* Author Topic: BFP Due Date July / August 2018  (Read 35932 times)

0 Members

Offline Dory10

• Volunteer
  • Smallest things take up most room in your heart x
modify
BFP Due Date July / August 2018
« Reply #90 on: 22/01/18, 19:50 »
Dreamer We've had bad snow too, we went to visit friends and luckily stayed over so missed driving in the worst of it!  Our hospital doesn't offer any services like that although it's a good idea to bring some money back into the maternity department.  I've got a scan at 16 weeks anyway but we're not finding out xx

JohoJo ^wave^ Welcome, Wow what a lovely surprise, you're about the 5th FF lady I know who this has happened too recently xx

Sally You said you thought boy, Once he's in your arms it won't matter at all, Glad alls well xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline 0Dreamer0

modify
    « Reply #91 on: 22/01/18, 20:43 »
    Not long Dory to see your babe again. Having  mini reassurance milestones helps you get through.

Has anyone found at scans that the sonographer doesnít listen to the heart beat any more?

Had 3 so far. At the 9 week one the heart rates were measured but we wernít allowed  to hear it, neither at the 13 week. Was told it is because they donít  like to focus the beam on such a tiny heart. Was a bit worried as there was quite a discrepancy between twin 1 and 2ís heart rates (nearly 20bpm)

Offline hle

• Gold Member
    modify
    « Reply #92 on: 23/01/18, 06:46 »
    Hi dreamer

I Had scans at 6, 8 and 12 weeks and didn't get to listen or a bpm. My scans were on the nhs. I was told I could listen to the heartbeat at my 16 week midwife appointment, but never mentioned why they didn't give me a bpm. x

Offline 0Dreamer0

modify
    « Reply #93 on: 23/01/18, 07:37 »
    Thanks hle,  Looks like its the generic new way to go with regards to hbís.

Offline Sallysmiles

modify
    « Reply #94 on: 23/01/18, 10:40 »
    NHS scans havent listened to heart beat only yesterday at my 16 week midwife appointment. (but ive bought a doppler and listen to it a lot ;)

Offline 0Dreamer0

modify
    « Reply #95 on: 23/01/18, 10:59 »

Morning, which doppler do you use, may get one too?

Offline Sallysmiles

modify
    « Reply #96 on: 23/01/18, 12:38 »
    I got the Sonoline B baby fetal doppler off ebay. its better than i thought it would be to be honest i love it! just make sure you get the gel if it doesnt come with it x it was about £25 brand new

Offline 0Dreamer0

modify
    « Reply #97 on: 23/01/18, 14:35 »
    Thanks, sounds a bargain x

Offline Dory10

• Volunteer
    • Smallest things take up most room in your heart x
    modify
    « Reply #98 on: 23/01/18, 21:49 »
    Dreamer I think it depends on the hospital with regards to hearing the heartbeat at scans. Our local hospital never has audio for heart beat on scans but at the larger hospital in the FMU they automatically turn it on at the beginning of the scan then off as they concentrate on the scan.  Xx

Offline 0Dreamer0

modify
    « Reply #99 on: 25/01/18, 11:18 »
    Ah ok, thanks Dory. Purchased a Doppler Off ebay, just waiting for it to arrive.