* Author Topic: BFP Due Date July / August 2018  (Read 39169 times)

0 Members

Offline Clarabelle71

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date July / August 2018
« Reply #320 on: 18/04/18, 09:44 »
Sallysmiles sorry about OHs dad. Glad he knew about the baby and the baby will be a precious part of him.

Annilee that dream made me chuckle. Though might have been scary at the time.

22 weeks but not felt baby all day , tiny bit tonight i think. I will never stop being anxious until i can feel the baby all day and night long. Went a nice long walk in the park but had to slow down pace as walking fast i was getting stretching pains. Of course being off work and having been sick this week iam not mobile enough. DH is doing more cooking and cleaning.He even bought masks so i don't pick up my parents chest colds.x

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline sm89

modify
    « Reply #321 on: 18/04/18, 09:50 »
    Favouritecolourblue - Hope you're feeling better. Sorry you're break wasn't the relaxing break you'd hoped for. Look after yourself  ^hugme^

Clarabelle - I'm 24+3 now and feel some sort of movement every day although they're still random and sporadic and not always what I'd describe as kicks. I suppose it varies depending on how people interpret the movements too. My midwife said from 28 weeks it should be regular.

Annielee - Definitely easier said than done. The fact that we're feeling movements is a good sign just looking forward to when they are in a regular pattern so we can relax a bit more. Glad you can stop worrying about your studies now  :) That must be a relief! I'm also having weird dreams about the baby being born and being a tiny elf when the midwife told me he'd be at least 14 pounds! Crazy

Dreamer - Thanks for updating on the swimming. I might go soon then too  :) and the tips on maternity costume. I'm off to Spain in a months time so need to get some new swimwear!

Sally - Sorry to hear about your OHs father. I do hope it brought you both some comfort that he knew about the baby before he passed. I'm sure he'll watch over you all.  ^hugme^

Nothing new to report from me except I went to see a consultant yesterday who said I've been referred as it's an IVF pregnancy but she doesn't believe that I'm high risk so I've been referred back to midwife led care. I have an anti natal appointment next week and then I'm going to book a 4d scan for around 28 weeks. My partner has been away the past few weeks so she's back Friday and going to make a start on the nursery! Exciting  :)

Hope everyone else is good! Flying by now girls

Offline Clarabelle71

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #322 on: 19/04/18, 22:06 »
    Sorry to keep bringing up movement but it seems now into my 22 weeks i feel its changed from slight fluttering at times to more a feeling of vibration, but more often. Does this sound familar? X

Offline 0Dreamer0

modify
    « Reply #323 on: 19/04/18, 22:28 »
    Sm89- exciting times, holiday and nursery to look forward to. If all going well with you and  babe is growing nicely, then midwife care should be fine.

George had some lovely flattering fit maternity cossies. Funny because at the spa we went to there was another heavily pregnant woman in the red sporty one and I had the blue spotty one. We looked at each other and pointed, such a weird moment and then both said simultaneously, I didn't know they did it in that coulour 😂

Clarabelle- I remember having vibrations and still do down below on my cervix. If the sensations you are having are stronger than the fluttering on occasion then sounds all normal as if babe is building up their strength. 22 weeks is very early Im sure to be detecting strong movements and patterns.

26 weeks today and have on and off movement days but can vaguely work out more active periods. The movement has become very strong when there but has steadily built up from around 18/20 weeks from a slight bubbling feeling to full on punches and rolls.

Offline Annilee

modify
    « Reply #324 on: 21/04/18, 02:17 »
    Clarabelle - I wasnít really feeling much movement either really until recently. I just took reassurance that they are very active everyday time I go for a scan 😊👶🏽

sm89 - exciting weekend planned starting to sort the nursery then? We are going to Ikea this weekend to get some finishing touches for the nursery 😀

Dreamer - I am 26 weeks today too! Well yesterday, as I now lie here awake in the small hours of the morning 😒 I have noticed sometimes the movements are a lot stronger now too. But other times they are still quite subtle and I imagine when Iím busy working away I probably donít notice a lot of the subtle movements! Oh well its the weekend now though so I can relax and pay more attention to the babies 😊

AFM - Had my latest scan this week and the consultant is still happy that the little one is growing enough each week. She wonít catch up to her sister now but thats OK. He also mentioned in 4 weeks time heíll probably start me on steroids to help develop the babies lungs. Dreamer did you have that with your first set of twins? I look at it as a good thing in that the consultant is planning for them to come early which is OK for me, because I am definitely not one of those women who is loving pregnancy 🙈 Iím on a countdown already to meeting the twinnoís and getting my body back! 🤣 xox

Offline 0Dreamer0

modify
    « Reply #325 on: 22/04/18, 05:39 »
    And I lee- great news about your girls. Our identical girls were born with one quite smaller than the other, it seems to be the norm with identicals unless TTS takes over completely and the difference in weight is very significant. It sounds like your girls will be ok and just as a precaution you have had the steroids. I had them  at 24 weeks as our girls  were monochorionic/Monoamniotic. The consultant wouldn't let me go beyond 32 weeks with them as too high risk so that seems a good sign you have had the steroids later. If the girls do need to come early, it shouldn't be too early.

Yay to nursery prep. The fun bit  ^banana^

Despite all the hard stuff, I love being pregnant but totally get why you wouldnt and admire your honesty  ;D I'm wide awake at 5.35am typing this because I have pulled my upper back from overdoing it and now in real pain.

After birth, the first night sleep without a massive bump is heaven, albeit a wistful experience too  ;)

Carrying twins is not easy. Have you read too that when you get to 28 weeks you will likely measure as if 40 weeks pregnant with one baby ? ::) I feel like that now... Term!  can't imagine another 11 weeks !!  Hubby has been kicked out of our bed now as not enough room for him and all the support pillows. Something had to give  ;D

On the subject of sleep and lack of it, I meant to say ; Your dream was so weird, wouldn't even know where to begin on the psychoanalysis of that  :o

Offline sm89

modify
    « Reply #326 on: 25/04/18, 13:52 »
    Dreamer - I'm also really enjoying pregnancy so far. Hope the pain in your back eases! Good idea kicking your husband out to make room for the support pillows!  ;D love it

Annilee - We've made a start by emptying the room completely and have the changing station up and filled. Still need to paint one of the walls so leaving the rest of the furniture until that's done. Hopefully this weekend if my nagging works  :) Glad the consultant is happy with the growth. I bet you can't wait to meet them! Twins will be just fab!

Clarabelle - Easier said than done but try not to worry too much. I spoke to my midwife a few weeks ago as I was also worried about movement and she really put my mind at ease. Everyone interprets movement differently, for some what they'd describe as a kick might be a flutter to someone else. I'm only just feeling strong movements the past week and I'm 25+3 now. Also if your placenta is at the front like mine it could be cushioning a lot of the kicks.  ^hugme^ The vibrations you've described definitely sound familiar.

Had my anti natal appointment today and all is still ok with me. Bump still small but getting there  :) She listened to heartbeat with a doppler and it was nice and strong. No more scans now of NHS apparently unless they are concerned with growth. That feels weird! I am planning on booking a 4D scan but I've read that because I've got an anterior placenta I need to get it done before 27 weeks. I'm 25+3 now so that doesnt leave much time. Was just wondering if anyone else with an anterior placenta has had one done around this time? Don't want to get it done if it's not worth it so any advice will be appreciated  :)

Hope everyone else is doing good. Weeks are flying by now!

Offline Annilee

modify
    « Reply #327 on: 28/04/18, 06:09 »
    Dreamer - its good to hear your experience of the steroids. As they came so early at 32 weeks did they have to spent quite a lot of time in hospital? Also did the steroid injections hurt? Iíve heard they leave horrible bruises! 😕
    Wow no I hadnít heard that at 28 weeks you measure the same as 40 weeks!! One week to go then until Iím ď40 weeksĒ then! 🤣 My OH has also been kicked out the room for same reasons as you! 🙈

Sm89 - hope the nagging works and you get all painting finished this weekend 😋 Thankfully I havenít had to nag as my OH has been more excited then me bless him! I think Iíve just been so tired all the time Iíve let him crack on with it all!

Now Iíve finished uni I feel I have a bit more brain space to start helping with the getting ready for the twinnoís. I am definitely starting to feel more excited too. The next milestone in my head though is finish work as its a very tiring job due to being so mentally demanding. Not long now though, I finish on the 31st May! 😄 Iíll be 32 weeks then. When is everyone else planning on working up until?

xox

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #328 on: 28/04/18, 08:31 »
    2 weeks before, but that may be unrealistic! x

Offline 0Dreamer0

modify
    « Reply #329 on: 28/04/18, 15:22 »
    Wrote a post then lost it :(
      Anilee- after mega needle self administered,  progesterone in oil shots in the first trimester I have to say the steroids were not very memorable. From what I remember it was just a sting then a bit tender for next day or so. If needles aren't a phobia of yours, It isn't mega. Well done on completing uni and now you are in that last stretch until work stops. I booked mine from 36 weeks . Liken you its the mentL focus that is proving hardest.

Lucky we have compliant OH's  ;D

Sm89- back ache gone thank, now ive room to use the mega v pillow that has made a difference. 

Not know much about 4D scans , have you decided on what to do?

Had loads of tightenings last week for about 48 hours. Got it checked out and the Dr's and midwives at the hospital were lovely, so kind about it and took me seriously. Got a growth scan moved forward and they measure 2lbs each now and growing on par with one another . The Cervix is long and hard still (thank god) and the babies have moved totally then moved back again, which may explain twin twos lack of movement over that period. Since then theyve not stopped the partying in there all night and day !

How is everyone else getting along? Ruby81 how are you ? And our other Ruby ? How are you feeling, you been at all the scans etc?