Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

Lister Cycle Chat - Part 11

44K views 238 replies 50 participants last post by  hannahdaisy 
#1 ·
Happy chatting Lister ladies xx

Welcome everyone - here's a lovely new place for you to chat. The old thread has been locked but you can find it here if you want to read it: http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=363874.0

Please remember that the purpose of this thread is to support those undertaking treatment, so please keep BFP and pregnancy chatter to an absolute minimum: any such chat will be removed without notice.

Once the thread gets to around 100 pages we will lock it and start you a new one. This makes loading on mobile devices and phones simpler.

Happy chatting and lots of ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

xxx

#77 ·
Also Hannah forgot to mention we had Dr. Rittenburg for our transfer and she was also really nice and really put us at ease. Hope you get sorted soon x

#79 ·
Hi Flipsy! I'm good thanks! 15 weeks tomorrow... praying I'm over the worst sickness bit....

how are you?
x

#80 ·
Thank you, ladies! Found out that Dr Nicopollous is away for the whole of the Easter break so will definitely need to book with someone else.

Claudia - so lovely to see that news. I've followed your story on this thread since I joined here and I'm really pleased for you.

#82 ·
Booked in for a consultation with Dr Wren :) glad that it's all sorted now and booked in. Now that's done with just some nerves about the AMH and scans. Had them done about a year and a half ago so hopefully they haven't changed too much.

#83 ·
Flipsy - due date is September 5th! Seems forever away...

Hannahdaisy - thank you! Took us nearly 4 years to get here but all worth it. So glad your booked with Dr Wren, she’s v good. I’m sure everything will be fine - don’t worry! X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#84 ·
Hannah - Dr Wren is wonderful, if very direct and quite loud! She makes the two of us laugh (quite unintentionally) and always makes us feel like we know what’s happening. We’ve never once let with her like she not telling us the hard reality. All the best

J x

#85 ·
Thanks everyone :)

#86 ·
Have any of you had treatment at their satellite clinic, The Spire? It’s really easy to drive to from where I live and would be easier and cheaper than getting the tube to the Lister every time and paying for tube station car park fees. Think I’ve heard good things about it before, maybe from Flipsy? Am I silly for thinking you might not get as good service as you do from the doctors and nurses at the actual clinic? Worrying that something will go wrong and I’ll think it wouldn’t have happened if I actually went to the Lister for the scans. Probably just silly of me!

#88 ·
Hi Hannahdaisy,

I can recommend Mr Watson at the Thames Spire. We did cycles 3-5 there. I got pregnant on each one but miscarried on two of them. We’ve just had a little girl five weeks ago. I don’t believe the treatment is of lower standards but then I’ve never done a full cycle at the main Lister hospital. The great thing about Mr Watson and Jacky (fertility nurse) is that you only ever see them. So, they know you and your history personally. Egg collection and transfer are still done in the hospital.

Mr Watson is incredibly warm and caring, as is Jacky.  For us, it was great. They never try and push unnecessary procedures and Mr Watson will help you to make an informed decision about what is right for you.

We haven’t decided yet if we are up for another cycle. If we do have more OE  treatment, I won’t be going anywhere else.

I’m not online too often these days so if you want to know anything else, feel free to PM me.

HTH, Ms G. xx

#89 ·
I was given a set of instructions by the Lister when I went for a scan at 6+4. It wasn't cold turkey, I had to gradually reduce each type of medication. I would phone or email I think. I've moved house since I was in that position and wouldn't know where my sheet was so I wouldn't be able to advise.

#90 ·
Hi Sunny,

I was also given a set of weaning off instructions from the Lister. If you haven't had any I'd drop them an email as I think it depends on what type of medication you're on and the quantity as to how quickly you reduce.

Congrats on your positive  :)

#91 ·
Hi all. Just thought I'd pop my head into this chat as I am about to do a FET at the Lister.
Natalie x

#93 ·
Hi MrsTICSI

How does it work with Access Fertility and the Lister? We have been woth Lister for a while and wonder whether we should consider Advanced Fertility

#94 ·
It was really easy, you call them and they send through the options on email. As i’m 38 we’ve done the multicycle no refund, 2 fresh and any FET until a live birth for £10,500. It doesn’t include drugs and you can only pay by bank transfer or debit card, no credit card.

Paid the money and they let the lister know the same day. Really easy. X

#95 ·
So basically you pay for two cycles upfront, if you don't succeed you take your money back, if you have success first time you lose 5k.

#97 ·
Hi ladies, I have been quitely following this thread. I wish everyone lots of luck with what we are all going through. We are thinking of DE as my eggs are exhausted which at the of 37 is quite depressing ( its taken 3years to get to this point). I just wondered whether anyone has had success with DE at the lister and what the wait was like? Also do they normally transfer one or two embryos? Thanks ladies for any advice x

#98 ·
Hopeful18 - we’ve had two pregnancies using DE at Lister which resulted in twins that are currently at pre school and unfortanetly the second pregnancy ended too soon.

Feel free to PM me xx

#99 ·
Hopeful we are also thinking of DE at the Lister too and have booked a consultation.  We are already using donor sperm so it'll be a double donor situation. I'm still quite nervous at the thought of using donor eggs and a bit scared but we thought we'd go ahead and have the consultation as the waiting list might be a while anyway.

Flipsy I'm really sorry about your second pregnancy.  With the DE IVF, did you have to have a monitoring cycle first?  Did this have to be a couple of months or so before the actual cycle?

#101 ·
Thanks Flipsy.  Good to hear from a double donor person.  xxxx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.