* Author Topic: Happy ending with my twin babas  (Read 4847 times)

0 Members

Offline Peony86

modify
Happy ending with my twin babas
« Reply #20 on: 31/12/17, 21:16 »
New year's eve. I am happy, I am content, I feel loved! 2017 has been an incredible year. I feel so lucky to be here at the end of it with my hubby, 2 beautiful babies and 3 naughty puppies! Last year..we celebrated in a quiet and hopeful way, too scared to think of what might be. And here we are again, still celebrating quietly but only because we have two sleeping babies in our home. This year has had it"s challenges too but nothing in comparison to what has come before. I will always remember the babies that might have been, the difficult road to get to where we are and finally all these glorious memories with our two amazing babies. I don't know if I've ever felt more excited for what is to come but I'm sure that 2018 is going to be so amazing with my family that I am so thankful for.

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Peony86

modify
    « Reply #21 on: 6/01/18, 15:07 »
    It was such a sad week. I am officially back at work and it has been awful! I've missed the babies terribly and it's been quite stressful leaving theme home alone with the nanny. I hope it gets easier as everyone keeps telling me it will. I feel like I'm missing out on so much by being home.

Babies are 24 weeks old. They are growing too quickly. Baby boy is now 7.2kg and baby girl is 5.8kg. They move around constantly. I remember how worried I was about baby girl not wanting to do tummy time and now they are both trying to crawl! They move around like little caterpillars. They push their bums up in the air and push themselves foward with their faces    ;D They have been eating so well. So far they've tasted sweet potato, butternut, carrots, baby corn, apples, blueberries and mango. They love it all. Baby girl loves food. To think how she struggled with her milk in the very beginning! It's so nice seeing them enjoy food. I know it sounds completely daft but I really am finding so much of joy in preparing meals for them, it feels like a bit of a consolation that I am able to do this for them even though I wasn't able to breastfeed them exclusively.

Off to feed the babies now.

Offline Peony86

modify
    « Reply #22 on: 22/01/18, 17:00 »
    Time has escaped me yet again. The babies are 26 weeks old and as gorgeous as ever! I can't begin to explain how much I miss them during the day. I think about them constantly. Work has been awful, my manager is both demanding and incompetent and he's making work miserable. The really great thing now is that I get to come home to my beautiful smiling babies. I never knew how easy it was to feel stress free. Being silly with them just makes everything better! They've had their measles vaccines and am so proud of them..neither of them cried and were fine when we got home. Baby boy is 7.5kg and baby is is 6.2kg. They love listening to hubby and I talk, playing with their monkey and lion  and we get the cutest giggles when we tickle them. Feeding is going amazing, I made quite a lot this weekend. We are exploring spices and herbs and it's really going well. They have tasted lots now. We've moved on to combinations now and they've really been enjoying it. Ive also started giving them plain yogurt and mixing fruit in..the looks on their faces..they really love it. I want to introduce meat, maybe next week or the week after. Being a mom is really amazing and it really is everything I hoped it would be..every day I think that I am so lucky. Last night I was in tears when I looked at pics of them on the day that they were born. My little miracles..they are so loved and cherished!

Offline Peony86

modify
    « Reply #23 on: 24/02/18, 18:12 »
    I can't believe a month has gone by. My babies are now 31 weeks old and how they've grown! My little boy is crawling, he's been trying for ages and at 7 months he was doing a proper crawl. My little girl is also trying to conquer crawling but she's not there yet. She gets around quite well on her belly though. They have lost their baby faces and are now 2 curious little 7 month olds. They love laughing and think quite alot of what hubby and I do are hilarious. They spend all day on the floor and love it. My house feels tiny now and we seriously need to think about moving.

They have moved on to eating meat dishes and have tried lamb, chicken and beef. I usually slow cook it and it tastes pretty good. They are used to all sorts of things now and have tried tons of things. My son's favourite is mango and he loves lamb. My daughter loves blueberries and she also seems to love lamb. They've moved on to more complex dishes and I make roasts and stews and all sorts. It lots of fun and now I don't feel so bad about not breastfeeding for ad long as I wanted or how I planned. They also enjoy finger foods and after every meal they get the spoon with their last bite to eat by themselves..my husband cringes each time but they love it!

They also love each other to bits and do the funniest things..suck each others toes, pull each others hair, wake each up, pull dummies from each other. They are beyond adorable. My son is very interested in our doggies and has taken to pulling their ears! It's really lots of fun! I am so in love.

Work on the other hand is not as fun. My manager is still as horrid as ever and I wish I could leave. Work has been a bit miserable lately and I feel I need to focus on the fact that a job is a job..what's really important is who I share my home with! With that in mind I will just have to take it all in my stride!

Offline Peony86

modify
    « Reply #24 on: 16/03/18, 21:15 »
    So when is it that you stop feeling infertile? Is there a magic moment where you suddenly feel normal? Sometimes I wonder why life is the way it is..my biology seemed determined to stop me from being a mother. It took time for me to fall pregnant, I basically failed at breastfeeding, why at this stage does this all still bother me? Maybe it's just the type of person I am, I overthink and I want answers but I guess sometimes things are the way they are. My mood is so low and the biggest contributing factor is work. I've never questioned my self worth the way I do now. I really feel alone at the moment. 

Coming home to two smiling faces is the only thing that keeps me sane!

Offline Peony86

modify
    « Reply #25 on: 2/06/18, 20:01 »
    I can't believe it's been such a long time since I've been on here. I decided to take a break for a while because I was in such a negative space. Things have really improved  and I am feeling much better. Work is being handled and problems with my manager was escalated by the whole team. Hopefully the matter will be resolved in the next few months. I still can't believe what a huge impact it had on my mood. I'm working every day on reminding myself that work could never be as important as my precious babies!

So on to more important matters. My little babies have grown up in the blink of an eye. Not too long ago, they were feather light, they barely could do anything, I could leave them in one spot and they would stay there. Now they are so full of energy and they have these amazing personalities. My little innocent baby girl is full of mischief and spends all day bossing her brother around. As for her brother..he is a big teddy bear. They are two bundles of love that get squeezed so tight every single day. It's so amazing to interact with them now. We are even lucky enough to get kisses from my baby girl..long, slobbery, open mouthed kisses that go on and on. She loves kissing..especially the puppies 😣 Gone are the days of making sure everything is clean because theyou have taken to licking the floor, eating off the floor and always hunting for shoes that they can lick or bite..what is going on? They are more like puppies than babies these days! Crawling has progressed to standing independently and they love to practice all day long. Baby boy was crawling since 7 months, baby girl at 8 months and standing independently at 9 months. They can high 5, wave goodbye, clap hands, say mama and dada and my little girl is especially good at pincer pinches! They have become great little diners. They refuse mushy food now so my marathon cooking sessions on the weekends have slowed down. They eat chunky food now and have progressed to 3 meals a day. They lunch time meal is only finger foods and they are so good at eating by themselves. They love getting their little hands on what DH and I are eating. Even the spicy bits! They are such a joy and every day with them makes me love them so much more! I celebrated my first mothers day yesterday and I thought it would be a day without tears but of course there could be no such thing! Luckily this year it was only tears of happiness!

As for hubby and I..our relationship is so much better. We both realised how much of pressure we were putting on each other. After lots of conversations  (more like heated arguments!) and making an effort to spend time together, there has been major changes. I hope we continue getting stronger. Being parents is a tough job and I've realised there is no way that I can be perfect all the time, I can only do my best and I think it will be good enough and for now that's all that really matters!