* Author Topic: Starting my IUI Journey  (Read 1449 times)

0 Members

Offline Hope2018

modify
Starting my IUI Journey
« on: 18/01/18, 06:36 »
Good Morning,
I decided to start a diary on here as it appears there are not too many in this section and wanted to share my stories.
I started out at the fertility clinic around 14 months ago. After being diagnosed with PCOS due to not having any periods of my own I started to take Clomid.
Unfortunately Clomid did not work for me, 50mg and 100mg did absolutely nothing then I started on 150mg. For the last 9 months I have had ups and downs I. This, some months it has worked itherss it hasnít. With absolutely no pattern to it other than constant frustration!
In August we introduced Metformin and although this did not have the decided outcome of pregnancy combined with Clomid, it has let me lose quite a bit of weight without even trying (thatís been my favourite bit)
Anyways- fast forward to this week. I had my consultation earlier in the week for IUI to sign all the paperwork (couldnít quite believe how much there was) and be taught how to take the injections s.
I will be doing Gonal F injections every day from day 3 until told to stop. I need to get over my fear of injections
 before this!
As this month the Clomid hasnít worked clearly, I have decided to start taking provera today to help me along the way!
Fingers crossed AF arrives soon so I can get stared.
I am a little worried about the amount of time I will need to visit the hospital and be late for work!

FertilityFriends

• Advertisement

Offline Hope2018

modify
    Starting my IUI Journey
    « Reply #1 on: 21/01/18, 09:16 »
    How frustrating! I was desperate not to start my period before my appointment last week... now I still havenít (CD 42) Iím definitely not pregnant as I have done plenty of tests, I am guessing itís a case of the Clomid didnít work at all this month.
    I am now on day 4 of 5 if taking provera to bring it on and there is absolutely no sign yet.
    I just want to get started, now I have plucked up the courage to take the injections!
    I feel like there is just constant obstacles getting in the way!
    Xxx

Offline Hope2018

modify
    Starting my IUI Journey
    « Reply #2 on: 24/01/18, 06:22 »
    Woohooo day 45 and I finally have AF!
    2 days time I can start the injections. Hope it doesnít hurt 🤞

Offline Hope2018

modify
    Starting my IUI Journey
    « Reply #3 on: 26/01/18, 17:42 »
    Day 1 of injections today (CD3) and it was nothing to be worries about! The actual needle going in didnít hurt a bit, I got a bit all fingers and thumbs trying to hold it and press the button down at the same time but other than that it was fine.
    Itís a little bit sore in that area now as if I have been nipped or something but I think thatís probably psychological!
    Soooo pleased it went well and I am not currently in a heap in the middle of my living room floor- I have fainted with nearly every injection I have ever had!
    Me 1 - fear of injections 0
    😀

Offline Hope2018

modify
    Starting my IUI Journey
    « Reply #4 on: 28/01/18, 18:06 »
    Today is day 3 and Iím still doing well. I think I have established that the injections are absolutely fine. Worst thing is though I have had a total upset stomach today not sure if itís something I have eaten or off the new meds. Hope it doesnít last!
    Xxx

Offline Hope2018

modify
    Starting my IUI Journey
    « Reply #5 on: 2/02/18, 06:24 »
    So I had my first scan yesterday - day 9 and they managed to measure a follicle, this is something they have never been able to do before. They said the largest one I had was 10mm. However when I got a little excited and said this is way better than ever the sonographer replied with Ďyes but itís still very smallí but then the nurse said it was absolutely fine and we would expect to see them grow some more over the next few days. So is it good or rubbish? I came away pretty confused!
    I was told to remain on the same dosage as it was working.
    Back again tomorrow for the next scan!
    Xxx

Offline Hope2018

modify
    Starting my IUI Journey
    « Reply #6 on: 3/02/18, 20:34 »
    Back for my next scan this morning. Nothing has changed! All I want is some good news! I have plenty of follicles just need them to hurry up and grow!

Offline Hope2018

modify
    Starting my IUI Journey
    « Reply #7 on: 5/02/18, 20:10 »
    Been for another scan today- exactly the same as the other day!
    This is not looking as positive as I was hoping for!

Offline Hope2018

modify
    Starting my IUI Journey
    « Reply #8 on: 11/02/18, 09:03 »
    Scan again yesterday and nothing changing still.
    Iím on CD19 now. They have told me to do another 7 days at 75 Gonal F. I am hoping I am just going to ovulate really late.
    If not it will be a cancelled cycle. I am fed up with bad news!

Offline Hope2018

modify
    Starting my IUI Journey
    « Reply #9 on: 15/02/18, 08:23 »
    Itís CD23 today and I have finally had some sort of success. Largest follicle is finally growing. I had one at 14.5mm today which is huge compared with where I have got to so far haha!
    Told to up the dose to 100 for the next couple of days and hopefully that will give it the push it needs.
    I now have the issue that my lining is too thin! Arghhh hope something finally works!