until 12 weeks. Oh well, I suppose a drop in the ocean compared with what we've already spent. It just annoys me that NHS turned us down for treatment because I had DOR and they said I had low chance of success, now that I'm actually pregnant, they refuse to help me stay pregnant! 

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #26 on: 29/11/17, 19:03 »
    Hope everyone else is well and that all little bubbas are staying healthy xxx

Offline twinkletoesb

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #27 on: 29/11/17, 21:38 »
    Hello all!

Shady Iím so Sorry to hear about your bleed at the weekend. itís so scary and you canít help but think the worst! I spent the whole of Saturday evening thinking the pregnancy was all over! I was so upset and I was planning in my head about telling people Iíd miscarried and when to start treatment again, it was just awful.
    Good news though I went for a private scan today and the lady had a good look to see if she could find any cause for the bleeding but there was nothing apart from a normal looking embryo measuring at 8 weeks so Iím very happy and relieved again! Shady Iím so so pleased your scan went well too! Iím on clexane too so it could be a contributing factor. Iím sorry your gp didnít help with your meds i went to see a different gp yesterday to see if he would sign me off work (because Iím vomiting several times throughout the day now) and prescribe me the meds. The first he did the latter he wouldnít! He said I would have to go private as there is absolutely no way he would prescribe anything itís up to the clinic to prescribe them for me :( oh well it was worth a try.
    Sally, sorry to hear about your tooth, there is nothing worse then toothache hope your feeling better soon! Hope your scan goes well next week, thatís come round really quickly!

Take care and I hope everyone else are doing ok xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline ShadyWheat

modify
    « Reply #28 on: 2/12/17, 16:59 »
    Twinkletoes, that is great and reassuring news, I'm so pleased for you and the little bean! You must have been so scared but it's wonderful that you got to see the embryo and it all looks good. I know what you mean, I spent last weekend in the same state, thinking it must be all over, worrying about how to take time off work in case I needed a D&C and planning when I could try and have my frozen embryos transferred next year.... it was so worrying. Lister definitely seem to think clexane could explain it - I had another big bleed on thursday, but I thought it must be ok having seen a heartbeat on Monday afternoon and Lister agreed, said it was most probably clexane and to write to my consultant to see if he suggests coming off it. I don't mind either way, if it's the only side effect I have to put up with, I can do it for another 4 weeks.  I'm resisting the temptation to scan again until at least 9/10 weeks if I possibly can.... Sorry to hear your GP was also unhelpful about the prescriptions, it's so frustrating isn't it, it just feels like they could help us with some of the drugs, maybe not the extras like clexane etc, but certainly things like progesterone.

Hope everyone is having a lovely relaxing weekend and doing well

xxx

Offline miss sd

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #29 on: 4/12/17, 20:53 »
    Hi ladies can i join?  Very very esrly days but got my BFP today !

It's my third round of IVF (first using donor eggs)

Feeling relieved and happy but also very cautious due to previous m/c.  Hopefully it will stick though!