* Author Topic: Lister Cycle Chat - Part 11  (Read 31968 times)

0 Members

Offline hannahdaisy

• Gold Member-10018
modify
Lister Cycle Chat - Part 11
« Reply #140 on: 9/08/18, 10:03 »
I think I also read something about places like the ARGC having higher success rates because they transfer multiple embryos more often. Can't remember where I read this or the exacts of it though!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Flipsy

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #141 on: 9/08/18, 15:29 »
    ARGC handpick their patients. If your bloods arenít within range they donít accept you.

Offline Honeybee17

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #142 on: 10/08/18, 16:37 »
    Hi Sunshine,

First of all, I'm really sorry to hear about your early losses.

I agree with the other comments about being mindful of stats. I haven't cycled at ARGC so can only comment on what I've read and heard from a friend who has, but I think they do generally transfer maximum permitted number of embryos. That aside, the program is very tailored but you're paying for it. It's true they will turn you down if CD2/3 bloods aren't in their preferred range and then get you to return the following month to check again. They also focus a lot on immune and close monitoring both pre- EC and post-transfer. If you've suffered from early miscarriage this could be particularly reassuring. I had a friend cycle there and it was every bit as intense as your read about. She had all the Chicago immune tests done and tested positive so took all their advice re immune drugs and really threw her heart and soul into it but it wasn't to be - but even that course of treatment with the negative result cost about £20k. We met with ARGC as I'm almost 42 and they also appear to have slightly higher success rates with older women but I really wasn't wild about the consultant we met and given that in our case it's probably more of a numbers game, figured we could probably have c. 3 cycles at the lister for the same investment as one at ARGC! I think if you got a positive result you could probably be looking at another Ä5k on top for the monitoring. If you had that little bundle of joy at the end it would be worth every single penny, but it is a huge investment.

We decided in the end to stick with the Lister as I have confidence in our consultant and I think they have great embryologists and a good lab.  I think if you have known recurrent miscarriage issues they probably would monitor you more closely anyway. I think the only way to know is to speak to one of the consultants and see what they suggest before you make up your mind. Not sure if that's of any use but I always like to get lots of different opinions on things!  ;D

Offline Sunshine122

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #143 on: 10/08/18, 17:58 »
    Hello

Can I just ask what Lister are like with booking scans, egg collections and transfers on weekends? Are they happy to do this as required as I know some clinics try to avoid this. Thanks x

Offline susie7600

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #144 on: 10/08/18, 18:37 »
    Hi Sunshine, they do scans on a Saturday morning if needed (standard scanning days are Monday, Wednesday, Friday) and Iíve had EC on a Saturday before too.

I canít speak for anyone else but Iíve never felt they avoided doing scans or EC/transfer on a weekend. In fact they are usually quite busy when Iíve been there on a Saturday x

Offline Jessica7

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #145 on: 10/08/18, 18:52 »
    Hi sunshine

Iíve had scans, bloods and EC on Saturdays so they are v flexible. Occasionally they told me there might be a longer wait on a Saturday but I didnít experience that.

J x

Offline Mochashosh

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #146 on: 10/08/18, 18:54 »
    Have a little look on the 'Low AMH/High FSH' thread.  A few of us there believe they may be trying to avoid E/C on Saturdays.  Of course, this is just anecdote, and we don't have any real evidence other than our own experiences, which may count for nothing, but it may be worth asking around.

Offline Flipsy

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #147 on: 10/08/18, 18:56 »
    I had scans on weekends and bank holidays and had transfers on a sunday

Offline Sunshine122

• Sr. Member-10017
    modify
    « Reply #148 on: 10/08/18, 19:02 »
    Thank you, thata reassuring to hear xx

Offline KDJay

• Gold Member-10018
    modify
    « Reply #149 on: 10/08/18, 23:33 »
    I have had scans and I think Et on a weekend although when I had my last EC it was on a Monday and I was the 14th person and I said wow itís busy and the anatethists assistant said this was because they will try and push people over to fhe Monday rather than doing them on the weekend if they are able to but obviously if they need to be collected on a weekend they will but they do less people on a weekend.