* Author Topic: BFP Due Date July / August 2018  (Read 38791 times)

0 Members

Offline 0Dreamer0

modify
BFP Due Date July / August 2018
« Reply #430 on: 3/07/18, 12:47 »
Hi ladies, hope you are all enjoying your bundles or your last few weeks with your bumps and mat leave.

Sally- hope all is ok.

Update on our babe's is that:
 On Thursday, I have a sweep booked and Friday at 37+1  go in to be induced as both twins are now vertex. They are head down and ready to go, which was a total shock as had given up on a natural birth. Wasn't keen on induction but as both head down now there is an optimum chance for a natural delivery, so want to get in quick in case the twinnies move again!

Mentally pepping now, mind over matter and all that..

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Clarabelle71

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #431 on: 4/07/18, 07:39 »
    Great news Dreamer. I hope induction goes well for the twins. You've done so well getting close to 37 weeks.

Hope everyone is enjoying time with new babies, and good luck to those waiting.

Appointment and scan went well at 33+1 Baby measuring 50th percentile so smack in the middle. So good as i have gestational diabetes. Also placenta moved up.Did not get the horrible doctor this time. Nice male doctor. He drew a graph of a curved line and showed weeks 38 and 39 at the bottom saying they are smallest risk. He also thought i should get induced week 39. He said if labour is slow they could take me for a c section. Iam to go back in 3 weeks for a stress test for baby. Diabetic clinic they were fine with my numbers and i go back in 2 weeks. X

Offline 0Dreamer0

modify
    « Reply #432 on: 4/07/18, 09:29 »
    Morning and thanks Clara. It sounds like the appointment went really well, what with the kinder Dr and great news on babe. 50th centile is just perfect  :) Also, that is reassuring about the induction. Very.

Offline sm89

modify
    « Reply #433 on: 5/07/18, 09:32 »
    Hi All, Not long to go now! Hope you are all doing ok!

Dreamer - I did speak to my midwife for advice but she said its likely to be the baby's position and it could be like this until I give birth. She suggested baths, and just keeping on top of taking paracetamol etc. I've been off work with it the past few days but I'm working from home today and tomorrow. I can deal with the pain it's the lack of sleep it's giving me, but hey ho better get used to that  :) Good luck for today with your sweep and getting induced tomorrow! Your babies will be here before you know it, so exciting.  :) Hope all goes well, look forward to reading your update when babies are here.

Clarabelle - Glad your appointment and scan went well, all sounds good and glad you got a nice doctor this time around.

Hope everyone else is good. I'm being sent back for a growth scan on Monday as I seen the midwife yesterday and I'm still measuring small. I've had two so far and baby is around 50th centile so hopefully he's still growing good and it's just me/his position.

Offline 0Dreamer0

modify
    « Reply #434 on: 6/07/18, 09:13 »
    Sm89- hopefully being home will help, you may sleep better now you are not working as more relaxed and that may have a knock on effect on the pain.

50th centile is average so not sure why he would be small? He may be more chunkier than long and come out bigger at birth.

Induction today thanks for the good luck wishes.. Feel really calm and had a great nights sleep. Not a show, cramp or even a contraction after the sweep but can definitely feel baby A is even lower now.

Back soon  :)

Offline sm89

modify
    « Reply #435 on: 6/07/18, 10:39 »
    Thanks Dreamer. I know, it's frustrating. The past 3 midwife appointments they measure me, and because I'm measuring small they send me for a growth scan but each time the baby is measuring fine. Must just be policy that they have to send me in for another one.

Glad you're feeling well today.... Can't wait for your update  :) Relax & speak soon

Offline Clarabelle71

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #436 on: 6/07/18, 14:45 »
    Dreamer good luck. Iam still unsure what they do for a sweep or induction so if you ladies could tell me the process later i would love it. My obgyn had a labour class last night but dr did not talk about induction.
    Looking forward to more baby news.
    Sm89 iam also 50th percentile, iam sure we all measure differently. Iam to get another scan in 4 weeks. Sister is visiting and told me her 3 kids came at 35,38,38 weeks so first was quite early. Makes me think i better hurry up and buy the baby bed and prepare hospital bag. Also there is a pre admission paper for hospital i did not even hand in yet as we could not decide to request a private room or not. My dh's coverage only covers cost of semi private but that was free anyway. Private room is an extra $195 per night. X

Offline Clarabelle71

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #437 on: 7/07/18, 23:26 »
    Sally and Dreamer, keep looking for your updates. Hoping labour goes smoothly and quickly. X

Offline Sallysmiles

modify
    « Reply #438 on: 9/07/18, 12:53 »
    Hi !!!!!!!
    Well heís arrived!!!! His name is William and he arrived 3rd July by C Section weighing 8lbs! (Not the 9lb baby they thought! Had to buy smaller clothes lol

We went into hospital in the Saturday morning had a pessary that stays in for 24 hours to hopfully get cervix ready be able to break waters but it didnít work so I had another on that lasts 6 hours that didnít work and so had another! This started contractions but cervix wasnít playing ball so they decided C Section and had him quite quickly after that! C Section was fab! I felt safe and in good hands in fact I found it all rather fascinating! Asking what was being done and why and how it works!

Then they lifted him up and we saw him for the first time so emotional after all the heartache and he is truly beautiful we canít believe how perfect he is.  We love him so so much!

So good luck to all of you if any of you are having C Section itís fine!! Nothing to be scared of and even now just 6 days on I feel remarkably good. Yes ok I wonít be doing any sit-ups soon but itís all good. Also Iím breast feeding!
    Heís on my lap now asleep in the garden and I canít stop staring at him.

I look forward to seeing all the babyís due! Xxx

Offline 0Dreamer0

modify
    « Reply #439 on: 9/07/18, 15:52 »
    Just checking in ladies as still under the induction process. Just like Sally! Secondpessary in. Will fill you in later Clara when it is all over. Ultimately, I think you just need to be mentally prepared for all eventualities if you go down this route.

Fantastic news Sally  :) on the birth of your not so big little man . Cheered me right up. He is gorgeous.
                            ^itsaboy^ CoNgRaTuLaTiOnS  ^itsaboy^

After all this wait he is finally in your arms. So lovely .chuffed for you x