* Author Topic: BFP Due Date July / August 2018  (Read 36913 times)

0 Members

Offline lollipops

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date July / August 2018
« Reply #240 on: 19/03/18, 14:58 »
Ruby81 - lovely to hear from you and I am pleased the blood work isnt showing anything sinister  ^hugme^  however I appreciate it must be tiring and frustrating not knowing why or how this has happened. Sounds like your under a good care team and baby is doing just grand. Really hope your feeling well again soon. ^hugme^

Sally smile - "full briefs" that's all i am saying  ;D

18 + 3 for me and still no movements  :-\

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline 0Dreamer0

modify
    « Reply #241 on: 19/03/18, 18:57 »
    Clarabelle- feel for you, that sounds really hard going. Is that a private scan? If not, would youu consider that? Hope you get those blood and NT results ASAP.

Sally- Big granny ones. Im usually a size 10 and now wearing the biggest, Unglamourous undergarments out there. size 18 bloomers  ;D my belly is about the size of a 25/26 week one or maybe more. ^hugme^
    They are VERY comfy, fashion is left for outer  dressing only.

Ruby81- A relief to hear that nothing untoward is going on, still a worry for you but a relief babe is ok. Roll on next week and your scan/ cons appointment. You just keep resting and growing your babe and taking care of yourself  ^hugme^

Offline ruby81

modify
    « Reply #242 on: 20/03/18, 11:58 »
    Clarabelle - I really feel for you that they wont tell you anything at your scan. If they're checking for any issues do they tell you at a later date? Is it a case that they want to review any information before relaying it to you? From what I've read about the 20 week scan in the UK they tell you of any issues at the scan appointment but it has occurred to me that it doesn't leave much room for error or for the scan to be thoroughly reviewed by someone more senior if needed? And in general medicine they wouldn't normally tell you results on the spot. At our 12 week scan we asked if we could video the baby moving on the screen but we weren't allowed to :( Do they not tell you the gender at all in Canada, even privately? If they cant tell the gender at my scan next week i'm going to pay for another scan privately i think.

Sallysmiles - Apparently there's no NHS antenatal classes near me at all!! Both my midwife and hospital are in different areas and neither offer classes near me and when i use the search function on the NHS website it just gives me options of private classes! :o So looks like another expense to fork out! Are you able to find out if there are current classes running and turn up at one of those to try and book direct with the teacher for the next block of classes? I can't help with any knicker advice cause i'm still hardly showing and still fit in my usual big pants! But let us know how you get on cause i don't know if i should buy under or over the bump when the time comes!!!

Lolipops - What a shame that they didn't let you listen to the heartbeat at your 16 week appointment. Did they say why? perhaps ring up and ask if they'll let you next time? Even if they say 'no', at least you'll know beforehand. Great that you got to see everything was ok at your private scan though and how lovely that DD can be a part of it all now too  :) How are you doing with the anxiety now?

Dreamer - Sounds like your 20 week scan was lovely, if not a little rough! I always feel a bit tender after a scan, i guess its normal. What an awful thing to happen with your house damage, especially mid pregnancy - just another stress you don't need. I hope its getting sorted and the insurance aren't being awkward for you.

sm89 - Hope your scan went well? I'm with you on the exhaustion! I'm literally in bed by half 8 most night at the minute, completely wrecked! Im sure we're meant to have more energy in the second tri!! Hopefully it'll ease soon for you.

Offline sm89

modify
    « Reply #243 on: 20/03/18, 12:29 »
    Ruby - Thank you. My scan went well. Baby was in an awkward position so didn't manage to get a photograph but all measurements looked good and nice strong heartbeat. Always feel reassured after seeing him wriggling around. Still feeling pretty wiped out ended up taking yesterday off work just to lie in bed and relax. Think it's done the trick as feel much better today. Hope your exhaustion and dizziness etc eases soon too! Glad your blood results have gave you some reassurance  ^hugme^

Sally - Cant help with that as I'm still not showing much so still in my regular bigger underwear and clothing. Seem to look more pregnant of an evening which is strange! How are you feeling?

Clarabelle - that is strange that they cant tell you anything at 20 week scan. Could you pay private to find out the gender? Hope you are well.

Annilee - Sorry to hear you're not feeling good. Hope it eases soon for you.

Hope everyone else is well.

As for me 20 week scan went well. Baby was wriggling everywhere so sonographer decided to do all of the measurements before showing me the baby. All measurements looking good and baby is fine. My placenta is still at the front which is why I haven't really felt proper movements yet, still just fluttery type feelings. So happy to be at the half way mark though!

Has anyone started thinking of names etc yet? It is SO hard!

Offline ruby81

modify
    « Reply #244 on: 20/03/18, 14:04 »
    Annilee - Iíve got no twin experience so I canít offer any advice but I hope everything is ok for you and that the weekly scans give you good news and reassurance.

MissTee - I think we all struggle with anxiety around our pregnancies to some extent. Sometimes itís just so hard to believe that itís really happening and everything will be ok. But weíve come this far so we need to try and remind ourselves that the odds are finally stacked in our favour!  I hope youíre doing ok.
    The nhs website says the following about what the scan looks for - It looks in detail at the baby's bones, heart, brain, spinal cord, face, kidneys and abdomen.
    It allows the sonographer to look specifically for 11 conditions, some of which are very rare.
    anencephaly
    open spina bifida
    cleft lip
    diaphragmatic hernia
    gastrochisis
    exomphalos
    serious cardiac abnormalities
    bilateral renal agenesis
    lethal skeletal dysplasia
    Edwards' syndrome, or T18
    Patau's syndrome, or T13 
    It says we will get the results on the same day.

Sm89 - So glad your scan went well! A shame you couldnít get a picture but all the wriggling and good measurements and heartbeat is great news! Good for you taking a day off, we need to put our bodies and babies first. Sometimes we just need a break.

If Iíve missed anyone on the personals Iím really sorry!!!

Offline Clarabelle71

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #245 on: 20/03/18, 18:38 »
    Thank you, yes we could book a private scan after if they cannot tell us anything.

Gosh that is alot of things the sonographer looks for. Iam praying ours goes well but does not help when i cannot even be told everything looks good. Just adds to anxiety if they say nothing. X

modify
    « Reply #246 on: 20/03/18, 20:37 »
    Good to see most people are getting on ok. Annilee, sorry to hear about your TTS. Looking at twin pregnancy forums on social media it looks like many people have very successful interventions with it so I really hope they can sort it out for you. Have you taken advice from TAMBA? They seem to have very clear and detailed info for issues with twin pregnancies. Best of luck to you and both your babies xxx

I can feel one twin really well but not the other - one never stops kicking me in the ribs and stomach and one never moves. I think the lower twin I saw ok though as I have seen him move on the scans- I think it is just to do with positioning.

Offline Clarabelle71

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #247 on: 22/03/18, 21:19 »
    My screening came back low risk so very pleased.  ^cloud9^

Next up anomaly scan 27th.  ^pray^

Offline 0Dreamer0

modify
    « Reply #248 on: 22/03/18, 22:49 »
    Clarabelle-fab news on the screening results :)

Sm89-yay to the 20 week
    Scan milestone

Ruby81- thanks, and wondering if we have thinner skin and less ab muscles and therefore we feel so
    Battered after scans? A little theory I'd been pondering.

Still waiting for a visit from the loss adjuster, really stressful.

Not long until you see the cons now. and have a way forward. A relief babe is ok It seems like your consultant  is really looking out for you and on the ball. Hope you get some relief from those symptoms soon  ^hugme

Called in to work sick today, really annoyed as it was just a typing up day but felt so rough, dizzy, exhausted, breathless, I just couldnt concentrate. At the midwife appointment the day before I said I'd suddenly felt rough over the last two days and after she checked my BP and said it was low (90/50) and arranged for my bloods to be taken to check my iron roo. How lucky was that, to have an appointment scheduled  as I was going downhill!

Got the matb1 at the appointment too, when the midwife handed it to me, it hit me how far along we all are here now. Half way and just passed. Hooray .

How is everyone else feeling?

Offline Northernegg

modify
    « Reply #249 on: 24/03/18, 10:05 »
    Hi everyone its been a while since ive been on here so good to see that you're all doing well. Hope your feeling better Dreamer and the time off work has helped.

I had my midwife appointment at 17 weeks this week and got to hear our babies heartbeat which was amazing, now on countdown for the 20 week scan. Im just curious, who has or is planning to find out the gender? We were going to, then we weren't and now im thinking i want to find out again, i just cant decide!