* Author Topic: Lister Cycle Chat - Part 11  (Read 31980 times)

0 Members

Offline chini

• Full Member-10016
modify
Lister Cycle Chat - Part 11
« Reply #110 on: 20/07/18, 13:40 »
Hello everyone!

Sorry to be gatecrashing into your cycle chat! I was hoping you might be able to share some insights into the pros and cons of cycling at Lister... :)

I'll be 39 in September and have low AMH of 3.8 pmol/l, irregular and extremely painful periods and a uterine septum which cannot be operated.
DP will be 38 in September and has low morphology (1-4%), however no DNA fragmentation and other parameters are ok.

After TTC since June 2016 we had an unsuccessful ICSI cycle and very bad experience on maximum dose meds (300 IU Gonal-F + 150 Menopur + 0,25mg antagonist/Fyremadel/Ganirelix) on the NHS at Hammersmith Hospital this April:
14 antral follicles > 3 follicles grew to any reasonable size > 2 mature eggs collected > 1 fertilized > day 3 transfer of "perfect" quality embryo > BFN

So we're now looking to start privately and after attending open evenings at Lister and Create we're thinking of probably choosing Lister.

I would be really interested in any insights you might be able to share with me about them, e.g.
- What are the pros and cons of the clinic?
- Would you recommend it based on your own experience?
- Which doctor(s) you recommend?
- How much the overall costs are?
- How flexible / open to tailoring the protocol and responding to failures you felt they were?
- How would you rate your communication with them? Did they keep you informed and updated about your treatment?
- What was their approach to scans / uterine abnormalities?
- What did you think about the monitoring?
- What's their approach to low ovarian reserve / low AMH?
- Anything else you think would be good to know?
- What's their approach towards embryo batching for e.g. 6 cycles, then starting with transfers?

I think well try to decide on which clinic to go with during the next couple of weeks, so Id really appreciate any information you might be able to share - and if any of you have experience of Create and can compare the two clinics, that would be great too!

We hope to be able to book our initial consultation in August in order to have any additional tests done during August-early Sept, so that we can start cycling again at the end of September when we come back from our holidays.

Massive thanks in advance for any insights, and please feel free to PM me too! xx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Stelldust

• Registered-2
    modify
    « Reply #111 on: 22/07/18, 20:57 »
    hi everyone

we're looking to start a round of IVF (following an unsuccessful one last year) and I've narrowed down our choices to Lister and Harley street. we've been to Harley Street (LWC) last year but have not been to Lister. They are both about the same transport-wise and have similar reviews from everything that I've read. I'm with a low AMH (not sure if this makes huge difference but thought I'd mention this). I guess what I'm trying to work out is the logistics of getting there and in particular the appointment times. Could someone currently getting treatments there confirm what are the appointments like? is is very busy (I think i read somewhere that it's very busy and mentioning of very early appointments)? do you tent so see a lot of different doctors (at Create last year I saw at least 7 different doctors throughout our IUIs and IVF) and it was quite frustrating having to go over the same things over and over...

many thanks in advance.

Offline Mochashosh

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #112 on: 23/07/18, 17:02 »
    Hi Stelldust

I can't comment on Harley Street, but I can suggest there's a 3rd option available to you.  You can go to a satellite clinic for your medical work, and have your surgery at the Lister.  The advantage of this is having one doctor oversee you and seeing the same nurse each time.  It also means that if you're not local to the Lister you don't have such a huge journey each time.  But you get the surgical expertise of the Lister, which I've always been very happy with.  This is what I do, because I can confirm that the waiting room at the Lister is like Grand Central Station and you probably won't see the same nurse each time.  You see the nurse more than the doctors, so in a way they're more important for your wellbeing. 

I can tell you the satellite clinic I use, but I have mixed things to say about it, and I know we're not supposed to say anything negative here.  So if you're interested I'd be happy for you to send me a private message and I can give you an honest opinion.

Best of luck whatever you decide.

Offline Cloudy

• Moderator-4
    • Gotta keep dancin' ducky!
    modify
    « Reply #113 on: 25/07/18, 20:42 »
    Just to clarify: people can describe their own negative experiences, but due to risk of libel we sometimes have to remove certain things or ask people to modify their language. Libel claims against the site would cause it to close so obviously we have to be cautious, but that doesnt mean only positive posting is allowed. We do our best to work with this so that people get to give a fair representation, whilst keeping the forum running for its users :)

Xxx

Offline Mochashosh

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #114 on: 26/07/18, 14:07 »
    Thank you for the clarification, Cloudy.

I'm very happy to share my experiences, either in public or in private, so anyone who'd like to know more is free to contact me on the board or in private.

There are positives and negatives to what we did, so I will definitely be fair in my feedback.

Offline Peepsg

• Registered-2
    modify
    « Reply #115 on: 28/07/18, 18:30 »
    Hi Mocahshosh, we are just about to move over to the Lister and one of the things Id like to know more about is their satellite clinics in London. Was your experience at one of these? If so could you tell me a bit more? V happy for you to PM me. X

Offline Bumbo83

• Registered-2
    modify
    « Reply #116 on: 29/07/18, 09:56 »
    Hello all

We're about to have our potentially last ivf cycle at Lister as we cannot afford to keep going. I want to make sure everything is right as we've got everything riding on this. Can anybody please direct message me with a recommendation of a good consultant at Lister? (If this is allowed). Many thanks x

Offline Efi78

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #117 on: 30/07/18, 16:35 »
    Hi bumbo

I think the best one is Dr Wren. She is very direct though. Dr Nicopoullos is also very good. Overall I have to say that they are a very good clinic.

Offline Bumbo83

• Registered-2
    modify
    « Reply #118 on: 30/07/18, 20:10 »
    Thank you so much Efi78  :) xxx

Offline susie7600

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #119 on: 30/07/18, 20:26 »
    Dr Thum is lovely too x