* Author Topic: BFP Due Date July / August 2018  (Read 39167 times)

0 Members

Offline Clarabelle71

• Gold Member
modify
BFP Due Date July / August 20
« Reply #340 on: 2/05/18, 15:13 »
Sally, glad your diabetes test was well and you and dh heal from the loss of the family member.

Sm89 my father is also diabetic but not enough for injections just higher dose metformin. I can book my appointment online and could still wait a few weeks if i really wanted. Still wondering if baby starves during test or if placenta still feeds baby during fasting hours. Iam always hungry right now too, and think of chocolate, biscuits, cakes all the time.

I looked into neo natal classes, or care for infants but they need to be paid for privately here in Canada. My sister had her son in England and i know you get gas and air there but think here in Canada they don't give gas and air. I had kind of liked the idea of it though may end up with a c section anyway. My friend also in England said she picked music for her c section so she could feel more relaxed while getting it done. X

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline lollipops

• Gold Member
    modify
    BFP Due Date July / August 2018
    « Reply #341 on: 2/05/18, 15:15 »
    Hello ladies.

I haven't been on here for a while. I was really struggling with my anxiety but have been having regular counselling sessions to try and help me.
    I am now nearly 24 weeks (on friday) and already huge.
    Still getting very sporadic movements and it causes me a lot of stress and panic some days.

Roll on August!

Hope you and bumps are progressing well. Can't believe some of you are due in July ! Really not long away now! My DD is a july baby  :)  this little man will be late August.....two summer babies :)

Offline ruby81

modify
    « Reply #342 on: 2/05/18, 16:38 »
    Clarabelle - Book your test for first thing in the morning then itís only a few extra hours longer than youíd normally go without eating overnight anyway. In terms of baby, thereís nothing to worry about, itís only a matter of hours without eating. Think how babies still thrive and grow when their mothers have severe morning sickness and canít keep any food down for weeks on end, and thatís normally early in pregnancy before the placenta has even taken some of the strain. Your little one will be fine for a few hours.

Offline ruby81

modify
    « Reply #343 on: 2/05/18, 17:47 »
    Lollipops - Iíve been wondering how youíre getting on. Are you finding the counselling helpful? Take getting huge as a positive sign that baby is growing well in there!

Sallysmiles - hopefully getting everything ready for baby arriving will be a welcome distraction for yourself and dh after such a tough time.

Sm89 - Iíve not got anterior placenta but the sonographer gave us a little look (and picture!) of the 4d scan when I was only about 21 weeks and it looked amazing, even that early on. Have you asked the scan place their opinion on having it? Hopefully theyíd be quite honest with you about likely results and maybe wouldnít charge full price if you couldnít get good results?

Ruby100 - how scary that your surrogate was sick and so far from home, thank goodness sheís alright.
    Weíve been test driving the prams too! Iíve been obsessively researching them for a while but still havenít really got a short list. We want an i-size car seat to go with a travel system but not many of them seem to be compatible. I like the Silver Cross Pioneer, Mamas and Papas Ocarro and UPPAbaby Vista at the minute but still plenty more research to be done!

Annilee - Well done on getting uni out of the way, that much be a relief! And not long till the end of the month when you can finish work. I admire you girls carrying twins, I canít imagine the extra strain and stress!

Dreamer - sounds like everything is going well for you, despite needing to get those tightening checked. At least they took you seriously and were able to put your mind at ease.

Afm, after being told they would definitely have a diagnosis after the bone marrow biopsy, I returned for the results 2 weeks later and they were inconclusive which is apparently practically unheard of. So, they Ďthinkí Iím clear of anything too nasty like leukaemia but as none of my results seem to present as they should, they really canít rule anything out 100%. I continue to have blood tests for more and more obscure things and they are monitoring my haemoglobin levels, which although still low are remaining relatively stable. In the words of my haematologist, Ďthe plan now is to do nothingí!! After birth they will look at more invasive testing.
    Basically for now they will liaise with my obstetrician who will decide the best way to manage the rest of pregnancy and birth. Iím seeing her next week so hopefully we will have some kind of plan now we know my bloods will remain untreated. Iíve been having extra scans for growth and thankfully baby is still growing well. They will only give me a transfusion if there is no other option as with my blood type thereís quite a risk to future pregnancies. I feel increasingly tired and dizzy and breathless but Iím resting a lot at home and doing plenty of research on baby things, Iím making the most of being a housewife!  ;D I just feel so grateful to have reached 24 weeks with baby appearing to be doing well. Each week now is a week closer to him hopefully arriving safely if he needs to come early.

I hope everyone else is ok. Sorry if Iíve missed anyone in the personals xxxx

Offline Annilee

modify
    « Reply #344 on: 2/05/18, 19:07 »
    Dreamer - good to hear you cant remember the steroids they obviously cant be that bad 😊 wow well done on planning to work to 36 weeks with the twinnoís!

Ruby100 - Iím not surprised your heart stopped when you heard about your surrogate. It must be really difficult! Hope all is back to normal with her now. Yea weíve bought loooads of stuff. To be honest probably pretty much there now, which is good as I may not have long left until the twins arrive.

Sm89 - hope you got some stuff sorted out and are looking forward to your long weekend in France. Yes weíve brought loads of clothes for the twins and also had lots of hand me downs from friends which is awesome!

Sallysmiles - good to hear there is finally some closure for all of the family and you can now move your mind onto baby things 😊 I start my leave the same day as you!

Ruby81 - I might have missed some of your story previously sorry, so is the issue more of a risk to you then the baby? It must be frustrating that theyíve said they are not going to do anything now! As long as the baby is ok though right and they can then get back on with tests after baby has arrived? 😊

AFM - hospital have now decided that they will book me in for a C-section between week 32-34. So that means the babies will be here in 4-6 weeks. I still remain on weekly scans and if the flow in the umbilical cord to the little baby reduces any more then they will bring the date forward before week 32. Iím feeling OK about it all though 😊 xox 

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #345 on: 2/05/18, 20:52 »
    Clarabelle, I didn't find the drink at all unpleasant.

x

Offline Clarabelle71

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #346 on: 2/05/18, 21:23 »
    Ruby81 iam glad the biopsy did not show anything and hopefully everything is better with bloods after pregnancy.

Lollipops hopefully as we are getting past viability you will feel better. Ive started to feel better but probably will worry again prior to delivery.

Wow Annilee 4-6 weeks are so close. Glad you are so closely monitored and looks like you will be the first delivery on this board. Have you picked out names?

Having trouble finding unisex clothes. Dh did not want to know gender so i never asked the doctor yet. Best wishes to everyone else and enjoy reading everyones updates. Glad the glucose drink is not too unpleasant. X

Offline 0Dreamer0

modify
    « Reply #347 on: 2/05/18, 22:40 »
    I must have deleted my post update notification by mistake! Loads going on and great to hear that everyone  is well and their babies and most of us are at/ skimming/ past viability. .

Just checked in to FF before I fell asleep and noticed all the activity. Will be back over the next day or so to read all pages.

:-* night lovely ladies

Offline sm89

modify
    « Reply #348 on: 3/05/18, 09:01 »
    Clarabelle - Do you have instagram? There are lots of children's boutiques on there that do unisex neutral coloured clothing. Might be worth trying to find some local to you  :) It's so exciting that you don't know the gender! Wow didn't know you were from Canada. I went on a road trip there a year or so ago and it was my favorite place so far! Planning on taking the baby back in a motorhome maybe next year or year after!

Annilee - We did thanks. All baby furniture is up now apart from wardrobe and we have painters coming next week to do that before we put the wardrobe up. France this evening only packed last night so was a bit of a mad rush but all done now! Can't believe your babies will be here so soon! You will be the first of this group  :) Exciting

ruby81 - Thanks. We ended up having the 4d scan last night. It took quite a while for the baby to get in the correct position and needed help from fizzy drink, chocolate and bouncing on a ball but eventually we got there. Placenta was slightly in his face but got some good photo's and was lovely seeing his little face and expressions. I'm glad they think everything is okay with you and that they'll continue to monitor you  ^hugme^ Fingers crossed for a plan next week for you.

lollipops - Sorry to hear you've been struggling with your anxiety. Hope the counselling sessions are helping somewhat.  ^hugme^ It's easier said than done but try not to worry too much. I was the same a few weeks ago movements were so sporadic but they've really kicked off now so I'm sure yours will soon. Lovely having summer babies, lots of summer birthday parties/bbqs

Offline Clarabelle71

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #349 on: 4/05/18, 21:02 »
    Yes sm89 i live in Canada, but since i had my ivf in Cyprus liked the UK board. I was born in UK and my sisters live there. I live in Victoria which is a popular place for tourists. I don't have instagram. Yes not knowing the gender is exciting but if my dh had not wanted it as a surprise i would have foundout lol. At 47 we are not likely to have a second, but have one frozen embryo left. Maybe there is more unisex clothes in England so could ask sister and her girlfriend to bring over a few things as visiting in June.

Ive been getting more uncomfortable sleeping. I will switch sides but especially my right side rib area will hurt and i will move over to other side. Iam fine when up but maybe i will need a pregnancy pillow.

Iam so excited to be having a baby, though we will have to find our own place after the baby comes. Would be too much for elderly parents to live with a baby though excited too. Apartments are so expensive and not heard back from my sick leave yet. Makes a huge difference to go from two wages to one. X