* Author Topic: 2nd child using donor sperm as a single parent  (Read 726 times)

0 Members

Offline SophMcr

• Un-Ranked
Been looking everywhere to see if anyone has had a second child using donor sperm. I have been told I can't have IUI with the original donor as there isn't enough - they can offer me IVF but very reluctant when I've been told I don't need it! I'd be paying just to get the same father for 2 children. Would you do this or just have IUI with a new donor? I feel my son would prefer a full sibling or am I protecting my needs onto him? 😕

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Aley

modify
    2nd child using donor sperm as a single parent
    « Reply #1 on: 18/12/17, 20:33 »
    Ivf will increase your chances and yeah, I guess it will be nice for your children to be full siblings although probably not a must, different families different priorities. Personally I would choose the same donor if I already had a child with that donor.

Online CortneyWil

modify
    « Reply #2 on: 14/02/18, 19:40 »
    Hi, I have a 1 year old little boy and personally I'd prefer him to have a full sibling! I had ivf and didn't need it at all but it's so much higher chance in success!
    Good luck!

Offline Am3ie

• Un-Ranked
    modify
    « Reply #3 on: 14/08/20, 21:34 »
    I was told the same thing, but it was ICSI only with the same donor. Apparently, it's because the quality of the frozen sperm wont be the same when it was first donated.

:( Have you tried to persuade the clinic to give you the prior treatment?

I would say definitely go with it if you really want the same donor for the sibling as it's nice to have this, you are not putting your projections onto the Child because they'll have a shared family history and a connection that they'll share together.

Ho

Offline ZC

modify
    « Reply #4 on: 14/08/20, 23:45 »
    As someone who just did a second cycle using donor eggs and who asked the same donor to donate eggs again I understand this.

I would do the IVF for sure if I was in your situation. And you’ve great chances. Especially with ICSI.