Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

BFP Due Date July / August 2018

48K views 531 replies 30 participants last post by  Dory10 
#1 ·
BFP due date July / August 2018

Welcome and congratulations on your pregnancy ^Cuddle^ ^fairydust^

If you'd like to be added to the list, please let me know your EDD and if/when you find out whether you are having a girl or a boy, I will put a ^pinkted^ or ^blueted^ Or ^surprise^ if you want to stay Team Cream next to your name.

[csv=]
Name, EDD, Flavour, Arrived

Eg Someone Happy, 01/08/18, ^surprise^, ^pompom^ 4/08/18
Sallysmiles, 05/07/18
FarleyAllen, 05/07/18
Neeni, 12/07/18
twinkletoesb, 14/07/18

[/csv]

Happy chatting! Any questions or concerns, please do get in touch with me. ^Cuddle^

Grey xx

See less See more
#27 ·
Hope everyone else is well and that all little bubbas are staying healthy xxx

#28 ·
Hello all!

Shady I’m so Sorry to hear about your bleed at the weekend. it’s so scary and you can’t help but think the worst! I spent the whole of Saturday evening thinking the pregnancy was all over! I was so upset and I was planning in my head about telling people I’d miscarried and when to start treatment again, it was just awful.
Good news though I went for a private scan today and the lady had a good look to see if she could find any cause for the bleeding but there was nothing apart from a normal looking embryo measuring at 8 weeks so I’m very happy and relieved again! Shady I’m so so pleased your scan went well too! I’m on clexane too so it could be a contributing factor. I’m sorry your gp didn’t help with your meds i went to see a different gp yesterday to see if he would sign me off work (because I’m vomiting several times throughout the day now) and prescribe me the meds. The first he did the latter he wouldn’t! He said I would have to go private as there is absolutely no way he would prescribe anything it’s up to the clinic to prescribe them for me :( oh well it was worth a try.
Sally, sorry to hear about your tooth, there is nothing worse then toothache hope your feeling better soon! Hope your scan goes well next week, that’s come round really quickly!

Take care and I hope everyone else are doing ok xxx

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#29 ·
Twinkletoes, that is great and reassuring news, I'm so pleased for you and the little bean! You must have been so scared but it's wonderful that you got to see the embryo and it all looks good. I know what you mean, I spent last weekend in the same state, thinking it must be all over, worrying about how to take time off work in case I needed a D&C and planning when I could try and have my frozen embryos transferred next year.... it was so worrying. Lister definitely seem to think clexane could explain it - I had another big bleed on thursday, but I thought it must be ok having seen a heartbeat on Monday afternoon and Lister agreed, said it was most probably clexane and to write to my consultant to see if he suggests coming off it. I don't mind either way, if it's the only side effect I have to put up with, I can do it for another 4 weeks.  I'm resisting the temptation to scan again until at least 9/10 weeks if I possibly can.... Sorry to hear your GP was also unhelpful about the prescriptions, it's so frustrating isn't it, it just feels like they could help us with some of the drugs, maybe not the extras like clexane etc, but certainly things like progesterone.

Hope everyone is having a lovely relaxing weekend and doing well

xxx

#30 ·
Hi ladies can i join?  Very very esrly days but got my BFP today !

It's my third round of IVF (first using donor eggs)

Feeling relieved and happy but also very cautious due to previous m/c.  Hopefully it will stick though!

#32 ·
Hello and welcome favourite colour blue and miss sd. I have my Fingers crossed for you that their sticky little ones xxx

Shadywheat, I’m Sorry you had another bleed but I think you can be reassured that everything is ok because you saw a beating heartbeat a few days earlier and the bleeding did stop so everything should be fine. I keep thinking about booking another scan for next week but keep talking myself out of it! It’s just so reassuring seeing the baby on the screen I’m going to try hold out until my 12 week scan. I’m still being sick several times a day and constantly feel nauseous while it’s reassuring in one way I’ve really had enough of feeling like this!
My midwife phoned me the other day to arrange my booking visit, she’s coming to see me at home next Thursday! I’m very excited it seems more real now! We also discussed the 12 week scan too, I have the choice of 3 different scans! I’ve just gone for the full Nt scan to screen for everything.

Hope everyone is ok xx

#33 ·
Welcome and congratulations Miss sd and Favouritecolourblue! Favouritecolourblue, we are due very close together, my EDD is 16th July! Have you had your first scan yet?

Twinkletoes, sorry you are still feeling so sick, that must be exhausting. I hope you are managing to keep your strength up a bit and that's so exciting about the midwife visit - it must all feel a bit more real now!

I had another big bleed on Sunday night so I got an emergency apt with my GP and was scanned today at the EPU - I thought everything would be fine, but I just wanted to be on the safe side after having two in close succession, and luckily it all still looks good - growth on track and heartbeat there. They can't really explain the bleeding - there was a biggish cyst that may be bleeding, but I think it's probably just clexane + aspirin and I'll have to just chill out a bit when it happens again.  I may scan again at 10 weeks just to set my mind at rest before Christmas. Filling out my forms now for the hospital so hopefully I can have a midwife apt before Christmas too.

Hope everyone and their little beans are doing well xxx

#34 ·
Oh no sorry to hear you had another bleed, shadywheat, it’s frustrating when you don’t know the course. Has the clinic come to a decision regarding stopping the medication yet? I’m so pleased everything is ok you must be so relieved. xx

Hope everyone is ok xxxx

#35 ·
Hello to the newbies!

just a quick update from me I am 10 weeks today and had my second scan a couple of days ago and all was great. Nice strong heartbeat and  good measurements Baby was waving at us!!!! Also had midwife appointment and been given this large plastic folder with my notes in. Booked a flu jab for later today as well. Cant believe its all coming along nicely so far not used to such good news each time!! So just waiting for NHS 12 week scan to come in the post Im hoping it will be before Christmas as I am 12 weeks on the 21st December. Thinking of announcing it properly Christmas day!

#36 ·
Hi ladies thanks for the nice welcome.

Im panicking a bit.  The first two tests I did were really strong lines - darker than the test line in fact.

However ive just done another test three days later and its really feint.  Should I be worried? They were tests out of the same packet  and I did it at the same time of day.  I have drunk quite a lot of water today 2.5 of those medium sized bottles.  Not sure if I've drunk a huge amount more than on the original test date though? I can't remember exactly.

Should I be worried? Wont get my blood tests till Monday. 

#37 ·
Awesome news Sally! How lovely that the baby was waving at you and that is just the best Christmas announcement/present to have. It is tempting to tell our families at Christmas, but I think I'm going to wait till at least 13 weeks (and probably even longer as my mum will just stress me out!!! :p)

Thank you Twinkletoes, I feel quite calm now we have made it to 8 weeks, we would have to be very unlucky for things to go wrong now and it would be beyond my control if it did. HAven't heard from my consultant at Lister about the clexane which is frustrating as I need to buy some more and I don't want to get loads if he tells me to come off it. I might try and pop in tomorrow and see if one of the nurses will get a doctor to look at my notes and make a decision. How has the sickness and nausea been the past few days?

Miss sd, I would try not to worry too much - the best time to do a HPT is first thing in the morning as then your urine isn't dilute from drinking and you don't get such variation in signals. However, many HPTs really aren't very quantitive and sensitive - I got a bit obsessed trying to track mine as I was abroad when I got my BFP and couldn't go in for a beta until I got back and it was really difficult to tell if lines were getting stronger or not. The beta is going to be much more sensitive! Good luck for Monday xxx

#38 ·
Miss sd, fingers crossed for your beta result today, I really hope you have good news today xxx

Sally, I’m so pleased everything is going well for you and it would be lovely if you can have your 12  week scan before Christmas it would be such wonderful news to share with your family Christmas Day! I’m a week behind you as I’ll be 12 weeks on the 27th... I’m seriously on countdown! I’m seeing my midwife on Thursday and I can’t wait! just hope I’m not vomiting too much when she visits me!

Shady, that’s frustrating regarding your medication especially when you need to buy more! Hope you get it sorted soon.
The vomiting has been really bad over the weekend I’ve booked a telephone consultation with my GP tomorrow as I’m really struggling to function. My daughter breaks up from school on Friday and we have several things booked like UK Lapland, pantomime on Saturday and more importantly she is singing in a Carol concert, this thursday evening, at the local church. I’m always sick in the evening! so I’m reluctantly going to ask my gp if he can prescribe me something just to get me through these special occasions plus I don’t want my daughter worrying about me too much, she keeps stating the fact that this stomach bug is going on for very long time! We’re not telling until after the 12 week scan.

Hope everyone else is ok xx

#39 ·
Shady what a relief thst everything is still on track - great news!

Sally - what an amazing Christmas present that will be for your family

Twinkle - hope the sickness wears off.  Woyld it annoy you if i said i am desperately waiting to feel sick ?!  Haha.  Just confirmation that things are happening lol.

Favouritecolourblue- congrats! Think we were both on the 2ww thread.

AFM im completely snowed in so couldn't make it to the hospital for the third blood test! However doc called me and told me the first two results.

14 dp 5dt  896
17 dp 5dt 4127.

I will try and get to the third one but i think those results are quite Good?  My scan is 20th Dec at which point ill be 6 w 5 days. That's when things ended the only other time I was pregnant so I'm pretty nervous about it.

#40 ·
Hi ladies, I’m going to reserve a place on this thread and to quietly in the hope I make it to heartbeat. I’ve seen a sac today and have nevermind made it this far before. I’m still really cautious though. My due date is around 11th August.

I know MissSD and Shady already but hello to sally, twinkle and blue! I am a little behind but hoping to follow everyone’s pregnancies right until the end next summer. Roll on summer 2018!

#41 ·
Hello Espoir welcome :)

I have just had my 12 week scan through the post.... im 12 weeks next Thursday and the scan was booked for the following Wednesday after Christmas so I called them this morning and asked if there was a cancellation before Christmas and they had one for next Friday!! so back on to announcing Christmas day!! :)

#42 ·
That sounds lovely! Even though I’ll only be 7 weeks I’m hoping I’ll make it until then and might play a recording of the heartbeat to my mum on Christmas Day.  Really praying this baby makes it through.

#43 ·
Congratulations  Espoir and welcome. I hope you have a long healthy pregnancy. that would be lovely to play the recording of the heartbeat to your mum on Christmas day.

Miss SD those numbers are rising nicely! have you managed to get out of the house yet? we didn't get any snow down here :( its lovely to see this time of year but no fun being out and about in it, unless your on a sleigh ;D. Miss SD i felt the same as you! I wanted to  have the feeling of nausea just for some reassurance that things where going okay but I want it to do one now!...well maybe after 12 weeks on second thoughts as  i would start panicking if it suddenly went away now!

sally that's great news that you have managed to get a cancellation. My appointment came through the post today and it's scheduled for the 3rd January. it seems ages away!

My GP has prescribed me promethazine- antihistamine. I'm not too happy about it as it is sometimes prescribed to aid sleep, I'm going to be zonked all day!! I'm already sleeping about 12 hours a day/night but I suppose if it stops the vomiting I'll be happier :) xxx

#44 ·
Espoir, that is a lovely idea! The best pressie you could give your mum, it's nice you have such a close relationship  :)

Sally, that's great news that you managed to get your 12 week scan brought forward and that you can announce on Christmas day! It will be so exciting!

Twinkletoes, is there anything else that your doctor could have prescribed that won't make you feel like a zombie? I hope you can make it to your daughter's carol concert now, it must be so hard hiding it from her that you are feeling so rubbish without her worrying. Not long to go now though and then she'll be so excited about being a big sis!

Miss sd - keep hanging in there - only a week to go until the 20th and you hopefully get to see your little one for the first time. I can completely understand your nervousness after what happened to you last time, I'm so sorry, it's a lot to go through. I'm convinced you wouldn't be so unlucky twice, it would be too unfair. xxx

I've booked a private scan for 10 weeks next week just to hopefully reassure myself and get through Christmas and also have my first midwife apt next week too. I was wondering whether to bother with another scan but a close friend had a MMC a couple of weeks ago between scanning at weeks 8 and 12, so I just think it would make me feel better to know what's going on rather than be on tenterhooks over Christmas. Twinkletoes, I am also feeling beyond exhausted, I just cannot get enough sleep at the moment and doing anything is a real effort. But it's the only real symptom I have so I can't complain!

xxx

#45 ·
Hi everyone, and a huge congratulations on your BFP’s!!!!!

Sallysmiles - what an amazing Christmas day you will have, I love that idea!

I’m gald youve all been talking about being thirty as Ive never drank so much water in my life 🤣 But that also means Im getting up 2-3 times a night! 😒

I’m 9 weeks pregnant today with identical twins 😁😁😁 We have our 12 week scan booked in for 16th Jan so I’m wishing time to move quickly as I really want to see the babies again to make sure they are OK, and also really want to be able to tell family and friends!

Today I’m off to the midwife for my first apt. She said we’ll go through things like family history and she can answer any questions I have. Is there any else I should expect at that appointment? xox

#46 ·
Hello ladies, Hope all is well!
I've not been on here for a while as I have been really poorly with nausea and vomiting 🤢 and then rushing around getting ready for xmas.
The GP did finally prescribed me cyclizine but it wasn't that great to be honest. Fortunately, a couple of days later day I woke up and I wasn't sick and no nausea finally my symptoms have passed. I did get a little bit worried and booked myself in for a scan and I pleased to say everything is fine!
Hi annile! Congratulations with your BFP and with Identical twins! Fantastic! Hope your appointment went well with your midwife.

Just wanted to come on here and wish everyone a merry Christmas! [emoji319][emoji320]xx

#47 ·
Hi everyone. It’s good to see so much positive progression on here. I am on my honeymoon in New Zealand. Until yesterday it was all fantastic but I have now started spotting and feel really miserable and stressed. I saw a Dr who was incredibly kind and who advised me to see how things go but to travel to a city for a scan if it doesn’t improve. It is very light and brown so hoping all will be well but I am so frightened about losing this baby (it took four treatments to conceive). I am 11 weeks today and have a 12 week scan booked on my return to the UK in a week. I have ditched the tent and moved into a motel to relax properly.

#48 ·
i was told brown blood or pink is ok. I had it too even went quite red at one point but never needed more than a panty liner and was mainly when i wiped.

Still a worrying time I know as I was but try to keep positive xx

#49 ·
On Christmas day I had some bleeding too. But it was dark and only lasted for xmas day. I worried nonetheless and called the NHS 111. They said it sounded completely fine and I shouldnt worry. They booked me in for a scan tomorrow just to settle my mind really. Im 10 weeks tomorrow.

I did lots of reading up on it on xmas day and after having spoken to a GP as well, I would say dont worry favcolourblue. It seems quite normal for some woman. Positive thoughts have been restored for me 😊

#50 ·
Hi Favouritecolourblue,  I’ve had  dark brown spotting throughout my pregnancy and I have had a couple of bright red bleeds too. The EPA never seem bothered about the dark old blood only the fresh blood so I  wouldn’t worry too much, it’s good idea to have a scan for reassurance.
Enjoy the rest of your honeymoon and congratulations! I used to live in NZ such a beautiful country.

Annilee I’m so sorry to hear your spotting too especially on Xmas day but like you say it is normal common symptom in early pregnancy. how did your scan go yesterday?

#51 ·
Its good to hear spotting is common for lots of other ladies 😊

Twinkletoes - hows your nausea now? Still pretty much gone? Ive been suffering with awful 24/7 nausea for two weeks now 😭 GP said there is nothing they can do for me until Im in the second trimester 😞 Two weeks to go!! 🤞🏼

My scan really went well yday, there was no problems what so ever thankfully, babies were both fine and wriggling around lots bless them! 💕

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.