* Author Topic: Lister Cycle Chat - Part 11  (Read 31977 times)

0 Members

Offline KDJay

• Gold Member-10018
modify
Lister Cycle Chat - Part 11
« Reply #130 on: 2/08/18, 06:22 »
Sunshine, we have always used Dr Nicollopus and think he’s great - from my experience I wouldn’t say he was known for a ‘mild’ approach but of course put your thoughts to him but he is the expert so I would feel confident proceeding with whatever he says even if that was not the mild approach you are looking for. I was on a pretty high dose but I have a baby and two on the way to show for it so wouldn’t have done anything other than what he advised. One good thing about James is I’m sure he will make you feel super confident that this will work for you because of your age, he was the same with me just don’t count him out if he doesn’t advocate the mild approach you are looking for because he knows what he is doing xxxx

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Efi78

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #131 on: 2/08/18, 12:00 »
    KDJay

I also have Dr Nicopoullos. We really like him.

May I ask what ypu age is and reasons for IVF?

Offline Sunshine122

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #132 on: 2/08/18, 16:39 »
    Thanks ladies for your thoughts.

Another quick question, did Lister recommend to anyone to take DHEA before cycling? And also did they do the bloods to check levels first to ensure it was suitable?  Thanks xx

Offline smallbutmighty

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #133 on: 2/08/18, 17:42 »
    Hey ladies,

I'm just wondering how things are at the Lister these days? I cycled there five years ago and it was diabolical; nurses were overrun, everything was running late, the St. Paul's clinic was closed due to staff shortage, so I had to go to Chelsea. It got to the point where I said I was thinking of abandoning my cycle just so that I could talk to someone.

Thing is, although I am very grateful to have had a child at ARGC, I'm at the end of the road with them for a second and also I just can't hack the stress of cycling there anymore (e.g. I waited three and a half hours with a full bladder there for an embryo transfer), so I'm trying to pick between Create and returning to the Lister again. I want somewhere that will make the process as stress free as possible. Any views very welcome.

Offline Jessica7

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #134 on: 2/08/18, 18:51 »
    Hi smallbytmighty

We cycled there 3 years ago and then again at the beginning of this year. Both cycles were successful but the difference between patient volumes has made huge changes there. This time we were generally seen quickly, had appointments for the full stimms process made up front (but tweaked if needed) and everything from a comma perspective was a thousand times better. I’m thrilled to have a little boy and now expecting twins, and we had dr wren both times, and have always had Liz as sonographer and while Dr wren is a bit loud and quirky, she absolutely had our best interests at heart and we can’t fault them at all. Honestly, so much has changed it was like a different clinic. I do wonder what made them change - but whatever it was has had a big impact.

Offline KDJay

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #135 on: 3/08/18, 06:27 »
    Efi - of course, I’m 33 and a same sex couple so we don’t have any ‘fertiliy’ problems per se.

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #136 on: 6/08/18, 09:01 »
    Smallbutmighty - we cycled at the Lister last year and have just done a freeze all cycle and would recommend them. Definitely haven't had any issues like the ones you mention from 5 years ago. Things must've changed a lot and for the better!

Offline sunshinebound99

• Registered-2
    modify
    « Reply #137 on: 9/08/18, 09:28 »
    Hi all, I'm thinking of cycling with Lister. What are your experiences? Is there much personal attention and monitoring?their results not as high as argc or crgc, but still good. Hubby and I can get pregnant but suffer early miscarriage so looking into immune stuff with Dr Gorgy. Thanks all!

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #138 on: 9/08/18, 09:43 »
    Hi Sunshine. Personally, I've had good experiences with the Lister. We cycled last year with my partner's eggs which resulted in a BFP and then I did a freeze all cycle last month using my own eggs during my maternity leave. I felt like we were both monitored very closely, me even more so because my oestrogen levels were too high so I ended up going back daily for blood tests until I was ready for EC. I cannot comment on immune issues though, sorry.

Offline Efi78

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #139 on: 9/08/18, 09:58 »
    Sunshine

Be careful of statistics because they may be manipulated. The LISTER, while they are brutally honest about your chances getting pregnant, they never reject anyone and don't handpick patients. They will let older women cycle with OE but will give you the chances